Official GDT: Penguins vs. Devils 10/22/11

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Penguins vs. Devils 10/22/11

Postby Jasmine on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:53 pm

Niskanen gets a little bit better every game. I thought last season that he would flourish in Bylsma's system, but it took a while and his having to endure some bashing. But he's proving me right, and he's still young . . . how good can he get? Obviously, the coach loves him, too. Neal and Nisky for Golagoski looks like a great move for the Pens.
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby columbia on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:54 pm

I wonder what the Habs would give up for Niskaken? :slug:
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby pens#1 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:58 pm

hand injury for Michalek?
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby GSdrums87 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:01 pm

Words literally cannot describe how horrible Kovalchuk was that game, at least in my eyes. Other than going shorthanded, he was atrocious.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:02 pm

Let's acquire Zbynek's brother?
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Rylan on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:05 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:Words literally cannot describe how horrible Kovalchuk was that game, at least in my eyes. Other than going shorthanded, he was atrocious.

I knew Bob Errey posted on LGP
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby GSdrums87 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Rylan wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:Words literally cannot describe how horrible Kovalchuk was that game, at least in my eyes. Other than going shorthanded, he was atrocious.

If only...

Seriously though, turned over pucks, poor decisions in passing and entering the zone, and of course that change with the Penguins having possession in their zone. Didn't look like $100 million to me.
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:09 pm

Kovie sucks... Gutless Russian!
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby meecrofilm on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:10 pm

pens#1 wrote:hand injury for Michalek?

Well at least we had a healthy D for -almost- a whole game :face:
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Rylan on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:11 pm

GSdrums87 wrote:
Rylan wrote:

If only...

Seriously though, turned over pucks, poor decisions in passing and entering the zone, and of course that change with the Penguins having possession in their zone. Didn't look like $100 million to me.

I'll be watching you.

Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby ILikeTurtles on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:13 pm

Great way to win the game in the third, hope Z is good to go.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby GSdrums87 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:15 pm

Rylan wrote:
GSdrums87 wrote:
Rylan wrote:

If only...

I'll be watching you.

Licking your chops with anticipation, rubbing your pterodactyl-sized hands together I assume...
GSdrums87
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens#1 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:24 pm

has anyone heard any actual updates on Michalek?
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby PittPensFan on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:46 pm

How stupid are the refs?

From Empty Netters: http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/empty-netters/30513-devils-at-penguins-10-22-11

Petr Sykora admitted he tricked the officials into giving him the high-sticking double minor against Steve Sullivan instead of Patrik Elias. Sykora said:

"It was unrespectful to the referee for me but I was trying to help my team. I didn’t want to have (Elias) to be going for four minutes to the penalty box. We need him on the (penalty kill). He’s our first PK unit. It worked out and Patty actually got a goal there. After that, (the official) came up to me, he wasn’t happy. I apologized to him. It was unrespectful for me. I really want to do what I can do to help this team. I’m not going on the PK, so instead of me on the bench, I can sit in the penalty box and we can have Patty killing penalties. I was hoping (the official) wouldn’t figure it out but he did."
PittPensFan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:49 pm

PittPensFan wrote:How stupid are the refs?

From Empty Netters: http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/empty-netters/30513-devils-at-penguins-10-22-11

Petr Sykora admitted he tricked the officials into giving him the high-sticking double minor against Steve Sullivan instead of Patrik Elias. Sykora said:

"It was unrespectful to the referee for me but I was trying to help my team. I didn’t want to have (Elias) to be going for four minutes to the penalty box. We need him on the (penalty kill). He’s our first PK unit. It worked out and Patty actually got a goal there. After that, (the official) came up to me, he wasn’t happy. I apologized to him. It was unrespectful for me. I really want to do what I can do to help this team. I’m not going on the PK, so instead of me on the bench, I can sit in the penalty box and we can have Patty killing penalties. I was hoping (the official) wouldn’t figure it out but he did."

Couldn't that be considered another 2 for Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Is that for specific things, or can it be used generically for any conduct deemed unsportsmanlike?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Staggy on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:12 pm

PghSkins wrote:

Couldn't that be considered another 2 for Unsportsmanlike Conduct? Is that for specific things, or can it be used generically for any conduct deemed unsportsmanlike?

I think it's a pretty open ended penalty (diving, mouthing off at the ref, shooting the puck after the whistle like Mac did tonight), but putting the wrong guy in the box is mostly the ref's error so I don't think they could punish Sykora.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NashvilleCat on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:16 pm

PghSkins wrote:

I think in this case that the ref should have given himself two minutes for being duped and then gone to the penalty box to feel shame.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby mac5155 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:25 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:
PghSkins wrote:

I think in this case that the ref should have given himself two minutes for being duped and then gone to the penalty box to feel shame.

I'm sure the referee will be rewarded with many more games this season.

Unfortunately referees are never disciplined when they make these costly mistakes.
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pressure=9Pa on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:34 pm

Missed the game, but...

W
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pen48guins on Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:16 am