hangin' with mr. armstrong

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

hangin' with mr. armstrong

Postby randy on Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:50 pm

Spent a good portion of tonight rapping with colby armstrong at the local getgo. What a tremendous guy he is. If you have a chance to talk with some of these guys, definitely do it. I think they appreciate it too.
I hope the pens make habit of scouting that red deer program, colby rattled off all the guys from that club that are in the NHL right now, including phaneuf, erat, wanvig, etc. Brent Sutter does a good job there.

Also interesting ws the fact just how many guys on the team here are kinda living a in a transitional state, with a still staying in hotels. Man thats gotta get old after a while, and im sure that has a small effect on the losing, which beleive me, the players ARE really bothered by, and DO give a crap.

I also told him to pass a meesage on to brooks for me. If he ever catches umberger coming across the blue line with his head down, to really blast him good. 8)
randy

Postby Pitts on Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:15 pm

That's cool!

I told Whitney to keep plugging away. That although its been a crappy season, they do have the fans behind them and that we don't miss a game. We talked briefly about the future of the team being very, very bright. He was very cool and asked my son about his hockey games. He's also every bit of 6'4"...sheesh!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins