Are the Penguins taking the right approach?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Are the Penguins taking the right approach?

Postby NIN on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:04 pm

I listen to Madden's show once and awhile and when I hear him insult Randell, O'Connor, and Onorato it is very counter productive to the Penguins cause. (BAD PUN WARNING) He is really taking the issue to heart, and it's entertaining and great for ratings but what we need right now is someone who can handle these 3 politicians with more tact then a 13 year old.

Madden might suffer from machoism or something but there is no good excuse for making it easy for them not to go on his show. Or did Onorato go on his show before? I think he did and I think he tip-toed around all of Madden's questions effortlessly. In any event if he really thinks he can help (if he even wants too) then he should tone it down and stop turning everything into a WWF match. THIS IS TOO IMPORTANT TO BE HANDLED WITH MADDENS RICO FATA FINESSE.

Rope-a- dope is what is needed. Lure them in and then let them have it. Referring to them as "pigs" (which they are) and whatever makes it easy for them to refuse to appear and thus avoid the issue while at the same time making the Penguins look like the ones who are in the wrong. The Penguins have the facts on their side yet they keep leaning on the conspiracy theory without backing it up with a POSITIVE list of economic bonuses that are weighed against the negatives of the Harris plan.

It is indeed PITTSBURGH FIRST so lets show that we have some dignity as Pittsburghers and win this thing for all the right reasons, not just despite all the wrong doing.
NIN

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:07 pm

Totally agree.

I've been saying this for months, the issue is much too important to have a mouth piece as uncouth as MM.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby Scott on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:20 pm

the people he is insulting probably are not listening to him anyways.

I don't want him to tone it down even a notch. Where he can have a positive impact with this is on the people who may not know all the facts. The big key here is getting as much public support as possible.
Insults may not be everyones cup of tea, but insults usually make people listen.

THere are so many people who are not educated about either one of these plans and the corruption that may be taking place right before us.

If his approach is via insult, then so be it. Atleast he is shedding light on this..even if that light may be a tad blurry.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:41 pm

The problem is that you're trying to win a battle for hearts and minds, not just get 'airtime'.

How many times have you thought to yourself... the guy is just an *******... and you dismiss anything they say because in your mind they have no credablity.

You wouldn't want OJ associated with a march against spousal abuse, and you don't want MM associated with a important cause.
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins