GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:15 pm

I want Sullivan back on the first pp.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,137
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:56 pm
Location: Eating muffins with Derpy

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby NashvilleCat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Hartnell nose-to-nose with Asham. Nothing to say. Two refs in between and he's Mr. Chatterbox.
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,498
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Sunny Brentwood, Tennessee

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby guiner on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm sure the Kennedy haters noticed the 3-4 really slick blueline holding/quarterbacking distribution plays kennedy made on the PP at the end of that period.

/SARCASM!!!!
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,048
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:07 am
Location: Cobb Mountain, CA

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby IMFC on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:18 pm

TK looking sharp there.

Staal looks slowwww. Have some coffe or something.
IMFC
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:18 pm

1st period intermission entertainment
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,718
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:31 pm
Location: Behind Enemy Lines

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby shmenguin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:19 pm

guiner wrote:I'm sure the Kennedy haters noticed the 3-4 really slick blueline holding/quarterbacking distribution plays kennedy made on the PP at the end of that period.

/SARCASM!!!!


He didn't pass to Sid. He sucks
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,270
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby BurghThing on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:20 pm

Love seeing all those Penguins signs on the walls of that dump. This team really works hard to make the boys feel at home no matter where they are.
BurghThing
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,380
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:22 pm
Location: All You Can Eat Crow Tavern

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby NashvilleCat on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm

"What's the best part of being back playing."

Um, being back playing?
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,498
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 8:18 pm
Location: Sunny Brentwood, Tennessee

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby shafnutz05 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm

You're right, because people that don't like TK's play most of the time can't recognize when he does something right.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 55,499
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:10 pm
Location: Amish Country

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby guiner on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:21 pm

shmenguin wrote:
guiner wrote:I'm sure the Kennedy haters noticed the 3-4 really slick blueline holding/quarterbacking distribution plays kennedy made on the PP at the end of that period.

/SARCASM!!!!


He didn't pass to Sid. He sucks


Yeah, 4 points in 2 games. I'm sure Cooke has noticed Kennedy.
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,048
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:07 am
Location: Cobb Mountain, CA

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby guiner on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:24 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:You're right, because people that don't like TK's play most of the time can't recognize when he does something right.


No, because people who don't like TK's play apparently have to have something not like.
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,048
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:07 am
Location: Cobb Mountain, CA

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby Geezer on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:24 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:You're right, because people that don't like TK's play most of the time can't recognize when he does something right.

Those people are almost a silly as those that look all game for something to praise him about. He's an okay player that hopefully they can replace next year. The other 5 top 6 wingers are much more valuable than he is.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,365
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 am

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby shmenguin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:25 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:You're right, because people that don't like TK's play most of the time can't recognize when he does something right.


He's still being needlessly picked apart for small things. A little brush back from the pro TK camp is warranted.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,270
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:26 pm

Geezer wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:You're right, because people that don't like TK's play most of the time can't recognize when he does something right.

Those people are almost a silly as those that look all game for something to praise him about. He's an okay player that hopefully they can replace next year. The other 5 top 6 wingers are much more valuable than he is.



They signed him for 2 years, no?
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,696
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: refs fault

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby Geezer on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
Geezer wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:You're right, because people that don't like TK's play most of the time can't recognize when he does something right.

Those people are almost a silly as those that look all game for something to praise him about. He's an okay player that hopefully they can replace next year. The other 5 top 6 wingers are much more valuable than he is.



They signed him for 2 years, no?

Yes.I'm hoping they trade him.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,365
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:24 am

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby shmenguin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:31 pm

The guy laying under the ice ...I dont like his face
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,270
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby guiner on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Geezer wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:
Geezer wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:You're right, because people that don't like TK's play most of the time can't recognize when he does something right.

Those people are almost a silly as those that look all game for something to praise him about. He's an okay player that hopefully they can replace next year. The other 5 top 6 wingers are much more valuable than he is.



They signed him for 2 years, no?

Yes.I'm hoping they trade him.


Well, thankfully they won't. He fits HCDB system perfectly and will likely return to being a 20 goal guy once he's not having an injury influenced season.
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,048
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:07 am
Location: Cobb Mountain, CA

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby guiner on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 pm

shmenguin wrote:The guy laying under the ice ...I dont like his face


Shoot it! :face:
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,048
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:07 am
Location: Cobb Mountain, CA

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby tfrizz on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 pm

guiner wrote:
Geezer wrote:
Fire0nice228 wrote:
Geezer wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:You're right, because people that don't like TK's play most of the time can't recognize when he does something right.

Those people are almost a silly as those that look all game for something to praise him about. He's an okay player that hopefully they can replace next year. The other 5 top 6 wingers are much more valuable than he is.



They signed him for 2 years, no?

Yes.I'm hoping they trade him.


Well, thankfully they won't. He fits HCDB system perfectly and will likely return to being a 20 goal guy once he's not having an injury influenced season.


26 points in 48 games this season, so he's still on a 44-point pace over 82 games.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,107
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby PghSkins on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:1st period intermission entertainment


Couple observations:

- Lupul, Carter, Richards, Gagne... nice
- Fleury's english has really improved over the past few years
- Bite me, Flyer fans
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 15,215
Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:36 pm
Location: Beaver

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby Staggy on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:32 pm

I wonder what the odds are for a Flyer's PP in the first 5 minutes. I'll say -150
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,804
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:33 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby itissteeltime on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:33 pm

argggg almost had one neal
itissteeltime
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,295
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:53 pm
Location: Raven/Capital Land

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby shmenguin on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Martin is good these days
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,270
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby penny lane on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:35 pm

guiner wrote:
shmenguin wrote:The guy laying under the ice ...I dont like his face


Shoot it! :face:


I think of the Omen, part II. :shock:
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 28,479
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Summer sunshine heals!

Re: GDT: cryers v. PENGUINS (3/18/2012)

Postby guiner on Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:35 pm

tfrizz wrote:]26 points in 48 games this season, so he's still on a 44-point pace over 82 games.


His goals are down, assists are way up. Crazy how quickly people forget how big his game was for us when both Crosby and Malkin were out last year. There was a stretch where he carried a big part of the offense for the team when it was needed.
guiner
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,048
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:07 am
Location: Cobb Mountain, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RisslingsMissingTeeth and 22 guests

e-mail