Morozov? and saturday's game

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Morozov? and saturday's game

Postby hahnski86 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:59 pm

I know he went to play overseas for the year...does everyone think his NHL career is over, and if not, do the penguins still have the right to him if he were to come back over and play...i think Morozov would be an asset to the Penguins...I was overly sad to see him go...I remember before the lockout when things weren't going well and he was stepping up and in one of the last games (i think the pens went something like 15 - 7 - 3 over the last 25 games that year) they won in overtime and he just flashed the Pens emblom on his jersey for everyone in Mellon to see...i miss him...#95 is a great number too...let me know folks...and go PENS!

p.s. anyone going to the pens caps game on saturday night? I'll be there!!!!!!
hahnski86
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Ron` on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:38 pm

Morozov is an UFA. I doubt the Pens will make any effort to resign him next year or ever. He stiffed the Pens, who still had his rights post lockout, by signing a no out clause contract in Russia. Unless the rumours of overdue salary payments by Russian teams is true, I don't expect him to leave anyways.
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby scals37 on Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:57 pm

morozov most likely will stay in russia... he's too timid to take another shot at the pros
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PenguinMan on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:12 pm

scals37 wrote:morozov most likely will stay in russia... he's too timid to take another shot at the pros

or another NHL style check, he belongs to the no check league
PenguinMan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:17 pm

PenguinMan wrote:
scals37 wrote:morozov most likely will stay in russia... he's too timid to take another shot at the pros

or another NHL style check, he belongs to the no check league

I think you guys are right but if there is a GM out there that would sign Zigmund "Salt Peter" Palffy for 13 million then there is one who will sign Alexie "Marsh Mellow" Morozov.
NIN

Postby elliot on Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:06 pm

he is gonna be a UFA this off season, and in an interview last year, he said he wants to come back to the NHL once he's an UFA. Right now, he makes more $$ playing for one of the best teams in russia than he would've if he signed back with the pens as a RFA.

Play for better team for more $$ in russia for a couple years rather than taking less money to play for the sh|tty penguins, then come back to the NHL for more money as a UFA. Sounds like a no brainer for me.
elliot

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins