AO suspended 3 games - Michalek 0 games

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: AO suspended 3 games - Michalek 0 games

Postby Be1isarius89 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:43 pm

Rule 42 - Charging

42.1 Charging - A minor or major penalty shall be imposed on a player who skates or jumps into, or charges an opponent in any manner.

Charging shall mean the actions of a player who, as a result of distance traveled, shall violently check an opponent in any manner. A “charge” may be the result of a check into the boards, into the goal frame or in open ice.

Ovechkin and the entire Capitals organization needs to brush up on the rule book.
Last edited by Be1isarius89 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be1isarius89
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shmenguin on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:43 pm

so i was thinking...this is the official end of ovechkin being a face of the NHL, right? i agree with puck daddy's assertion that the league isn't even interested in him showing up to the ASG. he's a pouty little baby who isn't even an elite player. he has almost no value to the NHL in North American marketing anymore
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:45 pm

shmenguin wrote:so i was thinking...this is the official end of ovechkin being a face of the NHL, right? i agree with puck daddy's assertion that the league isn't even interested in him showing up to the ASG. he's a pouty little baby who isn't even an elite player. he has almost no value to the NHL in North American marketing anymore

His rockstar do anything I want/can attitude is growing sour, that much is apparent.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Gaucho on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:48 pm

But he didn't jump! He leapt! So it's not against the rules!!!
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby IntangibleBeer on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:55 pm

Firebird wrote:Made this graphic arguing w/ someone on FB:

Mad MS Paint skillz yo

Hey pal, you're going to have to go to crayons for the typical Caps fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mr. Colby on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:58 pm

How will the all-star game survive without the NHL's 54th leading scorer or whatever
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby IntangibleBeer on Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:04 pm

Henry Hank wrote:The Caps problems start at the top. From fat Ted to McPhee down to Ovechkin it's an organization of no accountability. Everything is always some kind of injustice against them, they're owed things, things are just supposed to happen for them. That's why getting rid of Boudreau doesn't really solve anything. He was just one link in a chain of losers.

Contrast that to the Pens. When Cooke got his suspension, the ownership and management accepted it and acknowledged the problem. They put the onus on Cooke to change and he too acknowledged that he had to do things differently, and he has. And the Pens had plenty of reason to be upset with it because it truly was an unfair suspension, at least compared to the league standard, and it very well may have been a large factor in them losing a close seven game series last spring. Ovechkin launches himself off the ice into the head of an opponent and gets a relative slap on the wrist suspension considering his suspension history and the fact that he's been getting away with hits like that his whole career, and they whine about it, while he takes his ball and goes home to sulk instead of playing in an AS game that he was fortunate to even be selected for given the season he's having.

:thumb: You are dead-on. :thumb:

This is why the Caps will never hoist the cup. They keep failing the gut-check.

And I can't believe the Ducks organization canned Carlyle (a cup-winning coach) for Boudreau (a Grade-A ***hole). What a bunch of losers! :scared:
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby drtofu66 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:06 pm

LOL McPhee still complaining about the Campbell suspension. That seemed pretty clear-cut to me that it was a reckless play and for the *GM* to still have any kind of ax to grind about it after a year speaks volumes about his emotional intelligence and how far up the entitled "waaahhh, everyone is against us" mentality pervades the Capitals organization.
drtofu66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby RxBandit66 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Henry Hank wrote:The Caps problems start at the top. From fat Ted to McPhee down to Ovechkin it's an organization of no accountability. Everything is always some kind of injustice against them, they're owed things, things are just supposed to happen for them. That's why getting rid of Boudreau doesn't really solve anything. He was just one link in a chain of losers.

Contrast that to the Pens. When Cooke got his suspension, the ownership and management accepted it and acknowledged the problem. They put the onus on Cooke to change and he too acknowledged that he had to do things differently, and he has. And the Pens had plenty of reason to be upset with it because it truly was an unfair suspension, at least compared to the league standard, and it very well may have been a large factor in them losing a close seven game series last spring. Ovechkin launches himself off the ice into the head of an opponent and gets a relative slap on the wrist suspension considering his suspension history and the fact that he's been getting away with hits like that his whole career, and they whine about it, while he takes his ball and goes home to sulk instead of playing in an AS game that he was fortunate to even be selected for given the season he's having.

Great post.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby NashvilleCat on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
shmenguin wrote:so i was thinking...this is the official end of ovechkin being a face of the NHL, right? i agree with puck daddy's assertion that the league isn't even interested in him showing up to the ASG. he's a pouty little baby who isn't even an elite player. he has almost no value to the NHL in North American marketing anymore

His rockstar do anything I want/can attitude is growing sour, that much is apparent.

Reading his comments on the suspension it seems pretty clear that he hasn't learned anything and is completely unrepentant. He said Z ducked, he said Z didn't get hurt, and said it was a clean hit. This isn't his last rodeo and I hope he gets more than 3 the next time.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby offsides on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm

IntangibleBeer wrote:
This is why the Caps will never hoist the cup. They keep failing the gut-check.

And I can't believe the Ducks organization canned Carlyle (a cup-winning coach) for Boudreau (a Grade-A ***hole). What a bunch of losers! :scared:

I agreee with you and the Ducks are probably going nowhere, but they are 8-1-1 in their last 10. Just sayin.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby duke66 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:02 pm

one of the best i've read. i'm so sick of ovechkin and the capitals. for a team that has done jack during his time in the league, and given their mediocre play this year, just go away please.
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Firebird wrote:Made this graphic arguing w/ someone on FB:

Spoiler:

Mad MS Paint skillz yo

What was the response of the person you were arguing with when he saw the image?
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Mango Salsa on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:02 am

When I read OVY's remarks on opting out of the All Star game I thought to myself that James Harrison must be writing his statements
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:27 am

Didn't Ovechkin already pout like this once and even threatened to go back to Russia? I could swear this occured a couple years back.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guinness on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:02 am

McKenzie just tweeted that he expects Neal to be Ovechkin's replacement at ASG.

Meltdown in D.C. in 3... 2...
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby the wicked child on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 am

Guinness wrote:McKenzie just tweeted that he expects Neal to be Ovechkin's replacement at ASG.

Meltdown in D.C. in 3... 2...

Conspiracy nearly complete. :fist:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Henry Hank on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:11 am

Didn't Ovechkin already pout like this once and even threatened to go back to Russia? I could swear this occured a couple years back.

About the 2014 Olympics. He vowed to play in them whether or not the rest of the league does.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby sil on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:37 am

Henry Hank wrote:

About the 2014 Olympics. He vowed to play in them whether or not the rest of the league does.

And I support him on that particular issue.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:35 am

sil wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:

And I support him on that particular issue.

Yeah that was pretty awesome. Hopefully it doesn't become an issue.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:13 pm

According to one guy on the Official Site's board, the whole suspension is a violation of the CBA, and he has sent e-mails to fat Teddy hoping he would pursue legal remedies.

Another guy said he wouldn't blame Ovie if he left the NHL, and that these repeated suspensions are the reason for his lack of productivity.

It is really funny stuff.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pittsports87 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:17 pm

The Snapshot wrote:According to one guy on the Official Site's board, the whole suspension is a violation of the CBA, and he has sent e-mails to fat Teddy hoping he would pursue legal remedies.

Another guy said he wouldn't blame Ovie if he left the NHL, and that these repeated suspensions are the reason for his lack of productivity.

It is really funny stuff.

Caps fans bring the lulz when something bad happens to them, gotta love it.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:27 pm

He just wants to do more rap videos. Heh
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pittsports87 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:28 pm

SolidSnake wrote:He just wants to do more rap videos. Heh

Hopefully in English this time.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:13 pm

I just read the lyrics he raps in the music video. First of all, I don't think he's a champion unless he wins the Cup. Second, all attention on him? Screw you, Ovie.

He's not even going to the all-star game this year. He has an over-inflated ego and it's affecting his gameplay, as well as, his behavior... like the crying and failing to take responsibility for his actions.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/alex-ovechkin-drops-verse-champion-russian-rapper-sasha-003200706.html

Alumni of Dynamo
8 on the back.
In the All-Star game all attention is on me.

On the NatTeam since 17
Scored 100 points in a season
Gold medal in Canada in '08

Among the ten best players of the decade,
Stick in my hands, Rap in my headphones,
Saying hello from Washington,
Together with Sanya Belyi,
For every champion

[And then a bizarre sound that sounds like the English words "Look out!"]
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner