OFFICIAL GDT: Penguins @ Blues 24/1/2012

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: OFFICIAL GDT: Penguins @ Blues 24/1/2012

Postby Juice on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:04 am

PensFanInDC wrote:Sausage mcgriddle

gtfo
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Orlando Penguin on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 am

71Aj66ax87 wrote:Image

I'm looking forward to your dude with the headphones bopping to the music again tomorrow.
Orlando Penguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DropEmJayBird on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:06 am

canaan wrote:Blues don't work nearly as hard as they embellish. Eff em and their idiot coach

Charlie Conway would never make this team, that's for sure.

Take the fall! Act hurt! Get indignant!
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby letsgoalpens on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am

winger wrote:
letsgoalpens wrote:
nocera wrote:7 straight?

I'm not trying to take credit for the win streak or anything but my son was born on 1/12/12... he has never seen the pens lose. 7-0 since he was born, crazy good juju. Crazy to think that this team could go on this kind of streak after the way the looked in those loses over the weekend to the rangers and devils and the way they played against the sens. Crazy hot streak going into the break.

Awe, keep letting letsgoalpens Jr. watch!! (even if it 's past his bedtime) Does he have a Pens onesie or jersey yet?

He does but they are too big for him now. Truthfully, he mostly sleeps throught the games, haha
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:07 am

Alright, everyone get a drink, relax and hit the showers! We got a week off to breathe finally!

GREAT WIN!!!!!
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby winger on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:13 am

letsgoalpens wrote:
winger wrote:
letsgoalpens wrote:

I'm not trying to take credit for the win streak or anything but my son was born on 1/12/12... he has never seen the pens lose. 7-0 since he was born, crazy good juju. Crazy to think that this team could go on this kind of streak after the way the looked in those loses over the weekend to the rangers and devils and the way they played against the sens. Crazy hot streak going into the break.

Awe, keep letting letsgoalpens Jr. watch!! (even if it 's past his bedtime) Does he have a Pens onesie or jersey yet?

He does but they are too big for him now. Truthfully, he mostly sleeps throught the games, haha

and he wakes up right when you want to go to bed! Have a great night and hope you both have a good week off.
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Streaks House on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

Staggy wrote:I really like Oshie, he's a great player.

And he's American! :fist:
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby letsgoalpens on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

winger wrote:
letsgoalpens wrote:
winger wrote:
letsgoalpens wrote:

and he wakes up right when you want to go to bed! Have a great night and hope you both have a good week off.

that is exactly what happens! Thanks for the well wishes.
letsgoalpens
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 am

Juice wrote:the egg mcmuffin is the egg mcmuffin of egg mcmuffins

Yo dawg.......
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 am

Well, I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so.

That is the absolute most despicable assemblage of Hockey Players anywhere in the league. The entire team spends the night holding and interfering all over the ice. They re-use Hitchcock's philosophy that the refs can't call them all. They dive when they are touched. They NEVER allow a player to come within a stick's length of them without making some kind of contact - puck or no puck.

Their ENTIRE system is illegal, yet the league still allows Hitchcock to stick with the only hockey he knows. He did it in Columbus, he did it in Dallas, he did it in Philly and now in St. Louis. It is an absolute blight on the league.

They are a HUGE team and they use every inch of their length to slow the play.

The Pens played an incredibly stupid game tonight, constantly turning pucks over at the Blues' blueline for quick transitions. The Blues are the Devils of old. I don't blame them so much though, because this team is frustrating to play against and they only see them once or twice a year. Their is no team in the East playing this style of Hockey right now.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:23 am

Snap was right. That was atrocious. They played dirty and they faked a lot. You know, I'd be embarrassed to be a player like this. There should be some honor involved.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mr. Colby on Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:49 am

Sarcastic wrote:Snap was right. That was atrocious. They played dirty and they faked a lot. You know, I'd be embarrassed to be a player like this. There should be some honor involved.

I thought they were a really tough team to play against. Tough to knock them off the puck. They took a ton of hits to make plays and moved the puck quick and with authority. Rooting for them in the west.
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby penny lane on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:24 am

"I get a lot of wood on it, (then) he's just go-go-Gadget leg all the way to that post," Backes said of his scoring chance. "

:D :P

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/2012/01/25/2030639/b ... rylink=cpy
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:52 am

5th place in the East, without Crosby and Staal.
I'll take it.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby darkstar57 on Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:20 am

The Snapshot wrote:Well, I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so.

That is the absolute most despicable assemblage of Hockey Players anywhere in the league. The entire team spends the night holding and interfering all over the ice. They re-use Hitchcock's philosophy that the refs can't call them all. They dive when they are touched. They NEVER allow a player to come within a stick's length of them without making some kind of contact - puck or no puck.

Their ENTIRE system is illegal, yet the league still allows Hitchcock to stick with the only hockey he knows. He did it in Columbus, he did it in Dallas, he did it in Philly and now in St. Louis. It is an absolute blight on the league.

The Pens played an incredibly stupid game tonight, constantly turning pucks over at the Blues' blueline for quick transitions. The Blues are the Devils of old. I don't blame them so much though, because this team is frustrating to play against and they only see them once or twice a year. Their is no team in the East playing this style of Hockey right now.

It also why he has been with columbus and dallas and philly, he can't win with this system in the new NHL. the better teams in the west like Detriot and Chicago will go right through them
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby mariojr on Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:12 am

darkstar57 wrote:
The Snapshot wrote:Well, I don't want to say I told you so, but I told you so.

It also why he has been with columbus and dallas and philly, he can't win with this system in the new NHL. the better teams in the west like Detriot and Chicago will go right through them

QFT. What both of you said.

That's why I said they have no talent. Their only talents, other than goaltending and shot blocking, are interference (without getting called), diving (again without getting called), and whining to the officials. Their offensive ability (other than BEING OFFENSIVE) is marginal at best. They're worse than the Devils of the 90's, except that those Devils invented that style. Fortunately, we won't meet them in the finals if we get that far.
mariojr
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Doogs on Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:59 am

"And you can quote me on the quote unquote." -D.Cook
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby The Snapshot on Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:31 pm

Mr. Colby wrote:Rooting for them in the west.

My goodness, I would not want to watch that style amped up in the Finals. That would be WWE stuff.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins