No joking around....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

No joking around....

Postby MarioLives on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:21 am

I actually got sick at the game last night....I am not saying it was because of the horrible play....but it was weird... :lol:
MarioLives
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

I for one am ready

Postby rasbatch on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:30 pm

for some olympic hockey!! I didn't see last night's game and I'm glad. I'm ready to see something exciting and pens hockey ain't doin it for me.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jimjom on Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:05 pm

I relinquished my ticket due to a work conflict, but I'm really getting sick and tired of watching this team find different ways to lose. Unbelievable. I still support them and definitely will do what I can to keep them in town, but this year is PATHETIC. :evil: GRRRR
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby socket on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:08 pm

GRRRR, indeed.
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby td_ice on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:18 pm

I am hoping that the next few weeks will give the Penguins some much needed R&R.

Especially mentally.

Hopefully they come back with a new attitude and better effort.

I realize that they aren't going to come back suddenly more talented, but perhaps, just better in the intangibles.

I can take losing, realizing the talent is simply not there, but the exasperating mental lapses and inconsistent effort is tough to take.

It will also give us fans some needed break from the CONSISTENTLY bad performances we have been watching.

Being a STH, I look forward to going to all the games, even when things aren't pretty. And in 3 weeks, I am sure I will be pumped to have Penguin hockey back again.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:40 pm

td_ice wrote:I can take losing, realizing the talent is simply not there, but the exasperating mental lapses and inconsistent effort is tough to take.

It will also give us fans some needed break from the CONSISTENTLY bad performances we have been watching.

Being a STH, I look forward to going to all the games, even when things aren't pretty. And in 3 weeks, I am sure I will be pumped to have Penguin hockey back again.

I agree. Losing sucks, but you can deal with it if your team plays well relative to their talent. Games like last night are really tough though.

The odd thing is, Fleury was able to weather the initial storm and keep it at zero, the Pens had a golden chance and a virtually empty net. They shot about a foot wide. If they had scored there, they get a small boost of confidence and maybe it's a different game. Shoulda, coulda, would...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins