Why is Endicott in the big leagues?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Why is Endicott in the big leagues?

Postby FuturePens on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:31 pm

Can somebody please tell me why Shane Endicott is in the big leagues? In my opinion that guy is barely AHL level. Don't tell me he's tough, because he's a whimp!
He is not a offensive or defensive player. To be honest I did not even know he was a C at first, I thought he was a D. I know, you can not blame only one player, this season especially, it's been a number of them, but ever since "that guy" returned from his lengthly injurty I have only seen negative things, he has never stepped up and contributed in any game. Why haven't we send him down to WBS for a few weeks before shoving him right into the equation. What is CP thinking?
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 am

Postby scals37 on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:33 pm

its the kessel race... lol, actually im just as dumbfounded as you are here...
scals37
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,644
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:05 pm
Location: Joe Baggadonuts' House

Re: Why is Endicott in the big leagues?

Postby NIN on Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:42 pm

FuturePens wrote:What is CP thinking?



Endicott started his CAREER comming off a serious injury. I have never even heard of that happening before in any sport. It may happen all the time but im an active sports fan and I just havent heard of it ever happening. I think Edzo was very high on Endo and he might have insisted that CP lock his contract in as a one-way deal for whatever reason. I just don't see the potential they do. He has NHL size so maybe if you combine that with good minor league numbers he might be the type of player GMs covet. I would have sent him to the AHL months ago and not worried if someone claimed him off the waiver wire.
NIN
 

Postby Jamie on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:28 pm

I agree Endo sucks. At the very least he should be a healthy scratch. Jackman is a frequent scratch, but is worthy of ice time before Endo is. Everytime I see Endo on the ice, I want to punch my TV.
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,058
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:04 pm
Location: Here or there

Postby netwolf on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:41 pm

There are only two things that I can think of:

1: Other than Endicott, Crosby is the only natural centerman on the roster (at least until Christensen was recalled today).

2: Endicott is waiver eligible. I don't know why they would be worried about losing him though.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,329
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Postby Scott on Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:48 pm

netwolf wrote:There are only two things that I can think of:

1: Other than Endicott, Crosby is the only natural centerman on the roster (at least until Christensen was recalled today).

2: Endicott is waiver eligible. I don't know why they would be worried about losing him though.


That is ridiculous.

He might be a natural center, but becasue he naturally sucks so bad it doesnt matter what he is the nature of. :wink:
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,895
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:11 am
Location: The Quick Stop roof playing hockey

Postby netwolf on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:10 pm

Scott wrote:That is ridiculous.

He might be a natural center, but becasue he naturally sucks so bad it doesnt matter what he is the nature of. :wink:


It might be, but the sad truth is that according to nhlpa.com stats, Endicott is winning 48.9% of his draws. Getting Christensen back is huge for faceoffs. He was winning 54%.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,329
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:04 am

Re: Why is Endicott in the big leagues?

Postby wondermoose on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:24 pm

NIN wrote:
FuturePens wrote:What is CP thinking?



Endicott started his CAREER comming off a serious injury. I have never even heard of that happening before in any sport. It may happen all the time but im an active sports fan and I just havent heard of it ever happening. I think Edzo was very high on Endo and he might have insisted that CP lock his contract in as a one-way deal for whatever reason. I just don't see the potential they do. He has NHL size so maybe if you combine that with good minor league numbers he might be the type of player GMs covet. I would have sent him to the AHL months ago and not worried if someone claimed him off the waiver wire.


Willis McGahee
wondermoose
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,591
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:18 am

Re: Why is Endicott in the big leagues?

Postby NIN on Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:26 pm

wondermoose wrote:
NIN wrote:
FuturePens wrote:What is CP thinking?



Endicott started his CAREER comming off a serious injury. I have never even heard of that happening before in any sport. It may happen all the time but im an active sports fan and I just havent heard of it ever happening. I think Edzo was very high on Endo and he might have insisted that CP lock his contract in as a one-way deal for whatever reason. I just don't see the potential they do. He has NHL size so maybe if you combine that with good minor league numbers he might be the type of player GMs covet. I would have sent him to the AHL months ago and not worried if someone claimed him off the waiver wire.


Willis McGahee


Who?
NIN
 

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:35 am

Everytime I see Endo on the ice, I want to punch my TV.[/quote]

I agree, he always makes stupid mistakes, and I always want to punch my TV also, when he has plays, he's worst than Dan Hecht we had last actual season, if you remember who he was.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 am

Postby the wicked child on Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:41 am

Can you say Kessel?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,687
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: :scared:

Postby Vanbiesbrouck on Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:49 am

FuturePens wrote: he's worst than Dan Hecht we had last actual season, if you remember who he was.


Yes, that's right, Endicott is actually bad enough to make Dan Focht join the witness protection program and legally change his name to Dan Hecht to avoid being associated in any way with the Penguin franchise.
Vanbiesbrouck
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:50 pm

Endicott

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:15 am

Dan Focht = Endicott and there is no doubt about it, both of them are just as bad!!!
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 am

waive him

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:32 pm

waive him or dump him to ahl,where he belongs...
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,318
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Postby fourtKNOX on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:05 pm

anybody think that endo coming off his injury was in worse shape than any of the pens were at that time... and that is bad... no way should a guy that gets hurt in your camp get a nhl spot... no matter how good he is... for the length of time he was out for somebody should have been called up...

and when he comes back... he should have a reconditioning assignment... unless he had a one way contract... which now that i think about it he may have!

just sickening though... really! :shock:
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,731
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:57 am
Location: Pittsburgh

agree

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:25 pm

just sickening though... really! :shock:[/quote]

It really is sickening. I truly hope that once we get a new GM, someone will realize that he's not worth the trouble.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 am

Postby Tocchet on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:35 pm

The reason Endicott was given this opportunity is because of his play last year in the AHL shutting down Jason Spezza, while Spezza was playing for Binghamton. The thought process was that if Endicott can shut down Spezza then, and Spezza was believed to be a future NHL star, then Endicott could have similar success against Spezza and other talented centers in the NHL.

Unfortunately, whether it be because of his injury or stupidity, Endicott has been awful this year. MAYBE another team would claim him if he was waived, but I doubt that he'll be around in the future anyways (Crosby, Malkin, Christensen, Malone, Talbot, Stone), so who cares.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 537
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:52 am
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Postby schreibdog on Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:46 pm

Well, at least he won't be playing tonight, per the PG:
"Center Shane Endicott strained his groin in practice yesterday at the Island Sports Center on Neville Island and did not accompany his teammates when they flew to Raleigh a few hours later for their game against Carolina tonight.

Because of Endicott's injury, the Penguins summoned Erik Christensen from their minor-league team in Wilkes-Barre."

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06041/653254.stm
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,873
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:16 am
Location: South Park, PA

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:01 pm

Eventually, Endicott's chances here will dry up. The fact that he (and a lot of other players on this team) play so poorly, so much, clearly shows why this team has been so dreadful the past month. It seems that the organization had a pretty high opinion of him coming into the season; he has the physical tools and past AHL success to become a good third-line center. The injury didn't help, but I can't imagine that it's the sole reason for his struggles. He's been bad in every way.

So why does he keep getting so many chances? I think part of it is necessity. A lot of the time, Crosby's been the only center on the roster. They need somebody to play. Why Endicott and not Christensen/Talbot? Probably because they want to give Endicott every opportunity to show what he has. This is his chance. He spent years in the AHL. He's not going to get much out of the minors. Christensen and Talbot could use a little more seasoning down there. The Pens are going to lose either way, so I guess they feel it's worth it to give Endicott the chance.

I fully expect Endicott to be in WBS next season or out of the organization entirely. Malkin will be a Penguin, and I'd expect Talbot and Christensen to be up from the start. Malone could even stick at center. Endicott will soon find himself way down on the depth chart.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,480
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:31 pm

win

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:55 pm

schreibdog wrote:Well, at least he won't be playing tonight, per the PG:
"Center Shane Endicott strained his groin in practice yesterday at the Island Sports Center on Neville Island and did not accompany his teammates when they flew to Raleigh a few hours later for their game against Carolina tonight.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06041/653254.stm


This is awesome, we might just have a chance to win then !!!
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 am

Re: win

Postby schreibdog on Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:27 pm

We're missing 3 of our recent PK forwards (Talbot, Lefebvre, and now Endicott). I'm very interested in seeing who, other than Recchi, heads out on the PK tonight.

My guess is Recchi, Boguniecki, Armstrong, and Koltsov.
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,873
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:16 am
Location: South Park, PA

Endicott is horrible

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:47 pm

Liked it mattered when they were in the lineup we were still gettiing crushed on PK. It's the way we play it, I would like to see more pressure and more man to man defense in the PK. Instead we drop back and play zone and give the other team way to much space in the D-zone. The reason why we are so successful 5-5 is because we play man on man D and create turnovers.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:35 am


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: puckeye, ThronedFlame and 15 guests

e-mail