Can Sid catch Ovechkin?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Can Sid catch Ovechkin?

Postby Mountaineer on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:04 am

Caps have been shutout their last two games, and Ovechkin seems to have a lingering groin injury. He's currently five points ahead of Sid, with two games in hand. A big game against the Caps this Saturday would go a long way towards closing the gap, and maybe I'm crazy, but I think Crosby can still catch up with the big O.
Mountaineer

Postby Pitts on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:57 am

Who cares? Really. This is a non-starter anymore. Try something else this morning to rile the troops.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Steve on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:01 pm

I went to the Caps game last night, if Ovechkin is injured, he sure didn't show it - he created several scoring chances, he and his linemates just ran into a hot goalie....

Let's go Pens!
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:07 pm

I think sid can catch him, will he? Don't know.... Probably not with the way this team is having problems scoring goals...
FallenHero96
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mnpensfan on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:07 pm

Steve wrote:I went to the Caps game last night, if Ovechkin is injured, he sure didn't show it - he created several scoring chances, he and his linemates just ran into a hot goalie....

Let's go Pens!

I bet you and your brother have had absolutely no debates on the whole Ovechkin vs Crosby subject have you :wink:
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jamie on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:22 pm

I think in order for Sid to catch AO, they are gonna have to find a winger that can create a little chemistry with Sid.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Steve on Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:24 pm

haha, good memory M! :) I went to the game last night with my brother, I was able to score some free tix so at least he didn't have to pay to see that 5-0 loss...

We're going to the game on Saturday too, it'll be a group of Pens & Caps fans, should be interesting as always....
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

both are struggling

Postby relantel on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:55 pm

Sid hasn't scored in three games (granted, he sat out one), same for AO. But the caps are a temporary band-aid for the poor play of the pens...

As to who finishes with more at the end of the year, I could care less. Would I like to see Sid get it? Sure. But not consumed by it.

We'll be up in the Eagle's nest on Saturday, old logo Stevens, then-third Jersey Straka (current home jersey) and all.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: PM me your email addy for invite to LGP Extra Attacker league

Postby Stevens25 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:52 pm

For me,having Crosby win the Rookie of the year would be the one bright spot in this horrid season. I hope he wins it,but with the talent he has around him,he'll need to carry the team himself and need some great games. I doubt that playing along side Recchi or Armstrong will get him any 5-6 point games.
Stevens25

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins