Sim had an HT tonight & MAF thinks the Pens best dman is

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Sim had an HT tonight & MAF thinks the Pens best dman is

Postby Draftnik on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:39 pm

http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=232&id_nouvelle=981

Rob Scuderi. That probably says more (less) about the other dmen than it does about Scuderi.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Sim had an HT tonight & MAF thinks the Pens best dma

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:47 pm

Draftnik wrote:http://www.lhjmq.qc.ca/lang_en/index.php?page=232&id_nouvelle=981

Rob Scuderi. That probably says more (less) about the other dmen than it does about Scuderi.

I dunno Draftnik, im slowly becomming a Scuds fan. He aint no Rod Langway but you don't see too many defenders seal a passing lane with that kind of vigilence. There is alot more to the position then that but its something that stands out.

Now if MAF can convince him that the offenseive zone is NOT a wormhole that will steal your soul I think he might be a keeper. Right now Scuds is hurting his game by not keeping the attack in their end and out of his. Hockey is a very dynamic sport and nobody can be THAT one dimensional and hope to remain in the NHL. It's only been 40 games for him but its not too early to start rounding out your game. Especially on such a sucky team, the only fear left is Therrian and he is a little *****. I would dress him up like a china doll and make him derve me tea.
NIN

Postby Draftnik on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:56 pm

NIN wrote:I dunno Draftnik, im slowly becomming a Scuds fan. He aint no Rod Langway but you don't see too many defenders seal a passing lane with that kind of vigilence. There is alot more to the position then that but its something that stands out.

Now if MAF can convince him that the offenseive zone is NOT a wormhole that will steal your soul I think he might be a keeper. Right now Scuds is hurting his game by not keeping the attack in their end and out of his. Hockey is a very dynamic sport and nobody can be THAT one dimensional and hope to remain in the NHL. It's only been 40 games for him but its not too early to start rounding out your game. Especially on such a sucky team, the only fear left is Therrian and he is a little *****. I would dress him up like a china doll and make him derve me tea.

His wrist is hurt. I don't think he can shoot the puck right now. I agree he is excellent at preventing the cross crease pass on the PK. There definitely is a spot for low salaried guys like him in the Salary Cap world. I think it is a damning condemnation of all the other guys that make more than him that the starting goalie says the lowest paid guy (who by the way is relatively inexperienced at the NHL level) is the best defender.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:09 pm

Draftnik wrote:
His wrist is hurt. I don't think he can shoot the puck right now. I agree he is excellent at preventing the cross crease pass on the PK. There definitely is a spot for low salaried guys like him in the Salary Cap world. I think it is a damning condemnation of all the other guys that make more than him that the starting goalie says the lowest paid guy (who by the way is relatively inexperienced at the NHL level) is the best defender.

Oh yeah I almost forgot about that nasty cut he got blocking that shot. Looked like he got hit there again last game. It could be construed as an insult towards the rest of the defense but comming from a goalie I would be shocked to learn that it was in fact derogitory. I think that since they have had alot of success in the AHL together he probably does trust him alot more and that comment is just a refelction of that trust and respect.

Fleury really, REALLY hates lossing and he seems to have a wicked temper when things don't go the teams way or his way. He also cant stop smiling after a win. He is a true gamer and when he says money isnt a motivater I beleive he means it. Two things about the guy that worry me: 1.Will he accept a high contract offer from another team that Patirck can't or wont match? If that team is a winner (Ottawa or Philly) I think the temptation might be too much for him to refuse. 2. Can he get his emotions under controll? It's great that he loves the game but I would rather have a stoic prick with a cold heart (Barrasso comes to mind) then some aloof kid ridding an emotional roller coaster every game. I think FLeury is getting things under controll alittle but it can resurface and maybe even effect his play.
NIN

Postby Draftnik on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:40 am

NIN wrote:It could be construed as an insult towards the rest of the defense but comming from a goalie I would be shocked to learn that it was in fact derogitory. I think that since they have had alot of success in the AHL together he probably does trust him alot more and that comment is just a refelction of that trust and respect.

Fleury really, REALLY hates lossing and he seems to have a wicked temper when things don't go the teams way or his way. He also cant stop smiling after a win. He is a true gamer and when he says money isnt a motivater I beleive he means it. Two things about the guy that worry me: 1.Will he accept a high contract offer from another team that Patirck can't or wont match? If that team is a winner (Ottawa or Philly) I think the temptation might be too much for him to refuse. 2. Can he get his emotions under controll? It's great that he loves the game but I would rather have a stoic prick with a cold heart (Barrasso comes to mind) then some aloof kid ridding an emotional roller coaster every game. I think FLeury is getting things under controll alittle but it can resurface and maybe even effect his play.

I don't think MAF meant it in a malicious way. IMO it is just as damming though when you consider all of the other dman have more pedigree, salary, experience, or even all of the above than Scuderi.

Philadelphia has a better young goaltender right now than MAF and Ottawa will struggle to keep all their young stars, so I don't think either of them is likely to make an offer to MAF as an RFA.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jmh70 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:39 pm

Draftnik wrote: Philadelphia has a better young goaltender right now than MAF

:lol:
jmh70

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins