Emergency GDT Pens @ Devils 2/5/12 1PM

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Emergency GDT Pens @ Devils 2/5/12 1PM

Postby MRandall25 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:37 pm

RxBandit66 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
BurghThing wrote:I love Grover, but complaining that the only scoring line we have needs to play defense too is just a little ridiculous. Yes, you 3 get to carry the team offensively, and since no one else knows how to play defense, you get to do that too.

I understand everyone has defensive responsibilities on the ice, but to single them out, is over the top imho.

All 3 (Malkin, Neal, Kunitz) were -4.

Take that for what you will.

Kunitz has been quietly terrible since the break. Now, we all know that him and Dupuis were not going to play at the level they were at earlier in the season. But man, when Kennedy, Kunitz, and Duper go into goal scoring slumps, they are loooooooooooong ones.

I feel like it might be a Crosby thing for Kunitz and Dupuis, but I'd need to see some stats before I really made a decision either way.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby malkinshair on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:50 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
BurghThing wrote:I love Grover, but complaining that the only scoring line we have needs to play defense too is just a little ridiculous. Yes, you 3 get to carry the team offensively, and since no one else knows how to play defense, you get to do that too.

I understand everyone has defensive responsibilities on the ice, but to single them out, is over the top imho.

All 3 (Malkin, Neal, Kunitz) were -4.

Take that for what you will.

I blame HCDB for that...

I know it's harder to match lines on the road, but the Pens would've been better served to get the Malkin line away from the Kovy line.
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby farnham16 on Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:23 am

Malkin's line has cooled off since the break. It was bound to happen sometime. We don't need to be concerned though, they'll heat back up soon enough.
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins