JERSEY REQUEST - 1995-2002 Center Ice Alternate/Road Jersey!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

JERSEY REQUEST - 1995-2002 Center Ice Alternate/Road Jersey!

Postby Lesky on Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:56 pm

Hi folks.

I am on a major hunt for the Pittsburgh Penguins 1995-2001 Alternate/Road Jersey. The on ice version with fight strap (Some STARTER ones without is OK too) BLANK JERSEYS! (Lemieux and Jagr could be of interest as well)

Here are the models and sizes I am looking for:

Pittsburgh Penguins 1995-1996 CCM - 3RD Jersey

Size: 44, 48 or 52 (NEW or good condition)

Size: 54, 56 - (Only NEW WITH TAGS!)

ImageImage

----

Pittsburgh Penguins 1996-1997 Starter (Star-logo) - 3RD Jersey

Size: 46, 48 or 52 (NEW or good condition)

Size 54: ]Only NEW WITH TAGS!

---

Pittsburgh Penguins 1997-1998 Starter (Written-logo) - AWAY Jersey

Size 54:
(Only NEW WITH TAGS!)

---

Pittsburgh Penguins 1998-1999 Starter (Star-logo) - AWAY Jersey

Size 54:(Only NEW WITH TAGS)

-------

Pittsburgh Penguins 1999-2000 Pro Player - AWAY Jersey

Size: 48 or 52 (NEW or good condition)

Size: 54, 56 (Only NEW WITH TAGS)

------

Pittsburgh Penguins 2000-2001 and 2001-2002 KOHO - AWAY Jersey

Size: 46 (NEW or good condition)

Size: 48, 52 (Only NEW WITH TAGS)

ImageImage

---

At last I could be interested in the same jersey replica style in [b]PRO PLAYER
and STARTER in sizes Small and Medium.

First and foremost I am looking to buy jerseys, but I can be open to discuss a trade as well, especially for size 46 STARTER jerseys and size 44 and 48 CCM + size 48 PRO PLAYER.

If you have any questions or jerseys that might interest me, post a message or send a PM! In additional, if you know any shop or individual that might have what I am looking for, please give me a tip :)

Thanks for reading and hopefully help me complete my collection! :fist:

Cheers
L

Note: I have posted this on icejerseys.com as well - no disrespect towards this awesome board - just trying the best I can to find the jerseys!
Last edited by Lesky on Wed May 30, 2012 11:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: JERSEY REQUEST - 1995-2002 Center Ice Alternate/Road Jer

Postby jwit on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:25 pm

I have got a starter, size 52. Good Condition. WHat are you offering? I also have a white (home at the time) pigeon logo from 93, also in 52. Interested? Both have fight straps, white is CCM.
jwit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JS© on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:46 pm

I may have a blank '95-96 CCM in my stash, not sure what the size is or if it's even an authentic. I do know that there's a stitched CCM on the hem along with the triangle logo.

What I do know is that I have a 2000 Morozov, but it's bigger than the 46-48 that you're looking for but it has the 2000 patch.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:22 pm

JS© wrote:I may have a blank '95-96 CCM in my stash, not sure what the size is or if it's even an authentic. I do know that there's a stitched CCM on the hem along with the triangle logo.

What I do know is that I have a 2000 Morozov, but it's bigger than the 46-48 that you're looking for but it has the 2000 patch.

You selling the morozov? :pop:

/interested
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby JS© on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:55 pm

canaan wrote:
JS© wrote:I may have a blank '95-96 CCM in my stash, not sure what the size is or if it's even an authentic. I do know that there's a stitched CCM on the hem along with the triangle logo.

/interested

dude, that offer has been out there for a year. :lol:

You want it in a white hummingbird or a 3rd that is described above? I think both are 56s. If I find time in my busy schedule, I'll FB you the pics.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby slappybrown on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:34 pm

canaan wrote:

/interested

I was coming in here to write IB4knan. I failed.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lesky on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:32 pm

PM sent - thank you!
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Lesky on Tue May 10, 2011 6:10 pm

I have an additional question about the following jersey below:

Size: 44, 48 or 52

ImageImage

Since 2000 I have been looking on Ebay for this jersey and I have never seen it in size 44 or 48 in either used or new condition. Can anyone confirm it this particular jersey were available in all sizes (44, 48, 52, 54 and 56) during the 1995-1996 season?

I understand that you do not want to sell it if you have - but it would be great to know whether these sizes exist or not.
Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JimmyPaek on Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 am

Best of luck on your search for jerseys.

On a side note, does anyone know where you can get this jersey numbered? Nobody seems to have the exact font I'm looking for or the colors of the layers. I'm also looking for the captain's C from this jersey which looks like the current style except the border gold is different. I've been debating getting it numbered with either Lemieux or Jagr for years. Thanks.
JimmyPaek

Postby JS© on Fri May 13, 2011 8:36 pm

JimmyPaek wrote:Best of luck on your search for jerseys.

On a side note, does anyone know where you can get this jersey numbered? Nobody seems to have the exact font I'm looking for or the colors of the layers. I'm also looking for the captain's C from this jersey which looks like the current style except the border gold is different. I've been debating getting it numbered with either Lemieux or Jagr for years. Thanks.

Have you tried House Of Hockey in Monroeville?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Doogs on Mon May 16, 2011 6:28 am

Anyone know where I can get kids sized Jerseys for reasonable. My son wants a home Kunitz Jersey
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Batman21 on Sun May 29, 2011 10:53 pm

Lesky wrote:I have an additional question about the following jersey below:

ImageImage

Since 2000 I have been looking on Ebay for this jersey and I have never seen it in size 44 or 48 in either used or new condition. Can anyone confirm it this particular jersey were available in all sizes (44, 48, 52, 54 and 56) during the 1995-1996 season?

I understand that you do not want to sell it if you have - but it would be great to know whether these sizes exist or not.

They def exist. I have come across them on ebay and at honus wagner sports a few years ago. they had a whole rack of them, lots of different sizes. what was odd was that some - not all - were game weight/material and sized by number but DID NOT have a fight strap. I tried on a 48. The guy at the store didn't have any info on where they came from. i left without buying one and have regretted it since.
Batman21
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby beerman on Mon May 30, 2011 8:34 am

JimmyPaek wrote:Best of luck on your search for jerseys.

House of Hockey in Monroeville, I had this jersey done there last fall in Kasparaitis. They did a great job with it, let me know if you have any questions about it or I can upload some pics if you want.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby blurryhaze312 on Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 am

Batman21 wrote:They def exist. I have come across them on ebay and at honus wagner sports a few years ago. they had a whole rack of them, lots of different sizes. what was odd was that some - not all - were game weight/material and sized by number but DID NOT have a fight strap. I tried on a 48. The guy at the store didn't have any info on where they came from. i left without buying one and have regretted it since.

I'm not at home to double check my jersey at the moment to give the exact detail right now, but that jersey was actually made in two different places depending on the year/maker. One was in Canada I believe and the other in some place way south....Ecuador maybe? The ones in Ecuador were made without fight straps, but still legit NHL merch ~ just the way they were produced that year.

I'll double check that when I get home next weekend.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 pm

For anyone wondering, the Authentic Starter version of this jersey that I have at home that had a fight strap included was made in El Salvador. I guess the CCM ones then didn't have a fight strap? I'll have to look that up somewhere, because I remember reading about last year somewhere - Authentic Starter jerseys had fight straps, the other brand Authentic jeresys didn't.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jeffshly on Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:04 pm

Haze, that's not the case. I got burned on this one many years ago.

I'm working from memory on the dates here, but all this information came from the the guy who ran Penguinjersey.com. These alternate jerseys, when they first came out, were made by CCM. CCM never released the authentic versions to the general public, only releasing replicas. The following year, Starter became the manufacturer. There were some knockoffs made that were sold as authentics with the real lettering. These were the first time I had seen NHL knockoffs. These did not have fight straps. They had authentic tags in the collar and even had the "S*" Starter logo and the "shield" NHL logo embroidered into the bottom rear hem. I bought one of these from a Canadian jersey store on eBay in a size 54, but when I received it and put it on, it fit like a 46. I took some measurements of the jersey and it measured 23" from armpit to armpit, meaning a size 46. I contacted Jim Kubas, who used to run penguinjersey.com, which has become pittsburghhockey.net, and he was kind enough to meet me to authenticate the jersey. He typed me up a letter stating that the jersey was not an authentic and I used that letter to get my refund through eBay/Fairtrade.

I later bought an authentic in a size 52, but the seamstress I used screwed the lettering up royally. I got my money back on the lettering, but I still have this jersey. The tell-tale differences between this jersey and the knockoff I spoke about above are: 1) actual correct sizing, 2) fight strap included, 3) the Starter logo isn't the "S*" logo seen on many jerseys; instead, it actually spells out the word "STARTER."

I also bought one of the original CCM replicas, which I also still have. These CCM jerseys did not have fight straps, but did have the embroidered CCM logo on the rear hem. Instead of the NHL shield logo on the bottom rear hem, they had a Penguins "pigeon" logo instead. These jerseys did not use glacier twill lettering, though the on-ice jerseys that year did.

Hope this info helps. I'm out of town right now, so I can't post pics, but I can get them sometime soon if you need them.
jeffshly
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby blurryhaze312 on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Good info! Yea, like I said, I was a little foggy on the details because it's been quite a while since I've read the topic on Ice Jerseys about the CCMs, but I could have sworn they said there was an authentic version of it released just without the fight strap. Maybe I'm not remembering correctly. On Monday I'll take a look around and find out exactly the thread I'm talking about.

I'd do it sooner, but I'm riding in my first MS 150 starting tomorrow. :)

As for your description of the authentic Starter - absolutely spot on. Exactly what mine looks like. Just no customization (I like that one blank for some reason).
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Lesky on Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:12 am

jeffshly wrote:Haze, that's not the case. I got burned on this one many years ago.

I'm working from memory on the dates here, but all this information came from the the guy who ran Penguinjersey.com. These alternate jerseys, when they first came out, were made by CCM. CCM never released the authentic versions to the general public, only releasing replicas.

Did you just give the answer to my old question below about the 1995-1996 CCM 3rd jersey? Is this why I have never seen it - and why nobody is replying saying they own the jersey or even know that it exists?

Lesky wrote:I have an additional question about the following jersey below:

ImageImage

Lesky
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jeffshly on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:23 pm

Lesky, somehow I misread the original question - most likely because I read this forum while I'm working and my web surfing gets interrupted often (damn coworkers!), but it looks that way! Sorry for the length of this thread when I knew the answer all along, but glad I was able to get it answered.

If you're looking for a CCM version of this jersey, then it's either a replica, a knockoff, or a jersey issued to the team that made its way out of the team's hands. Authentics of this style are available with Starter, Pro Player, and (I think) Koho brand markings, but not CCM.

Don't lose faith, though. When Reebok became the manufacturer of Pens jerseys a few years ago, the first Reebok jerseys the Pens wore was the last year with the shiny Vegas gold stripes. Reebok never released those authentics to the general public, either, but I have one. I bought it blank, but had it lettered to be a Malkin rookie jersey. I haven't seen an authentic black Reebok Malkin jersey with Vegas gold stripes other than the one I own. I wonder what the rarity of this jersey might make it worth, but I've never really checked it out. I have to think that you'd be able to find one of these CCMs you're looking for, but it's not going to be easy.
jeffshly
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JS© on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:54 pm

I realize I'm drifting off-topic, but even the first Reebok jerseys that were team issued were not true Reebok. I have a g/w Matt Murley jersey that was a Koho and later rebranded after Reebok bought out The Hockey Company (who had previously owned CCM, Koho, etc.) prior to the 2005-06 season.

http://www.hockeycustoms.com/Tutorials/ ... etails.PDF
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 pm

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jeffshly on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Damn, for $90 with only a day left, I'd jump on it if it were a 52 or 54. Jersey looks to be a legit authentic.
jeffshly
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby beerman on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:42 pm

jeffshly wrote:Don't lose faith, though. When Reebok became the manufacturer of Pens jerseys a few years ago, the first Reebok jerseys the Pens wore was the last year with the shiny Vegas gold stripes. Reebok never released those authentics to the general public, either, but I have one. I bought it blank, but had it lettered to be a Malkin rookie jersey. I haven't seen an authentic black Reebok Malkin jersey with Vegas gold stripes other than the one I own. I wonder what the rarity of this jersey might make it worth, but I've never really checked it out. I have to think that you'd be able to find one of these CCMs you're looking for, but it's not going to be easy.

I have an Authentic Reebok (Staal) in that style as well. I got it just before they announced the new Edge jerseys.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jeffshly on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:57 pm

beerman wrote:I have an Authentic Reebok (Staal) in that style as well. I got it just before they announced the new Edge jerseys.

Sweet find!
jeffshly
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Batman21 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:18 pm

interesting fake...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1990s-Vintage-Repli ... 3a6828d1ab

-wrong name font
-vintage series logo on neck
-fight strap
-corp pens logo on back hem, like the replicas had