Malkin next Season? Don't think so!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: knew it

Postby netwolf on Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:51 pm

FuturePens wrote:HERE IS THE PROVE GUYS< THIS ARTICLE CAME OUT ONE DAY AFTER I POSTED THIS.

http://www.russianprospects.com/public/ ... cle_id=414

The interview proves nothing. He says flat out he wants to come over and expresses disappointment over Lemieux's retirement (who didn't?). What's the big deal?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

this

Postby FuturePens on Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:57 pm

This:

"It was clear to me that Sidney Crosby is the centre of attention in Pittsburgh right now and he will be getting most of the ice time. So what's the point of rushing there? Everything satisfied me in Russia in the Superleague, and now it's even better."

Also, his owner is a billionaire who wants a ton of money for him more likely.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: this

Postby netwolf on Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:06 pm

FuturePens wrote:This:

"It was clear to me that Sidney Crosby is the centre of attention in Pittsburgh right now and he will be getting most of the ice time. So what's the point of rushing there? Everything satisfied me in Russia in the Superleague, and now it's even better."

Also, his owner is a billionaire who wants a ton of money for him more likely.

I agree that the compensation is the tricky part; I have always felt that way. As far as the second point, re-read the question that elicited that response:

Let's return to last summer. In Magnitogorsk and everywhere else, the main topic of discussion was whether Malkin will leave for NHL or not and if he decides to stay in Russia, on what terms and why...

The question was about when he was deciding to stay last summer. The comments about Crosby were framed around the decision at that time, not present day.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HomerPenguin on Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:36 pm

pmh118 wrote:I hope Morozov decides to sign with the Pens again. I guess I'm just curious to see if he's matured, plus, the new NHL rules can only help his game.

I know there's a big Kessel/Johnson debate going on. But, what if the Pens were able to select Kessel and he was ready for the NHL next year? I think this team would be much more watchable. I took the liberty of removing LeClair, Recchi, Thibault, Koltsov, Murley, Endicott, Odelein and Cross. ;)

Forwards
Kessel Crosby Ouellet
Malone Malkin Morozov
Surovy Christiansen Armstrong
Roy/Rita Talbot Boguniecki

Defensemen
Orpik
Whitney
Gonchar
Scuderi
Welch
Lannon
Melichar/Cairns/Jackman

Goalies
Fleury
Caron

I know their roster may look a bit different by the time training camp rolls around next year. And it probably wouldn't be a great idea to put Ouellet on your top line, but I just tried to put some lines together as of right now. It's fun to imagine, anyway. :)

Where are people getting the idea that Morozov on next year's team is even a remote possibility?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MrKnowNothing on Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:30 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:
pmh118 wrote:I hope Morozov decides to sign with the Pens again. I guess I'm just curious to see if he's matured, plus, the new NHL rules can only help his game.

I know there's a big Kessel/Johnson debate going on. But, what if the Pens were able to select Kessel and he was ready for the NHL next year? I think this team would be much more watchable. I took the liberty of removing LeClair, Recchi, Thibault, Koltsov, Murley, Endicott, Odelein and Cross. ;)

Forwards
Kessel Crosby Ouellet
Malone Malkin Morozov
Surovy Christiansen Armstrong
Roy/Rita Talbot Boguniecki

Defensemen
Orpik
Whitney
Gonchar
Scuderi
Welch
Lannon
Melichar/Cairns/Jackman

Goalies
Fleury
Caron

I know their roster may look a bit different by the time training camp rolls around next year. And it probably wouldn't be a great idea to put Ouellet on your top line, but I just tried to put some lines together as of right now. It's fun to imagine, anyway. :)

Where are people getting the idea that Morozov on next year's team is even a remote possibility?

That's what I've been noticing too. I highly doubt that will be the case. In fact, I would assume Morozov would rather just stay in Russia where he is having success.

He asked for more than he was worth in the summer (so did Kraft, who really messed what shot he had up), and did not really leave on the best of terms.
MrKnowNothing

no way

Postby FuturePens on Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:55 pm

Those rosters above are not going to get you any more than 25-30 wins tops. Maybe a 5 game overall improvement if that. Why? Because it's not the offense we're having problems as much as the defense. The defense above is the same as this year. I think that we will dump alot of those guys and get two big D-man signings next season. Who? I 'am not sure, anybody know who is going to be a free agent next season and is actually good? We do not need an offensive D-man, but rather someone who is a good faceoff guy and someone with more puck handling skills and more passing acuracy than Gonchar, Jackman, or Orpik. Thanks.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:02 pm

The biggest needs for next season IMO, in no particular order are:

-a goal scoring winger (or two)
-a center that can be counted on to win draws and anchor a PK unit (preferably right handed)
-a defenseman (or two) that is solid in their own end AND at making outlet passes

Odd how that list is remarkably similiar to the list for last season. Depending on contract a reliable veteran goalie might be nice to have, but if Caron is still under contract the heck with it...

Viva la Francis!
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Caron

Postby FuturePens on Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:17 pm

I think Caron is fine, he's 24 or 25 years old and he's played lots of games by now. I don't want to see the Pens spend any more money on a goalie again, Thibault was the biggest waste of money!!!

I agree that we need another winger, a goal scoring winger in perticular, not somone like Fata, who gets a goal every 40 games, IF THAT> I would love to see them pick up a solid D-Man, Kasperitis like D-man, and put him together with Orpik in the same line, when playing the Rangers and Philli, so that we can destroy that guy Hatcher and Brashear. :twisted:
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins