Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Palffy: return 50-50, considers coming back to Pittsburgh

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Postby Ron` on Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:43 pm

Trade his rights to LA right now for Anze Kopitar! Well I can dream right lol
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby louie on Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:29 pm

I was at the press conference yesterday and when I walked in Gate 2, the security guard asked if I was Ziggy... so yeah... I don't know...
louie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Redlight on Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:20 pm

louie wrote:I was at the press conference yesterday and when I walked in Gate 2, the security guard asked if I was Ziggy... so yeah... I don't know...

:lol: lol....

Seriously, I would love to have Ziggy back in the lineup. Him and Crosby would light it up like crazy if he is healthy.
Redlight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shawnlesky on Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:21 pm

ivand87 wrote:
"I miss hockey, though I guess so does everybody who retires. I could return to Pittsburgh in February, but they can trade me as well."

:roll:

I don't want a quitter either, but I *KNEW* this day would come. It would only take a few months for him to realize that there is nothing better for him to do than to play hockey. Pro sports careers are short enough as it is, so quitting early is rarely an option that makes sense for anyone.

His retirement was an unbelievably retarded decision. If he does come back, the Pens should shop him immediately.

I'm half swayed to side with he who projects to be an expert on that which is retarded, but I can't.

Not for a second have you considered the possibility that he couldn't go on with his shoulder the way it was. It's irresponsible at best, not to mention rude.

Whatever happened to giving a guy the benefit of the doubt. People say he "bailed" and I don't discount that as a possibility, but were we worse for the wear? I don't think we were. Was it a legitimate retirement? There's little to suggest it wasn't, except for mindless statements by the Daglio of controversy and others riding the bandwagon that neither he, nor anybody else, can with certainty back up.

Not only did Palffy's retirement unleash funds, but his potential comeback can potentially net the Penguins an asset in exchange if not himself at a bargain price. Even injured, he was a point per game guy and did earn every paycheck he got while in the black and gold.
shawnlesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shawnlesky on Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:23 pm

louie wrote:I was at the press conference yesterday and when I walked in Gate 2, the security guard asked if I was Ziggy... so yeah... I don't know...

Do you bear a resemblance to Mr. Palffy? Is it your assumption that he was in town to work out in preparation for a possible comeback and that's perhaps why he asked if you were he?
shawnlesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Redlight on Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:32 pm

shawnlesky wrote:Not for a second have you considered the possibility that he couldn't go on with his shoulder the way it was. It's irresponsible at best, not to mention rude.

Whatever happened to giving a guy the benefit of the doubt. People say he "bailed" and I don't discount that as a possibility, but were we worse for the wear? I don't think we were. Was it a legitimate retirement? There's little to suggest it wasn't, except for mindless statements by the Daglio of controversy and others riding the bandwagon that neither he, nor anybody else, can with certainty back up.

Not only did Palffy's retirement unleash funds, but his potential comeback can potentially net the Penguins an asset in exchange if not himself at a bargain price. Even injured, he was a point per game guy and did earn every paycheck he got while in the black and gold.

I like what you're saying here. Right on. 8)
Redlight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby louie on Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:33 pm

shawnlesky wrote:

Do you bear a resemblance to Mr. Palffy? Is it your assumption that he was in town to work out in preparation for a possible comeback and that's perhaps why he asked if you were he?

Unfortunately no. But it wasn't a Mellon Arena Security guard. They have a private company contracted that is there 24/7 and that is who asked me. I doubt she, also being an older African-American female, would know who the Ziggster is... so I find it interesting... I mean how many Ziggys are there in the world...
louie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins