Fleabag Tortorella

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fleabag Tortorella

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:31 am

Nice. That's pretty funny
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jwest21 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:39 am

Arlow wrote:From Benstonium:

pure gold
jwest21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Steve on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:43 am

Sid can get dirty at times, no doubt about it.

But I don't think he's ever going to try to injure anyone - and I don't think he's ever going to win the Lady Byng award. I'm happy with both of those assumptions...

Torts was just whining - probably just gamesmanship I guess.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:11 pm

I think hockey is sliding right into the football trash-talking, bounty hunting culture. I don't like it.
Because, laviolette , babcock , a few other coaches , they do get the benefit from the refs.

I know Torterella looked preoccupied and ticked from the start of the game. Maybe Hank's injury is
more serious. I still like him better than laviolette.

IF the rules were called all the time, all the time; 75% of this crap would stop.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby NashvilleCat on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:46 pm

Arlow wrote:From Benstonium:

"Now there's some sad things known to man but ain't too much sadder than the tears of a clown."
NashvilleCat
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby no name on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:02 pm

When you "cry wolf" as much as Torts does, it kinda just falls by the way side rather fast.

But come on Brooks a dirty player, hard and physical yes, but dirty no way. As far as the hit goes Brooks had his stance set then stephan seen him comming for him and tried to move out the way. Brooks pretty much maintained his forward direction. until contact was made.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tifosi77 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:55 pm

shoeshine boy wrote:oh and the only things NYC has that I want are Gray's Papaya and Peter Luger's.

I've been to NYC twice in my life; hated it.

The only reason I'd go back is it just happens to be the culinary epicenter of the U.S. with dozens of fantastic world-class restaurants.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:56 pm

shmenguin wrote:yeah...not the same thing. look at where their knees are in relation to their bodies. it's a significant difference.

ImageImage

I don't want to sound like a homer, but I have to agree. Ovechkin stuck his knee out. I still say it looked to me like Orpik was trying to get him with the shoulder (even in that photo it looks like he is getting ready for the hit), but this leg was already in place and both guys just ran into each other. Orpik is one of the cleanest players in the league, btw, so I don't know what Biron was yappin' about.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Eismann on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:06 pm

LOL! TOTAL BARF RAGE
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm surprised Tortorella managed to keep a straight face during that interview.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:18 pm

crosby and cooke with some fun words about last night. don't know how to link it, but it's on pens tv
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby knives of ice on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:25 pm

penny lane wrote:I think hockey is sliding right into the football trash-talking, bounty hunting culture. I don't like it.
Because, laviolette , babcock , a few other coaches , they do get the benefit from the refs.

I know Torterella looked preoccupied and ticked from the start of the game. Maybe Hank's injury is
more serious. I still like him better than laviolette.

IF the rules were called all the time, all the time; 75% of this crap would stop.

if you don't like it now i bet its at code red by the end of next week
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:31 pm

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:38 pm

I listened to XM this morning for about 15 minutes, and then again just a while ago for another 15-20 minutes. I was in the car both times.

The wolves are at the door for goodness sake. There was an Isles fan calling in saying they were vindicated for all of the heat their organization took for the brawl last year. He claims that the Pens are the dirtiest team in the league and that the Isles were just standing up for themselves. He was pointing to the knockout of Dipietro and Fluery laughing on the bench.

There were Ranger and Philly fans as well. They all spoke from the same brochure - "whiney", "dirty", "divers", etc. They mentioned how dirty Cooke is and that we are hypocrites. Never mentioned the fact that we never whine about anything except standing behind the league's focus on headshots. Also never mentioned that Cooke has changed his ways as a result in part of a "talk" with Shero.

They all talked in the same terms about the "golden child", a Red Wing fan talked about how dirty they are and that the 2009 Cup win was rigged through questionable calls that all went the Pens way to get "Crosby a Cup because maybe they knew he had concussion issues in Junior (which I don't believe he did) and wouldn't have a long career". The Red Wing fan never mentioned Kronwall.

It is amazing how a team that has only won one Cup has inspired so much petty jealousy and outrage.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby The U on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:50 pm

hockey fans cry/complain more than any other sports fans. Not sure why that is.

NFL fans complain about their own teams and talk smack to other teams/fanbases. Same with baseball, basketball, etc...Only in hockey are people so focused on other fanbases and franchises and bash them for everything they can possibly think of. It might come from the organizations themselves, maybe the coaches complaining about calls, guys like Milbury fueling the fire. Not sure what it is but hockey fans come off as such complainers.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Shakes on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:05 pm

shmenguin wrote:crosby and cooke with some fun words about last night. don't know how to link it, but it's on pens tv

Great stuff.

Cooke: http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=829

Sid: http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=829

I'm glad to see SidBot hit the honesty mechanism lately and concede that he was kind of a brat when he was a teenager. A lot of it was probably habit from always playing against older guys. But it was bad, and he's changed a lot. Nothing wrong with admitting it and telling Torts to STFU.
Shakes
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby BigMcK on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:08 pm

penny lane wrote: I know Torterella looked preoccupied and ticked from the start of the game.

Maybe knitting lady got a knitting needle too close to his postérieur for his personal comfort??? Either that or maybe he saw that she was knitting a Rangers = Whiners bed cover?
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:27 pm

Shakes wrote:
shmenguin wrote:crosby and cooke with some fun words about last night. don't know how to link it, but it's on pens tv

Great stuff.

Cooke: http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=829

Sid: http://video.penguins.nhl.com/videocenter/console?catid=829

I'm glad to see SidBot hit the honesty mechanism lately and concede that he was kind of a brat when he was a teenager. A lot of it was probably habit from always playing against older guys. But it was bad, and he's changed a lot. Nothing wrong with admitting it and telling Torts to STFU.

Dan Bylsma is all class in his video.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:27 pm

I got wrapped up in work, and missed Sid's interview with Madden. Can anyone fill me in on what was discussed?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby bh on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Sarcastic wrote:
I'm rolling. That is great!!! HAHAHA! :thumb:
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:35 pm

Cooke explains Orpik's hit in Shake's video above. Worth listening to.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Sid seems to have changed a little, but in a good way. He obviously is fed up with being the face of the NHL and at the same time being expected to take all sorts of sh*t and never complain about it. He's just missed a year of hockey, he doesn't need this crap.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:01 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Dan Bylsma is all class in his video.

I'm starting to think that stupid people mistake intelligence for arrogance. I can't say for sure, since I am both intelligent and arrogant, but I'm guessing it can be pretty intimidating and infuriating to be dumb in the face of intelligence.

Confidence and arrogance are only slightly separated, and I think the line fluctuates based on all of the extenuating circumstances influencing each person's view.

The intelligence and class of Shero, Bylsma and Lemiuex, coupled with the talent, intelligence and class of Crosby and Malkin must be incredibly intimidating to dimwits.
Last edited by The Snapshot on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Gaucho on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Class only looks like arrogance from below.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Gaucho wrote:Class only looks like arrogance from below.

So dwarves think everyone is arrogant?
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins