Win or Kessel?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Win or Kessel?

Postby FuturePens on Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:22 am

Why can't we forcheck the way we did every game? I loved the enthusiasm we displayed today. Or is it simply that we did not have Gonchar and Endicott causing 50% of our games' turnovers? I really hope for a few more victories, I don't care about Kessel or whoever it may be. I want the Pens to win while they are here!!! L E T S G O P E N S
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

win

Postby FuturePens on Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:37 am

I still go with win, I love to see them win regardless at what point of time it is. It makes my day to see Crosby score and the Pens win!!! Neither Johnson or Kessel can cross that path in my opinion.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby wondermoose on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:49 am

Even if we started winning at this point, like last season, it will be too late to take us out of the bottom rung. Let's face it, we're not going to be any better than a .500 club the rest of the way out AT BEST, and even then we'll finish last more likely than not.
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby netwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:40 am

Last night's win had nothing to do with Endicott and Gonchar being out of the lineup. Everyone played together as a team and actually appeared to give a crap about the outcome.

Inconsistency is always a problem with young guys and this team has a lot of young guys. That's why they don't play like that all the time.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Scott on Sat Feb 11, 2006 3:31 pm

Win. Either one of those two draft picks will not impact this team like putting together a bunch of wins will with their confidence.

Maybe MT will learn something as well,,, like being able to let some skill guys play and have some fun.
Scott
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby careyz8 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:08 pm

Win...simply put

These guys are in the pros and most of them got here because they wanted to win...if CP wants to get Kessel so bad, then I believe he would bring up guys from WBS, sit all of the vets, sit Crosby, sit MAF and whatnot...there is no reason to tank a season nowadays because remember whenever we finished dead last and thought we were going to get Ovechkin? there is this thing called a lottery and it doesn't always play out how we want it to...if there are people/players in this organization who do not want to win, get rid of them, i dont care who they are, they dont deserve to be here if they dont want to win
careyz8
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby jjwags on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:10 pm

at this point I would say Kessel
jjwags
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby MrKnowNothing on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:14 pm

netwolf wrote:Last night's win had nothing to do with Endicott and Gonchar being out of the lineup. Everyone played together as a team and actually appeared to give a crap about the outcome.

Inconsistency is always a problem with young guys and this team has a lot of young guys. That's why they don't play like that all the time.

I agree.

If they can find some consistency as far as playing Therrien't system and everyond firing on all cylinders, then I hope that they play like that to finish the season and let the chips fall where they may when it comes to their draft position.
MrKnowNothing

agree and disagree

Postby FuturePens on Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:48 pm

I agree and disagree with some of the things sofar. First, I agree the fact that the Pens should let the chips fall where they belong, and simply play to their best ability. Kessel or Johnson do not deserve to be here if we sit out guys purposly, doubt that would ever happen anyway, everyone hates to lose.

I disagree with the fact that Endicott's and Gonchar's absences were irrelevant, because not having Gonchar taking away 25 minutes on Ice, Ryan was able to show what he's got. Not having Endicott in the defense, we had only 5 giveaways, whereelse we have usually have 10, and half of them are from Endicott. Even though we took too many penalties again last night, at least not all of them were stupitidy one's, like obvious hooking that Gonchar and Endicott love to do.
FuturePens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: agree and disagree

Postby netwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:20 pm

FuturePens wrote:everyone hates to lose.

I wouldn't say everyone. I think that's part of the problem.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Win or Kessel?

Postby HomerPenguin on Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:41 pm

ziggystardust wrote:
FuturePens wrote:Why can't we forcheck the way we did every game? I loved the enthusiasm we displayed today. Or is it simply that we did not have Gonchar and Endicott causing 50% of our games' turnovers? I really hope for a few more victories, I don't care about Kessel or whoever it may be. I want the Pens to win while they are here!!! L E T S G O P E N S

Win or Kessel?
I'll choose win.

now, win or johnson?
I think I'll go with Erik.

I will say with the team seemingly guaranteed to get no worse than the second pick overall, it's nice that there are two players coming out who are both highly regarded.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins