Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Places To Get Quality, Cheap Pens Jerseys?

Postby ajh2298 on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:14 pm

How is the sizing on the NHL jerseys from Borntrade? if I order a 3xl(56) will it really be that size? Last time a ordered a bootleg jersey it was from e-bay and the sizing was really off.
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Gage18 on Fri May 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Gage18 wrote:I finally broke down and got a white letang and black neal from borntade...I will let you all know how they turn out. Fingers crossed!

I got my jerseys and am REALLY happy! They are all spot on. My only complaints are that instead of the Reebok symbol they have REEBOK spelled out on the back. Also, the letang jersey has the nuber a little close. I showed my brother and he didn't evne notice...I would say :thumb: to borntrade...

Kinda annoyed with the REEBOK though...
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri May 04, 2012 3:32 pm

Gage18 wrote:
Gage18 wrote:I finally broke down and got a white letang and black neal from borntade...I will let you all know how they turn out. Fingers crossed!

I got my jerseys and am REALLY happy! They are all spot on. My only complaints are that instead of the Reebok symbol they have REEBOK spelled out on the back. Also, the letang jersey has the nuber a little close. I showed my brother and he didn't evne notice...I would say :thumb: to borntrade...

Kinda annoyed with the REEBOK though...

That's how all the new jerseys are, NHL or Borntrade.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gage18 on Fri May 04, 2012 3:53 pm

Oh...I had no idea!! lol Well in that case I am extremely happy with my purchase!
Gage18
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Tue May 08, 2012 8:59 am

ajh2298 wrote:How is the sizing on the NHL jerseys from Borntrade? if I order a 3xl(56) will it really be that size? Last time a ordered a bootleg jersey it was from e-bay and the sizing was really off.

That's the chance you take with Borntrade. Sometimes you get a jersey you like, sometimes you get a $45 art project.

As much as I prefer gamers to Borntrade, I do admit to having two sitting in my closet. The last one that I bought, a home Fleury back in 2009, did not leave me impressed. I ordered a size 50 and it fits like it's smaller than a 48 (probably closer to a 46).

Thought about getting it signed since the sleeve numbers and the crest appear to be correct or at least close. The numbers on back appear to be smaller than your standard 12 inch numbers. Or I might just resell it and put the money towards a jersey that's sized properly.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby knives of ice on Tue May 08, 2012 2:01 pm

the borntrade site got seized again it seems
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby gregory on Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Does anybody know anything about http://www.hockeyonlineshop.com? They have "authentics" for about $140. Seems too cheap to be legit, right?
gregory

Re: Authentic NHL Jersey Sale

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:03 am

gregory wrote:Does anybody know anything about http://www.hockeyonlineshop.com? They have "authentics" for about $140. Seems too cheap to be legit, right?

I would say stay away. I went here to their authentic blank jersey page, and the telltale sign, at least for me, is that they advertise sizes as "M/48" for example. Well...authentic jerseys are never advertised with letters and numbers at the same time - only websites and ebay sellers that are selling fakes do that.

Also, there is no size 48; it's size 46.

If you want a fake jersey, just use borntrade...at least they are cheap and you know you are getting a fake. That site might be legit, but they would make me nervous.

This site, on the other hand, is completely legit (they do customizing for the Ducks I think) and they are having a big sale to get rid of all of their Edge 1.0 stock. If you don't mind a blank jersey, you can't beat $130 really for an authentic. They customize too, but if you are a stickler for getting the exact fonts the Pens use, you might want to get it done somewhere local.

Anyone that has been wanting to get a cheaper authentic Edge model, I would suggest hoping on this sale. The Edge 1.0 model has been discontinued and replaced by Reebok with, from everything I've read, a completely inferior model made in Indonesia that uses very poor materials. If you want an Edge 1.0, I'd get it now.

http://www.hockeymonkey.com/reebok-hock ... c-pit.html

Edit: I think they also have the Premier/Replica models on sale, too.
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby blurryhaze312 on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:32 am

Also, here's a size 50 authentic Edge 2011 Winter Classic jersey on Ebay for only $100.

I bought one from these guys a few months ago - top quality for sure. Will supply additional pictures to what they have if anyone wants.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221064831404?ss ... 1423.l2649
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby socket on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:48 am

http://www.borntradejerseys.cn

Happy with my couple of Borntrades. One has the name slightly off center but everything else is great.
socket
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby JS© on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:17 am

bumping this due to the borntrade special that was spotted at work today. Home Crosby, with the 7 on the back and the Y very noticeably crooked. I'll see if I can get a pic of it.

I'm really hoping it's the size of the jersey and that maybe not crooked
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pensfan1989 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:25 am

pensfan1989
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:53 pm

Bump bump bump...

Anyone order from them lately? How about a company called iceauthentics.com? Looking for a decent Crosby or Kunitz jersey.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pcmforless on Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:05 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Bump bump bump...

Anyone order from them lately? How about a company called iceauthentics.com? Looking for a decent Crosby or Kunitz jersey.

I ordered Pens and Pirates Jerseys for the kids for XMAS from Borntrade and all were of good quality and correct (and came pretty quickly). For the kids they really are good alternatives as I can't see spending hundreds on authentics for the kids as they like to wear them to school and to games and often get them dirty/damaged.
pcmforless
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Headshot77 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:16 am

Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby CERV96 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:46 am

The horse whisperer returns!
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Kovy27 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:31 am

Most of those fake jerseys look absolutely horrible. In my opinion, it is worth the money buying a real replica jersey. Of course, if you purchase them for kids, I can completely understand that. However, if you are 35 with a decent job and you have a OPRIK jersey with the NHL logo falling off the neck and Rebox on the back, you should have just spent the extra $100.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby skullman80 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:36 am

I refuse to buy jerseys in general now because the numbers and names aren't stitched on... Just crazy. You want me to pay 150$ for a replica jersey with non-stitched numbers.. no thanks. It's not just the NHL that does this, the NFL does and I'm sure other sports. I'm more than fine buying knockoffs on ebay.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Why Not Us on Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:53 am

I have 3 of the Nike Elite NFL jerseys and the name/numbers are stitched onto each.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby skullman80 on Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:00 am

Why Not Us wrote:I have 3 of the Nike Elite NFL jerseys and the name/numbers are stitched onto each.

Yeah.. those are the jerseys that cost 250$ each if you buy them from Nflshop. The ones that are like 130 or so don't have stitched on numbers, at least I don't remember them. Either way I was just pointing out if I'm throwing down big cash for a jersey I want the numbers and names stitched on not screen printed or whatever else most jerseys have now a days.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:03 am

Question for those who dry clean. If i take my home Neal jersey with everything stitched on to get it dry cleaned, will it fade, shrink, or have torn threads? I got some RC Cola on the sleeve and dont wanna chuck it in my washer.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:35 am

skullman80 wrote:
Why Not Us wrote:I have 3 of the Nike Elite NFL jerseys and the name/numbers are stitched onto each.

Yeah.. those are the jerseys that cost 250$ each if you buy them from Nflshop. The ones that are like 130 or so don't have stitched on numbers, at least I don't remember them. Either way I was just pointing out if I'm throwing down big cash for a jersey I want the numbers and names stitched on not screen printed or whatever else most jerseys have now a days.

Eh...the stitched NFL jerseys are like 110. I got Two Brees Jerseys and Heath Miller one this way.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Kovy27 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:36 am

FreeCandy44 wrote:Question for those who dry clean. If i take my home Neal jersey with everything stitched on to get it dry cleaned, will it fade, shrink, or have torn threads? I got some RC Cola on the sleeve and dont wanna chuck it in my washer.

You can throw it in your washer...on the gentle mode, by itself...and make sure you turn it inside out. Then just hang dry it. Saves you decent amt of money and none of my jerseys ever got affected by washing it that way.
Kovy27
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:42 am

No shrinkage? Lol....
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins