Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby npv708 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

pens2005 wrote:
npv708 wrote:Selanne used to be so good.


fixed


80pts last year and 50 pts so far this year and he's not good anymore?

LOLQUE?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby cbuspensfan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:07 pm

profpolisci wrote:
Gaucho wrote:WTF Matt

Not Nisky's fault IMO, he had his man. Neal failed to pick up Teemu.


yes it was, he was soft with the puck and turned it over at the blueline
cbuspensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 715
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby The U on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Pens dominated first 20 mins, ANA dominating the game ever since. They deserve to be up.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,515
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:34 pm

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby Hawkeynut on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Please save us...
Image

Russian Jesus.....
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,898
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:52 am
Location: Page 554 of the new CBA

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby JS© on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Fun fact about Jonas Hiller: only goalie in the NHL using KOHO equipment.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 20,563
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:52 am
Location: hooray for me

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby pens2005 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 pm

sharpshootr55 wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
sharpshootr55 wrote:Saw that coming from a mile away...


what? you saw us dominating for 5 minutes straight and then selanne scoring a bs goal the other way?

That kinda crap almost NEVER happens.


And that goal is a beautiful example of why you shouldn't screw around near the blue line.


They were cycling the puck amazingly for 3 minutes. They actually can't teach it much better than the way the Pens played that shift. There was just a lucky break the other way.

You're totally wrong in saying we were "bs'ing". It's called generating tremendous zone time with cycling down low.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,284
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 pm

pens2005 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Letang shouldn't be toying with the puck like he did.


Christ, that shift was absolutely phenomenal. It was a lucky break the other way.

That was just a bad luck break for us. Nothing we could have done about that. We were doing everything right for about 3 mintues.


Yeah it was a great shift until Letang tried to do too much. Malkin is tapping his stick on the ice and Letang tries to do a power move past a guy.

He is doing too much Dupuis just took a slap shot from the circle and Letang blocked it for god sake.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 pm

Let's Go Pens!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,374
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby The U on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 pm

This game u can really see why we could use an upgrade to the bottom 6. The 3rd/4th line brings nothing offensively or 5-on-5.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,515
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:34 pm

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby npv708 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 pm

JS© wrote:Fun fact about Jonas Hiller: only goalie in the NHL using KOHO equipment.


Fun fact about Jonas Hiller. One of 90 NHL backup goaltenders to have the name Jonas.

/True Story.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:09 pm

JS© wrote:Fun fact about Jonas Hiller: only goalie in the NHL using KOHO equipment.


Not Giguere?

Coulda sworn Giggy used it (maybe a few years agi)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,438
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby pens2005 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 pm

npv708 wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
npv708 wrote:Selanne used to be so good.


fixed


80pts last year and 50 pts so far this year and he's not good anymore?

LOLQUE?


when you say so good to me that means elite. He isn't elite anymore despite what you may think.

He's the best goal scorer I've ever seen play and is still a good player, but he isn't elite.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,284
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 pm

npv708 wrote:
JS© wrote:Fun fact about Jonas Hiller: only goalie in the NHL using KOHO equipment.


Fun fact about Jonas Hiller. One of 90 NHL backup goaltenders to have the name Jonas.

/True Story.


He's a starter.... ?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,438
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby canaan on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Let's Go Pens!
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 38,954
Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 11:13 am
Location: Fritos. On. My. Sub.

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 pm

sharpshootr55 wrote:
And that goal is a beautiful example of why you shouldn't screw around near the blue line.


This.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby Staggy on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:10 pm

Jesus, Steigy, just call the game
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,951
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby pens2005 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 pm

The U wrote:This game u can really see why we could use an upgrade to the bottom 6. The 3rd/4th line brings nothing offensively or 5-on-5.


agreed.

A healthy Sidney Crosby wouldn't hurt, either.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,284
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:54 pm

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby pens#1 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Orpik just passed up two hits
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,885
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: allentown

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby npv708 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:11 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
npv708 wrote:
JS© wrote:Fun fact about Jonas Hiller: only goalie in the NHL using KOHO equipment.


Fun fact about Jonas Hiller. One of 90 NHL backup goaltenders to have the name Jonas.

/True Story.


He's a starter.... ?


It was all lies.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby sharpshootr55 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:14 pm

pens2005 wrote:
sharpshootr55 wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
sharpshootr55 wrote:Saw that coming from a mile away...


what? you saw us dominating for 5 minutes straight and then selanne scoring a bs goal the other way?

That kinda crap almost NEVER happens.


And that goal is a beautiful example of why you shouldn't screw around near the blue line.


They were cycling the puck amazingly for 3 minutes. They actually can't teach it much better than the way the Pens played that shift. There was just a lucky break the other way.

You're totally wrong in saying we were "bs'ing". It's called generating tremendous zone time with cycling down low.


Yes they cycled low for 3 minutes, that's awesome. Then they screwed with the puck at the blue line and it went the other way because they didn't get the puck down low again, and were scored on immediately after.

Hell mites are taught not to fool around near the blue line, that is a textbook example of what can happen.
sharpshootr55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,005
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby RPKJr429 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:15 pm

jebus
RPKJr429
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:41 pm
Location: Mark Madden's Salad

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:15 pm

WHAT A PLAY BY LETANG!
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 57,069
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby npv708 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm

So freaking close.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,746
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:11 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm

Fleury looks sharp.
thehockeyguru
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,277
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Penguins v Ducks GDT 2/15/12

Postby RentedMule66 on Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:16 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Letang shouldn't be toying with the puck like he did.


Christ, that shift was absolutely phenomenal. It was a lucky break the other way.

That was just a bad luck break for us. Nothing we could have done about that. We were doing everything right for about 3 mintues.


Yeah it was a great shift until Letang tried to do too much. Malkin is tapping his stick on the ice and Letang tries to do a power move past a guy.

He is doing too much Dupuis just took a slap shot from the circle and Letang blocked it for god sake.


Selanne was a mile offside...can't believe it wasnt called
RentedMule66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,880
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:22 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GSdrums87, Hugo Stiglitz, Humperdink, Old Used Pylon, Realist, zman102666 and 23 guests


e-mail