Fleabag Tortorella

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fleabag Tortorella

Postby neophool on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:19 am

hf boards is currently a complete pens hate fest. you've got eveyrone from philly fans to blue jackets fans posting in the "Tortorella gets fined" whine-fest thread on the Rangers forum seriously talking about how they love and respect each others teams, and will "don their jersey just so the pens will loose" and they all really believe that the NHL is in Mario's back pocket.

The stupidity is infuriating. I expect this level of idiocy from youtube comments, not one of the biggest hockey forums on the internet.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:32 am

Durbano wrote:
penny lane wrote:was totorella one of the USA olympic 2010 coaches ?

Yes, and he and Orpik did indeed speak the other night

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_790408.html

Orpik said he and Tortorella spoke Friday night.

"I've been coached by Torts before," Orpik said, referring to the 2010 U.S. Olympic squad. "I know how Torts is. I know he's really emotional about the game. He sticks up for his players. I admire that about him. He's really passionate. ... Maybe his reaction the next day would have been different."

I think that sums it up pretty well. Tortorella is like me when I was dealing with the effects of an overactive thyroid. I'd sometimes impulsively say things.. things I normally wouldn't say. Only in the last year, year and a half, I've felt calmer and more in control. Maybe he should get his thyroid checked. :shock:
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:35 am

neophool wrote:hf boards is currently a complete pens hate fest. you've got eveyrone from philly fans to blue jackets fans posting in the "Tortorella gets fined" whine-fest thread on the Rangers forum seriously talking about how they love and respect each others teams, and will "don their jersey just so the pens will loose" and they all really believe that the NHL is in Mario's back pocket.

The stupidity is infuriating. I expect this level of idiocy from youtube comments, not one of the biggest hockey forums on the internet.

I'm not from Pittsburgh, but I really have come to appreciate the level-headedness (sp?) of many Penguin fans here or even on hfboards. It is fans of some other teams that sound so psychotic in comparison. Maybe it is brought on by the class of our organization. I have no idea.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins