Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:23 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Losing the lottery to "settle" for Malkin was the 2nd best thing to ever happen to this franchise.


Im sure we all remember when Malkin was this teams savior before Crosby was even a thought. I also remember when this board and others talked about the hope to get "Ovenchicken" lol you can never be too sure about anything.


Back then everyone just said "AO" because nobody knew how to spell his name.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,935
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby Doogs on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 pm

Am I the only one here hoping someone DESTROYS Vinnie Suckerpunch before games end?
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,943
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby npv708 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 pm

I was like "that's definitely a high stick," but then I realized it was St. Louis, and wasn't really that "high."
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,866
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 pm

npv deleted his post - much disgrace.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,935
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Staal power move - drink.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,935
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby 71Aj66ax87 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Doogs wrote:Am I the only one here hoping someone DESTROYS Vinnie Suckerpunch before games end?


Just want the win and the two points.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,363
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:56 am
Location: A parallel universe called New Pittsburgh

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:26 pm

I'll have to make a new martini though - this one is out.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,935
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby Doogs on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:27 pm

DropEmJayBird wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Losing the lottery to "settle" for Malkin was the 2nd best thing to ever happen to this franchise.


Im sure we all remember when Malkin was this teams savior before Crosby was even a thought. I also remember when this board and others talked about the hope to get "Ovenchicken" lol you can never be too sure about anything.


Back then everyone just said "AO" because nobody knew how to spell his name.


My friend said the day the Pens "LOST" that lottery, that "if it meant we get this kid named Crosby, it is well worth it."
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,943
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby pens#1 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm

4-3 Wings
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,885
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:05 pm
Location: allentown

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby columbia on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Martin didn't look happy on the bench.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 49,400
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:13 pm
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby Doogs on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:30 pm

columbia wrote:Martin didn't look happy on the bench.


Neither did Duper when he looked up and saw it was Adams streaking downthe middle. :face:
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,943
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby Gaucho on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm

columbia wrote:Martin didn't look happy on the bench.


That's because taxes = theft.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,810
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Ignoranti

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby DudeMan2766 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Doogs wrote:
DropEmJayBird wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Losing the lottery to "settle" for Malkin was the 2nd best thing to ever happen to this franchise.


Im sure we all remember when Malkin was this teams savior before Crosby was even a thought. I also remember when this board and others talked about the hope to get "Ovenchicken" lol you can never be too sure about anything.


Back then everyone just said "AO" because nobody knew how to spell his name.


My friend said the day the Pens "LOST" that lottery, that "if it meant we get this kid named Crosby, it is well worth it."


I honestly knew more about malkin going into that draft than Crosby. I was just happy to get eitehr AO or Geno. My God is hinesight ever 20/20
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,425
Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm
Location: I NEED A MONTAGE

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:32 pm

After the rough start, BJ has played a rock solid game. Clutch when he's had to be
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 58,824
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby offsides on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:33 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:After the rough start, BJ has played a rock solid game. Clutch when he's had to be


Yes he has. Gotta give him credit for that.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 10,554
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:48 pm
Location: Man Cave in Washington, PA

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby NashvilleCat on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:33 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:After the rough start, BJ has played a rock solid game. Clutch when he's had to be

Him turning his game around would not be a bad thing.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,305
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 7:18 pm
Location: 4.5 hours south of Josh Harrison's hometown.

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby Doogs on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:33 pm

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Doogs wrote:
DropEmJayBird wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
DelPen wrote:Losing the lottery to "settle" for Malkin was the 2nd best thing to ever happen to this franchise.


Im sure we all remember when Malkin was this teams savior before Crosby was even a thought. I also remember when this board and others talked about the hope to get "Ovenchicken" lol you can never be too sure about anything.


Back then everyone just said "AO" because nobody knew how to spell his name.


My friend said the day the Pens "LOST" that lottery, that "if it meant we get this kid named Crosby, it is well worth it."


I honestly knew more about malkin going into that draft than Crosby. I was just happy to get eitehr AO or Geno. My God is hinesight ever 20/20


Watched Geno in the Olympics that year a thought he reminded me of Mario in the way he swooped in on the ice.
Doogs
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,943
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:29 pm
Location: Wexford

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:34 pm

NashvilleCat wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:After the rough start, BJ has played a rock solid game. Clutch when he's had to be

Him turning his game around would not be a bad thing.


We want that guy that wouldnt take the test.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,935
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby pressure=9Pa on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:34 pm

2 more minutes. Let's hope for little to no excitement.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby Gaucho on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

lol
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 42,810
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:22 am
Location: Ignoranti

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Malkin sucks.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,935
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby pressure=9Pa on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

AHHHHH
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,078
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby npv708 on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:36 pm

He's so mad at himself.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,866
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby DropEmJayBird on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:37 pm

66 buries that, just sayin.
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,935
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Re: Official GDT - Penguins vs. Lightning 2/12/1012

Postby profpolisci on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:37 pm

83
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 9,467
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:21 am

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: America and 20 guests


e-mail