OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Rylan on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 pm

:scared:
:scared:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby BurghThing on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:20 pm

Well we know Shero won't do anything until next week. He's off to Florida with his golf clubs just like the rest of the team.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,429
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:25 pm

offsides wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:
I swear some folks have no idea what they are talking about and want to blame anything for the fact that the Pens are not getting breaks anywhere from anyone right now.


I consider it more a case of talent and effort not breaks. Good teams can overcome bad breaks. We used to be able to.


This team is depleted and has guys who are playing when they shouldn't, in addition to all that are out. The Ottawa loss was frustration and a loss of discipline once Johnson had all but handed the Sens the W. The effort has been there every game. Don't confuse a lack of high end skill and a bunch of guys squeezing the stick with a lack of effort. Five games from now, I would bet that Jeffries pots that, and we have a different view. Should we make a desperation trade or fire Bylsma because these facts all exist and he has no control over them?

They Pens have been outshooting and outchancing the opponent during this stretch. If you measure effort in goals, then I guess I agree.

Analyze each game, and you will see a bad goal by the goalie in at least 4 of them, and you will see a team desperate to score trying to overcome that. If you want to blame anyone for 4 of the 6 losses, blame the goalie. I for one don't want to blame anyone. I think they need to go to Florida, keep getting pucks to the net and get out of this.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I am so just incredibly happy that we passed over Jagr for that high priority player in TK.


is that really how you see what happened with jagr, or are you just saying weird things because you're mad?


I see things that Shero had indicated that he wanted TK moreso than Jagr, which is where Jagr's money went. TK is a bum.


i think i have my answer :lol:
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,843
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 pm

BurghThing wrote:Well we know Shero won't do anything until next week. He's off to Florida with his golf clubs just like the rest of the team.


Does that mean you think they just don't care?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,282
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:28 am
Location: Somewhere between here and there

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:29 pm

shmenguin wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I am so just incredibly happy that we passed over Jagr for that high priority player in TK.


is that really how you see what happened with jagr, or are you just saying weird things because you're mad?


I see things that Shero had indicated that he wanted TK moreso than Jagr, which is where Jagr's money went. TK is a bum.


i think i have my answer :lol:


I think it's well known that I hate TK. Literally, I gave him props last year for what he did, but it's more evident that he was playing for a raise because he's been nonexistent since then.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,232
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby BurghThing on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:29 pm

No, it means I know what usually happens when the Pens go to Florida, they spend time on the beach and playing golf, and much more often then not, get swept in the state. With the way they are playing now, do you expect anything different? I sure as hell don't.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,429
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Rylan on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:30 pm

but malka, he had like 5 good games.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,018
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby pens_CT on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:30 pm

BurghThing wrote:Well we know Shero won't do anything until next week. He's off to Florida with his golf clubs just like the rest of the team.

Not sure what move you want him to make? Its not like they have many tradeable assets at the NHL level that could be moved at this point.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,576
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby BurghThing on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 pm

pens_CT wrote:
BurghThing wrote:Well we know Shero won't do anything until next week. He's off to Florida with his golf clubs just like the rest of the team.

Not sure what move you want him to make? Its not like they have many tradeable assets at the NHL level that could be moved at this point.


Well he waived Macintyre, that's a good start.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,429
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Staggy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:35 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
shmenguin wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I am so just incredibly happy that we passed over Jagr for that high priority player in TK.


is that really how you see what happened with jagr, or are you just saying weird things because you're mad?


I see things that Shero had indicated that he wanted TK moreso than Jagr, which is where Jagr's money went. TK is a bum.


i think i have my answer :lol:


I think it's well known that I hate TK. Literally, I gave him props last year for what he did, but it's more evident that he was playing for a raise because he's been nonexistent since then.


Kennedy's sucked this year. No way around it.

Tangradi created a couple opportunities which was nice to see.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,952
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:37 pm

I'm really starting to get annoyed.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,393
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:39 pm

kennedy right now is on par with everyone else. before the losing streak, he had 5 or 6 games where he was one of our best forwards. his assists per game, last time i checked, is only behind malkin, letang and crosby.

he's not socring goals, which isn't good. but you're confusing a global level of suck pervasive throughout the whole team with something that's specific to kennedy.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,843
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:41 pm

shmenguin wrote:kennedy right now is on par with everyone else. before the losing streak, he had 5 or 6 games where he was one of our best forwards. his assists per game, last time i checked, is only behind malkin, letang and crosby.

he's not socring goals, which isn't good. but you're confusing a global level of suck pervasive throughout the whole team with something that's specific to kennedy.


I hate TK. So i will blind rage about it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,232
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:33 pm
Location: Who is Sims?

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
shmenguin wrote:kennedy right now is on par with everyone else. before the losing streak, he had 5 or 6 games where he was one of our best forwards. his assists per game, last time i checked, is only behind malkin, letang and crosby.

he's not socring goals, which isn't good. but you're confusing a global level of suck pervasive throughout the whole team with something that's specific to kennedy.


I hate TK. So i will blind rage about it.


i would have let it slide for you, malk, but someone else chimed in. had to step in before it became a trend.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,843
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Staggy on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:42 pm

shmenguin wrote:kennedy right now is on par with everyone else. before the losing streak, he had 5 or 6 games where he was one of our best forwards. his assists per game, last time i checked, is only behind malkin, letang and crosby.

he's not socring goals, which isn't good. but you're confusing a global level of suck pervasive throughout the whole team with something that's specific to kennedy.


Yeah, the whole team has been bad recently, with maybe a couple exceptions. It's just outside his 5 games point streak, I really haven't noticed TK at all this year. Seems like how he was playing the earlier part of last year too.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,952
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby meecrofilm on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:43 pm

If Tangradi isn't going to play we might as well trade him for a piece or a pick we can actually use. Dude had a solid game tonight but played under 10 minutes. It's clear Bylsma doesn't like him for some reason, so they might as well dump him if he's never going to get a good look, even when he's playing well and most of the team looks like crap, like tonight for instance.

Also, Dupuis and Kennedy combined got more even strength ice time in the 3rd than Geno and Neal did. I don't know what that means, but it's certainly not a positive for Bylsma's handing of the game.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,538
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:09 pm
Location: Filly don't do rebounds.

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 pm

meecrofilm wrote:Also, Dupuis and Kennedy combined got more even strength ice time in the 3rd than Geno and Neal did. I don't know what that means, but it's certainly not a positive for Bylsma's handing of the game.


when i saw craig adams on the ice late in the 3rd, that's where i stopped keeping track of such things.

as for tangradi, i don't really get what they're doing. he's clearly not a liability the way that williams and macintyre were. and they need to collect data on him more than mcdonald. but here he is...a zillion games into our personnel crisis finally seeing ice time. i don't have high hopes for the guy, but i don't get their approach.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,843
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby joker10277 on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:48 pm

Caps are a bad team or they would of scored atleast 4 goals. Pens do the same break out everytime, D to D pass, Dman fires the puck up the boards, forwards chase the puck in, not much of an offensive game plan. Also, I wouldn't pay too much attention to shot totals, the majority of the pens shots are long distance wristers and bad angle shots, your not gonna score on most of those in the NHL. One more thing, lets not congratulate these guys too much for the effort they put out tonight, this isn't a college team, these guys get paid to play hockey!
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,705
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: West Mifflin

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby pens_CT on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:50 pm

meecrofilm wrote:If Tangradi isn't going to play we might as well trade him for a piece or a pick we can actually use. Dude had a solid game tonight but played under 10 minutes. It's clear Bylsma doesn't like him for some reason, so they might as well dump him if he's never going to get a good look, even when he's playing well and most of the team looks like crap, like tonight for instance.

Also, Dupuis and Kennedy combined got more even strength ice time in the 3rd than Geno and Neal did. I don't know what that means, but it's certainly not a positive for Bylsma's handing of the game.

For me Tangradi is just another guy on skates. He has never flashed anything at the NHL level that would indicate he should play more than 4th line minutes.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,576
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby BurghThing on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:00 am

First thing out of Disco's mouth after this game should be a congratulations to the Capitals for playing such a perfect, penalty free game.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,429
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:13 am

BurghThing wrote:First thing out of Disco's mouth after this game should be a congratulations to the Capitals for playing such a perfect, penalty free game.


Maybe this is just me being a homer but i really do think the refs subconsciously have been after the Pens for a long time. Probably me just being crazy though.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,819
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:55 pm
Location: Mt. Lebanon

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby Streaks House on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Bioshock wrote:
BurghThing wrote:First thing out of Disco's mouth after this game should be a congratulations to the Capitals for playing such a perfect, penalty free game.


Maybe this is just me being a homer but i really do think the refs subconsciously have been after the Pens for a long time. Probably me just being crazy though.


Kunitz was abused all night.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,488
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: Ted Carrick's Table

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby jimjom on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:21 am

Can the Pens really still use the injury excuse? Crosby is the best player in the world, he's irreplaceable. Letang is also unreal. Staal has been a beast. But Malkin, Kunitz, Kennedy, Sullivan, and Dupuis have all had 20 goal seasons. Orpik, Michalek, and Martin are veteran top 4 defensemen.

My point is basically that there are lots of teams that have far less talent than the Pens do even with these injuries that are above the Pens in the standings.

At a certain time you have to look for other reasons why the team is losing and you can't dwell on or hang your fate on injuries. You have to solve what "this" is and overcome it. Whether that's changing systems, bringing in new players via trade to compliment your snipers or a coaching change (this isn't going to happen I'm citing it as an example) you have to somehow correct this ailment on your own as a team.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,860
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Presto

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: PENGUINS v. CAPITALS 1/11/12

Postby cojac on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:33 am

Time to change the lines up DB, wake the F up!

Tangradi-Malkin-Kennedy
Sullivan-Jeffrey-Neal
Kunitz-Park-Dupuis
Cooke-Adams-Asham
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,002
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:15 pm
Location: Fire Bylsma!

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BurghThing, lemieuxReturns, murphydump55 and 38 guests


e-mail