Onorato on KDKA Radio (1020) today @ 10am

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby td_ice on Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:42 pm

Another Onorato quote

"I do realize I have a bully pulpit from which to speak on this issue, but I believe it would be very irresponsible for me to do so, when not all the information has been processed."
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Griffin's E-mail address

Postby dboss on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:17 pm

dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

marty griffin or griffith

Postby penny lane on Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:28 pm

any way he just started in december from a mike pintak.
No way in Hades does anyone on kdka take shots at
the 12/13 year pirate glory train. :roll:

Marty Griffith do anything to keep his gig.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby bill from turtle creek on Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:37 pm

Guys, I got an pretty nasty email from him in response to my complaints about his bias, and what I sent him was really no big deal. He sounds like a fruitcake.

Maybe if we flood him with emails he'll go off the deep end and wind up at Western Psych.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby passmaster16 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:16 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:Guys, I got an pretty nasty email from him in response to my complaints about his bias, and what I sent him was really no big deal. He sounds like a fruitcake.

Maybe if we flood him with emails he'll go off the deep end and wind up at Western Psych.

What did you say? What did he respond with? He sounds like he wants to be a tough guy on the air...
passmaster16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby spoon on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:07 pm

Wait you mean HE responded and not one of his email Auto Mailers.

I give him credit for even understanding email. Then again he could have read it to a admin assistant.
spoon
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bill from turtle creek on Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:36 pm

Let's just say that he is very very rough around the edges, so to speak. His response was unprofessional to say the least. Even more surprisingly, his command of the English language and punctuation is somewhat lacking.

My original email was just a challenge to fairness, and to tell him that I'd be listening elsewhere if this was going to be his approach. It was pretty mild.

I'm not sure what email privacy laws are, so I won't copy them here. I'm pretty surprised that someone like that is on a big radio station.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby td_ice on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:38 pm

This was posted on the Official Pen's website regarding Marty Griffin.
by oldschoolpensfan

"This kind of retoric out of Mart Griffin doesn't suprise me he is a very vindictive human being. He has a long track record of making false claims and then being called to the carpet for them. As seen in this article out of Dallas...the last station he was at and fired from.
http://www.texnews.com/cowboys/dmn072497.html
His father was big in county politics and worked at the old airport, he was later fired and now Marty takes a shot at the PIA on every occasion he can. He is a slimebag looking for ratings at the cost of the truth or the community he lives and reports in. "
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:55 pm

bill from turtle creek wrote:Let's just say that he is very very rough around the edges, so to speak. His response was unprofessional to say the least. Even more surprisingly, his command of the English language and punctuation is somewhat lacking.

My original email was just a challenge to fairness, and to tell him that I'd be listening elsewhere if this was going to be his approach. It was pretty mild.

I'm not sure what email privacy laws are, so I won't copy them here. I'm pretty surprised that someone like that is on a big radio station.

Not to defend the jerk, but is it possible that the e-mail was a result of him being a lousy typist? Some people don't take e-mail all that seriously.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ben Klingston on Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:06 am

bill from turtle creek wrote:They'd better be flexible, because the writing is on the wall. Capri is NOT getting that license.

Why should they be flexible? Their franchise will be very marketable with the upcoming stars. Other cities will beckon. I think it comes down to, whoever the owner is at the time that IoC is denied the license, whether the owner is willing to take a chance and give Pittsburgh some more time to come up with another plan, or if they simply say 'We're gone'.

They've done what they were told to do. They got creative. Now that they got it done, state politicos are crapping themselves and trying to find an out. As others have said, the writing is on the wall.. IoC isn't getting this thing.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

BOBO and DO

Postby td_ice on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:17 am

I saw this in the PG today.

Basketball
Pittsburgh Xplosion.

Allegheny County chief executive Dan Onorato and Mayor Bob O'Connor will have a joint news conference at 10:30am today at the Allegheny Courthouse to talk about professional basketball in Pittsburgh.

Wonderful.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: BOBO and DO

Postby Pitts on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:21 am

td_ice wrote:I saw this in the PG today.

Basketball
Pittsburgh Xplosion.

Allegheny County chief executive Dan Onorato and Mayor Bob O'Connor will have a joint news conference at 10:30am today at the Allegheny Courthouse to talk about professional basketball in Pittsburgh.

Wonderful.

Really?? Can you post the link? I'm curious as to what league. At any rate, this adds momentum to the need for a new arena. Who wants to play basketball in that old run-down arena? We know the NCAA doesn't!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby td_ice on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:41 am

Pitts wrote:

Basketball
Pittsburgh Xplosion.

Wonderful.

Really?? Can you post the link? I'm curious as to what league. At any rate, this adds momentum to the need for a new arena. Who wants to play basketball in that old run-down arena? We know the NCAA doesn't!

No it doesn't help.

The league is some crap minor league. The team has been playing at the arena for the last few months. Drawing about 50-100 people per game.

Armon Gilliam plays for the team.

I don't believe the PG has it on their website.

I posted it because I can't believe the duo of BOBO and DO would have a press conference about a crap league/team that draws 50 people per game.
td_ice
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Marshall Dylan on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:46 pm

Pitts wrote:

Basketball
Pittsburgh Xplosion.

Wonderful.

The NCAA is on record saying it has no problem staging tournament games at Mellon Arena. One of the local schools has to agree to host, which is a lot of work.
Marshall Dylan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:04 pm

Thanks for clearing those 2 items up.

With a name like Xplosion, I figured it was small-time.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins