Does MAF owe Errey money?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Does MAF owe Errey money?

Postby Goalie on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:45 pm

Did he kick his dog or something? Seriously why does Errey take every oppurtunity to rip on the kid?
Goalie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Does MAF owe Errey money?

Postby dboss on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:21 pm

Goalie wrote:Did he kick his dog or something? Seriously why does Errey take every oppurtunity to rip on the kid?

Errey is a moron and a horrible color guy. I wish Edzo would come back, he never will but I can dream. MAF is the best thing to happen to the Pens. If they didn't have him right now, the Pens would be losing every game 12-0.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jmh70 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:34 pm

MAF must have made a pass at Errey's wife.

I don't think it's ignorance on Errey's part, he simply dislikes MAF.
jmh70

Postby fourtKNOX on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:08 pm

errey sux at everything... or does he... i have an opinion... and its just that... yes i dont like his play by play or color or anything... but if i was forced to to color of a soccer game... a game to which i love and have this job with a terrible team... i may be just as critical about eeeeeeeverybody on the ice... so thats all i say... i think ol errey is just that competitive and is that frustrated... doesnt give him an excuse he should be above that but that is my opinion...

what gets me is how he will criticize and the next play say he is playing absolutely terrific or something along those lines...

ex... tonight was all about roy... than one play and he is all over him... i think roy didnt get back in the play... yes but you have been takling about how well you think he plays with crosby and the like...

and fleury... well you all know this... and then he makes a crazy save and he is marc's biggest fan!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jerez on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:45 pm

Please don't get me started on Errey (aka "Eeyore").

Wait, I take that back -- I AM going to get started on Errey. It's time for an "Eeyore must go" campaign!

He is so horrible, he makes me HOPE to get the opposing team's broadcast on Center Ice. (Well, he and Lange together.)

I think it's just goalie envy. You know -- just like "other" envy, only he wishes he had the cajones of a goalie!
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Defence21 on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:56 pm

Yes, it is ridiculous.

After the report on Fleury's confidence, Errey took the opportunity to put him down, saying that he doesn't practice hard enough to improve his game.

Maybe that is the case, but when he is facing 40+ shots on a consistent basis, how can ANYONE expect him to be a brick wall? Seriously, he has absolutely no support in front of him. What is he supposed to do?

I guess Fleury won't play well until he gets a shutout every game and single-handedly wins the game by scoring as well.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Scott on Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:57 pm

He just tells it like it is. No matter the player. I like Errey not being afraid to sugar coat our Pens. If they mess up, he calls them out, just like he does with Gonchar, and all the others.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jerez on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:05 am

Scott wrote:He just tells it like it is. No matter the player. I like Errey not being afraid to sugar coat our Pens. If they mess up, he calls them out, just like he does with Gonchar, and all the others.

Hmmm, it would be interesting to have some sort of time shift, and have Errey the announcer analyzing Errey the player. "not afraid to sugar coat" might be very interesting.

Errey's just jealous of Fleury because Fleury has more points than Errey has had in the past 6 years......
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:37 am

It has always struck me that Eeyore always looks at other players solely from his own perspective; that of a grinder-type player. He had some talent but made his career by working his tail off. If he sees a guy that does not measure up to the standards he had for himself, he views that as that player being a slack-ass. His biggest failure as a color guy IMO is that he never has been able to realize that not everyone works that hard and some guys don't have to. Lemieux, while an extreme example, illustrates that point perfectly.

Yes, in an ideal world, every player would give 100% of themselves to improving their game and playing the best they could. In the real world, that doesn't happen. Some guys make it by hard work and will, others by skill, and the rare ones do both.

Jaromir Jagr was another Eeyore target. Eeyore would always complain about about his lack of attention in the defensive zone, even on a night where Jagr dominated offensively. To me, that is like complaining about lack of trunk space in a Ferrari. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby NIN on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:57 am

Well there is nothing wrong with having a high opinion of yourself and if Errey is smug, cocky, or condensending he cant help it. That dopesnt bother me a whole lot but what does is his lack of WORK put into being a decent color guy! His telestrator work is a disgrace and his insight into the game is so shallow and dim witted I cant bare to listen! He has forced me out of my house and into the arena!
NIN

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins