2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Hey what do you know, the usurper is back. Instead of locking down my threads for no reason she's now trying to keep me out of threads. What a surprise.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby dagny on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 pm

Rocco wrote:Hey what do you know, the usurper is back. Instead of locking down my threads for no reason she's now trying to keep me out of threads. What a surprise.



Oh.. that was yesterday. . . when I could no longer stay out of getting canaan to answer rj. :P

I don't think we'd have any arguments over rj's choice, nor the logic behind it, for the game 4 starter. :pop:

btw.... way to *pizza*in' GO, pghskins!!! :fist:


Spoiler:
Did I mention that another new juju for this gmae (new juju, meaning doing everything different from what I did the previous 3 games), for me, was getting drunk? yah... so, it's only taken me, like, 10 mins to write this post. and the stupid cursor keeps jumping around which isn't helping
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,670
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby dagny on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:19 pm

I have a question.

Where the aich-e-double hockey sticks is fortKnox?!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,670
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:21 pm

dagny wrote:I have a question.

Where the aich-e-double hockey sticks is fortKnox?!


You buried him in a ditch.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby dagny on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:33 pm

Rocco wrote:
dagny wrote:I have a question.

Where the aich-e-double hockey sticks is fortKnox?!


You buried him in a ditch.


I'm sure he'd beg to differ.

If he were. . . y'know.... around.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,670
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:57 pm

dagny wrote:
Rocco wrote:
dagny wrote:I have a question.

Where the aich-e-double hockey sticks is fortKnox?!


You buried him in a ditch.


I'm sure he'd beg to differ.

If he were. . . y'know.... around.


He's not around because you buried him in a ditch.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby dagny on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:14 am

Rocco wrote:
dagny wrote:
Rocco wrote:
dagny wrote:I have a question.

Where the aich-e-double hockey sticks is fortKnox?!


You buried him in a ditch.


I'm sure he'd beg to differ.

If he were. . . y'know.... around.


He's not around because you buried him in a ditch.


Imma be redundant here.
am i the only one who's noticed we can now embed more than 3 quotes? i'm trying to keep the discovery on the dl, for fear of why we can't have nice things here.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,670
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 am

dagny wrote:
Rocco wrote:
dagny wrote:
Rocco wrote:
dagny wrote:I have a question.

Where the aich-e-double hockey sticks is fortKnox?!


You buried him in a ditch.


I'm sure he'd beg to differ.

If he were. . . y'know.... around.


He's not around because you buried him in a ditch.


Imma be redundant here.
am i the only one who's noticed we can now embed more than 3 quotes? i'm trying to keep the discovery on the dl, for fear of why we can't have nice things here.


It's been 5 quotes for a while now. You only show up when you feel the need to screw me over so you may not have noticed.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Kaizer on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:39 am

so who has tonight?
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,407
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:02 am
Location: Crazy Town

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby canaan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:24 am

Drunk Rocco
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,104
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:24 pm

canaan wrote:Drunk Rocco


What's whiter than a napkin, harder than a dinner plate? If you want it, come and get it, you know I stay super straight.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby dagny on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:02 pm

canaan wrote:Drunk Rocco



Ohhhhhhhhhhhh..... NOW it all makes sense.
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,670
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby canaan on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm glad my Patton-esque speech woke Rocco up
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,104
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:15 pm



Still puffin my leafs, still with the beafs, still not lovin' police. Still rock my khakis with a cuff and a crease, still got love for the streets.

Someone needs to step the hell up for Game 6. I'll be in the bullpen if you need me.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby PghSkins on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:22 pm

canaan wrote:I'm glad my Patton-esque speech woke Rocco up


Where was that speech for Game 1?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,830
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:27 pm

PghSkins wrote:
canaan wrote:I'm glad my Patton-esque speech woke Rocco up


Where was that speech for Game 1?


Game 1 was hubris. I was sick. Should have let Kaizer take it but didn't want to back out. Instead I kept the game and ran out of gas. I thought I could get through it but things went downhill on me and I couldn't stem the tide. Didn't help that posters violated my edict about non-Pens-related images, but I should be used to that by now.

Anyway, I got it to Game 6 with my usual style and aplomb.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby dagny on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:54 pm

I did everything different for game 4, than I'd done for the previous games.

So, I HAD to do the same for game 5 today, right? Well......

Waddle was set in the same spot. Jagr's autograph (as a Pen), set to neutralize him. (He was put away for the first 3 games BECAUSE of Jagr's autograph. My anger blinded me to it containing his energy as a Penguin. Dejan helped me let go of my anger. Ohmmmmmmm......)

Stanley Cup Champ hat in same spot.

Fancy Pens tunic/Alyssa Milano Touch collection - on. (Not something I wear for actual games. I wear jerseys.)

/action dagny drinks... (Apparently, I now have to get drunk for the remaining games, cuz I was drrruuunk for game 4. When I got home from work today, it was 2-1 flyers. I only got mildly buzzed for this one cuz it was the beginning of the 2nd when I started.)

The other thing I did differently, last game, was defend Rocco in the gdt. I revised that, this gdt, by simply allowing that abomination to exist.

Good 'nuff!
dagny
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,670
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:06 pm
Location: 68 who?

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:19 pm

I feed off the hate of management and cool kids. Management pretended to like me in Game 1 and threw me off. I knew they were against me in Game 5 and channeled that. Any other poster with my results would have epic poems written about them, but they'd prefer I fall in a ditch and die. Every board needs a villain, and somehow that's my role. So I play the part and I'm great at it, because greatness runs through my veins. You all will miss me when I'm gone.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby count2infinity on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:10 am

Rocco.... you're turrrrrrrible.

It's for the Pens, not for me.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,457
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: #isitoctoberyet??? Lololololololol

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:35 pm

So is anyone going to step up for tomorrow? Sad that no one wants the challenge.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby canaan on Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Rocco wrote:So is anyone going to step up for tomorrow? Sad that no one wants the challenge.

im more than willing, kemosabe.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,104
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:07 pm

canaan wrote:
Rocco wrote:So is anyone going to step up for tomorrow? Sad that no one wants the challenge.

im more than willing, kemosabe.


Then stop hiding, sack up and make it known. Greatness is not handed to someone. Greatness is seized by the SOB that wants it the most and is willing to kill anyone who gets in his way.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby canaan on Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:16 pm

Rocco wrote:
canaan wrote:
Rocco wrote:So is anyone going to step up for tomorrow? Sad that no one wants the challenge.

im more than willing, kemosabe.


Then stop hiding, sack up and make it known. Greatness is not handed to someone. Greatness is seized by the SOB that wants it the most and is willing to kill anyone who gets in his way.

its locked in, sissy. full throttle work on the Sabbath coming tomorrow
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,104
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby Rocco on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:55 pm

canaan wrote:
Rocco wrote:
canaan wrote:
Rocco wrote:So is anyone going to step up for tomorrow? Sad that no one wants the challenge.

im more than willing, kemosabe.


Then stop hiding, sack up and make it known. Greatness is not handed to someone. Greatness is seized by the SOB that wants it the most and is willing to kill anyone who gets in his way.

its locked in, sissy. full throttle work on the Sabbath coming tomorrow


We may need to discuss what exactly you mean by "full throttle" in the offseason. You're getting good at getting the Pens eliminated.

I'll be taking a while before determining my future.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 36,334
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:34 am
Location: Manor Farm

Re: 2011-2012 Official Game Day Thread Rules & Standings

Postby canaan on Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm

I'm gonna go ahead and give up my seat as manager for the upcoming season. Rocco an the other cool kids can fight over nobody stepping up for games.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 39,104
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dickie Dunn, dodint, jwest21, mikey287, Old Used Pylon, Pavement, PhantomJB93, Rocco, The Jarved Komet and 27 guests


e-mail