Noah Welch

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Noah Welch

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:13 am

Whats wrong with giving Noah Welch a shot at the big level?
I mean we basically tried every option available and Noah has made a name for himself. Why not give him and maybe even Lennon a shot to show what they can do in the so much needed defense?

In case anyone cares to know more about him, read this:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.ph ... ed&order=0
Last edited by FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Shinoix on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:43 am

John Lennon??
Shinoix

Not, John

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:45 am

FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:01 am

Oh, you mean Ryan LAnnon??? :roll:
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Gaucho on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:23 am

I like MCM's idea of giving Welch, Lannon and Schneider (and maybe even Fernholm and Bissonette) a few games, 8 to 10, this season in the NHL and sending them down again regardless of their play. It would give the team and the players an idea at where they are at right now and where they have to get to. Who cares at this point if their mistakes cost us any games.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

a beatles' reference, yea!

Postby penny lane on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:40 am

Mad City Mike wrote:Oh, you mean Ryan LAnnon??? :roll:

any Beatles' talk is good!

I still remember Bowser saying R Lannon not really a prospect.
:P
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Mad City Mike on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:52 am

Gaucho wrote:I like MCM's idea of giving Welch, Lannon and Schneider (and maybe even Fernholm and Bissonette) a few games, 8 to 10, this season in the NHL and sending them down again regardless of their play.

What is this worlld coming to? Is that what this horrendous team has done, brough Gaucho and me onto the same page? If so, then it's all worth it :P

But seriously, they need to do it right. They need to tell each of them exactly how long they'll be up, no matter how well or badly they play. Tell them they will be sent back down no matter what. That way, in no way do they feel like the team has lost confidence in them. The coach must play them every game while they are there. This is all about next year and beyond, and is for their good more than the team's. They will better understand what it will take to play in the NHL. Having had a taste, they will work that much harder over the summer and come to camp ready to earn jobs. And from the Pens' perspective, they can get a look at how these guys might fit at this level. But that should be a minimal consideration. This type of cup of coffee callup is in no way a long enough period to evaluate them. But it would most certainly be good for the players to get that taste.
Mad City Mike
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

This might give some incite

Postby rasbatch on Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:59 am

into how to draft e.g. winger or d-man. I've heard these guys called the answer to the D problem next year but I'm unconvinced. It would be nice to see what they can do at the NHL level before we anoint them the solutions.
rasbatch
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

try these guys in nhl

Postby Pens4Life on Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:57 pm

Welch,Lannon should play at least 15 games in this season,which is lost anyway...
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Welch

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:37 pm

I agree, that they should get the 15 games at least because it would be nice to know if they can handle the NHL level. However, I disagree that it's a lost cause because every game the Pens is meaningfull if you're a true Fan. Not to take anything from you, but to simply be able to watch the Pens play is a great thing.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Tocchet on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:03 pm

With the glut of d-men on the roster, it's unreasonable to expect any of these guys to be brought up for a 15, or even a 10, game stretch. If anything, Welch might be brought up for about 5 games and then sent back down so he can get a taste of NHL life, but still get back to WBS to prepare for the AHL playoffs. I'd hope that Lannon gets the same treatment, but I won't expect it. Schneider, Bissonnette and Fernholm have no shot at being called up this year.
Tocchet
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby socket on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:18 pm

I am the walrus!
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

agree

Postby FuturePens on Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:41 pm

Schneider, Bissonnette and Fernholm have no shot at being called up this year.[/quote]

Agree 100%, they even spent time with the Nailers this season, it would be hard to believe that they would get a shot at the NHL, I was already suprised that Guillaume Lefebvre was up here.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins