Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Postby crokin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:13 am

Yeh NHL.com is very steep for my budget.
I came across on google search many websites that sell cheaper jerseys.
I will post below, do any of these look good to you and/or WHAT places have you gone or know of which sell affordable good jerseys?

http://www.newnhljerseysonline.com
http://www.marlborojerseys.com/
http://www.wholesalejerseyschina.us/index.php?main_page=login
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Postby PghSkins on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:59 am

Cool, need my Chinese Maklin and Corsby jerseys!

Seriously, quality and cheap are generally mutually exclusive when it comes to jerseys. Overwhelmingly you get what you pay for. So, buyer beware.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 am

marlborojerseys.com?

Looks legit to me. :face:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 am

JS© wrote:marlborojerseys.com?

Looks legit to me. :face:

lol wholejerseyschina is where it is at.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PolarPenguin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:23 am

To be blunt, but honest, buying a "cheap"/"knockoff" jersey is not the way to go. You will not find anything that is quality. It's a waste to spend the $30-$60. If you want a jersey that bad but can't afford a real one, then I guess that's your only choice. But personally I'd just save up until I can afford a real one, or atleast a premiere from a legit store.
PolarPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:30 am

I bought a Crosby off Born Trade for something like $38 with s/h. Given the fact that I wear my jersey's often and all kinds of swill and sauces get spilled on them, I'm content with my cheaper purchase.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby roland on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:37 am

I bought an 87 jersey from Born Trade and the numbers were noticeably crooked. I took it somewhere to see if they could fix the it and they said "where did you get this thing?" because it fell apart when they tried to fix it.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jeffshly on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

A lot of the posts above speak to the deplorable quality of Chinese jerseys. I'd agree with every one of those statements, but I'd add that the worst part is the fact that you'd be buying one of these jerseys without the benefit of seeing them and, if you're dissatisfied, you have no way of returning or getting a refund.

I've bought a Chinese jersey once - for my daughter because the licensed replica youth jerseys look like hell. I was happy with the one I bought from jersey101.com. With that said, I was going into it knowing that there was a shot I might be throwing $38 away. To be honest, I actually felt very fortunate when the jersey arrived and it was something she was happy with.

There are people who buy these things 100 at a time and sell them locally to make a profit. I don't know any of these people, but I'd try finding one of them. They're all over Craig's List. This would allow you to see the jersey before buying it, but it doesn't change the fact that there's a good chance that you'll find a ball of black and gold thread wrapped around the inside of your washer when it falls apart within a year.

If you're on a budget and want a decent jersey, another option is eBay. You can see pictures of the jersey and, if you're dissatisfied, you're also protected. I'd recommend that you educate yourself on the ways of identifying a Chinese knockoff jersey and steer clear of them.

Good luck, and if we can answer any questions about a particular jersey, feel free to post 'em!
jeffshly
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PensHckyFan79 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I have to say I have bought jerseys off of ebay and NHL.com and I am 1000 times happier with my ebay chinese made jersey then the one I got off NHL.com.

I figured it was finally time to get a nice new jersey that was "official". So I went on to NHL.com selected the Premium customizable jersey got an away jersey Orpik with the A on the front for ~$170.00 The jersey arrives a week later and the name plate in the back along with the numbers on the back and sleeve as well as the A are all hot pressed plastic garbage. The only thing good on the jersey is the front logo.

Now for $60-$80 (cant remember what a spent ~3 years ago) on ebay I got a powder blue crosby with the C everything is sewn on and looks pretty decent.

While I was at the game this past Friday I saw a fan with an Orpik jersey and I really liked it fight strap consol energy patch and the A on the front everything looked legit, I started talking to him and he said he got it for $50 total (with shipping) from China.

I would rather risk buying 3 jerseys for $50 and hitting on one, than give another cent to NHL.com when they produce crap like they sent to me.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jeffshly on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:31 pm

@ PensHckyFan79: If you're looking to get something "official," I agree that the Premier replica's are garbage. The lettering is horrible. It's that one-layer crap with stitching literally printed onto the letter/number. I have quite a few authentics purchased from the House O' Hockey in Monroeville. They'll set you back $350-400, but they're the on-ice jerseys. I collect jerseys, so I'm certainly not advocating that everyone go out and buy $400 jerseys to wear to games where it's an inevitability that beer or nacho cheese will get spilled on them, but if you want to get something nice and official, that's the only way to go.
jeffshly
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Nizzy on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 pm

http://www.marlborojerseys.com/Pittsbur ... uins-s491/

*pukes*

Seriously what's the craze with needing to get cheap jerseys? I don't get it. Having a cheap jersey is nice if you go to a game, pound a few cold ones, and get some nacho cheese on your jersey. It happens. However it's like its own sport to some people keeping dibs on the latest chinese import website. They're garbage.

I agree that NHL.com Shop isn't the best. However go on ebay, find an average seller, and if it costs 150 look up what the real jersey looks like that the players wear and compare. If it looks legit then buy it.

I only have 2 jerseys and I really care about them and wear them often. I spent about 120-150 each on them. It's worth it. I just can't stand these people that think they are so great because they saved 100 bucks on a chinese one.

No. It. Looks. Terrible.

Have some class as a fan please.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DocEmrick on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:35 pm

loooooooool @ the Lemieux RBK jersey

http://www.marlborojerseys.com/Pittsbur ... sey-98690/

What the hell is this, a black and white photo?

http://www.marlborojerseys.com/Pittsbur ... sey-97951/

Rofl, I've been entertained for the day.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby demondg1 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Chinese Counterfeits: Shoddy quality aside, I'd never give money to those criminals.
Reebok Premier Replicas: Horrible quality and fit and usually sold with the screen printed name and numbers; no thank you.
Reebo CCM-cut Replicas: Vastly superior to the Premier Replicas, but only available in Vintage and Winter Classic jerseys.
Reebok EDGE Authentic: I own a couple and they are far superior to the current replica jerseys. But unreasonably expensive.

From what I hear the new "Authentics" sold to the public are not even close to what is worn on the ice. Indo-EDGE's, made in Indonesia, not Canada as they always have been. Therefore I am currently on a quest to get a game issued jersey, Dana Hienze patch and all.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby PolarPenguin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Well you can find blank authentic jerseys and then get the custom stitching for the nameplate and numbers done at House O' Hockey, in total you'll save money from the price of an authentic out of Pens Station if you can find the blank jerseys on sale and the custom stitching will be of better quality than you can find in the stores. If I recall too House O' Hockey does use the same material that the in game jerseys use for their namplate/number stitching?
PolarPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby beerman on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:13 pm

Another decent option if you don't want the Heat pressed Premier junk but don't have the $350-400 for the Authentic is to get one of the blank Premier jerseys and have the Authentic lettering stitched on it. House of Hockey will do these and so do a few online places like icejerseys.com (sometimes you can find some really good deals from them).
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby crokin on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Wow...sounds like it is better to get a T-shirt, save, then buy a jersey rather than get a cheap one.
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby IncredibleMulk71 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:36 pm

If you want a cheap(er) authentic or replica jersey, I would suggest:
https://www.rivercitysports.com

The $330.00 Edge authentic jerseys are on sale for $169.99.

These are the exact same jerseys you would find in Pens gear, but like a previous poster mentioned, it's not the same as on the ice.

The only way you can get an "On the ice" jersey is to buy a game worn or game issued jersey.
IncredibleMulk71
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby JS© on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

crokin wrote:Wow...sounds like it is better to get a T-shirt, save, then buy a jersey rather than get a cheap one.

I'll be another one that recommends House Of Hockey. If you have the jersey, it's $89 for a player kit who is currently on the roster, $99 if the player is not, and the price includes the sewing. If you don't have the jersey, they sell on ebay for $189.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIDNEY-CROSBY-P ... 5d31211741 - Sid jersey

As mentioned in their description, they sew everything in-house and use the glacier-twill numbers and letters. Not sure why some are listed as $169 and some are $189 (kids' sizes maybe?).
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pops16 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:54 pm

demondg1 wrote:Chinese Counterfeits: Shoddy quality aside, I'd never give money to those criminals.
Reebok Premier Replicas: Horrible quality and fit and usually sold with the screen printed name and numbers; no thank you.
Reebo CCM-cut Replicas: Vastly superior to the Premier Replicas, but only available in Vintage and Winter Classic jerseys.
Reebok EDGE Authentic: I own a couple and they are far superior to the current replica jerseys. But unreasonably expensive.

From what I hear the new "Authentics" sold to the public are not even close to what is worn on the ice. Indo-EDGE's, made in Indonesia, not Canada as they always have been. Therefore I am currently on a quest to get a game issued jersey, Dana Hienze patch and all.

The new "official" jerseys that come from Indonesia are of lesser quality than the knockoffs. I don't know how RBK expects to compete with cheaper jerseys that are better than what they produce. I used to be anti-knockoff, but now I totally understand if you choose to get one.
Pops16
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby enenvee on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:09 pm

A buddy of mine was putting together a borntrade order and needed to get one more jersey to get free shipping so I figured what the heck. I got a Staal Away jersey. Fits good, all the numbers/letters are stitched straight and correct. And if I ever to spill anything on it or stain it I only spent $35. I've seen some bad knockoffs but I'm pretty happy that I didn't spend a couple hundred dollars on this jersey. All that said, if he didn't talk me into it I would have never bought anything from there on my own. They shady, yo.
enenvee
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:48 pm

PghSkins wrote:Cool, need my Chinese Maklin and Corsby jerseys!

Seriously, quality and cheap are generally mutually exclusive when it comes to jerseys. Overwhelmingly you get what you pay for. So, buyer beware.

Is that first one an Eagles or a Pens jersey?
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby crokin on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 am

Really? Borntrade will give you a decent jersey?
crokin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby GeoTank on Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:22 am

Through coworkers and my own purchases i've seen dozens of borntrade jerseys. To be honest not one of them looks bad, none of those "the name was misspelled" or "the numbers were upside down" or any number of other horror stories.

Just my two cents. heck thinking about getting the kids some jerseys too. They grow so damn quick who wants to spend that much. under $150 for all three with shipping?!?!? where can you go wrong.
GeoTank
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PhantomJB93 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:55 am

IDK about those other sites but you can't go wrong with Borntrade, I used to be all for the authentics but after I actually purchased a Borntrade jersey, there's seriously no reason to be paying the $100+ for anything else. Great quality and you can't tell the difference at all unless you're REALLY picky; although the shipping is a little shady and I'm afraid to order a lot at once haha (The tracking number they gave me never worked which scared me, although the jersey itself did actually come).
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bova80 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:34 am

i've gotten a few jerseys from yukijersey.com and they have turned out to be pretty decent. my crosby jersey has seen tons of wash cycles and holds up like a champ.

except the site appears to be down now.
bova80
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins