This team can show 1 thing

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

This team can show 1 thing

Postby 68forever on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:02 pm

that even if you are uninterested in playing you can go out on the ice or not and NOT play and still earn your $X,000 paycheck. I know some people who go to work but don't "really" work and get a paycheck so I guess hockey players can to. Boy wish I earned that kind of money to "NOT" work. :lol:
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: This team can show 1 thing

Postby NIN on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:12 pm

68forever wrote:that even if you are uninterested in playing you can go out on the ice or not and NOT play and still earn your $X,000 paycheck. I know some people who go to work but don't "really" work and get a paycheck so I guess hockey players can to. Boy wish I earned that kind of money to "NOT" work. :lol:

We all phone it in time to time but there are days when I go to work hurt and gut it out. There are people out there breaking there backs everyday and then paying alot of money to see these wealthy athletes put forth a heartless effort.

Gonchar is laughing all the way to the bank. He thought the league changed the rules to suit HIM without even considering that he needed to step up his game.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:35 pm

I wish I could read people's minds like that... :roll:

I find it interesting that whenever a professional athlete is slumping and they make a lot of money everyone automatically assumes they don't care about how about their own play as long as they get paid.

I realize there ARE pro athletes like that, many in fact. I'm not that naive. I still think assuming all of them are is incredibly shortsighted.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins