Fleabag Tortorella

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Fleabag Tortorella

Postby Malkamaniac on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:38 am

TheGhostofGoulet wrote:Hey Torts?

Spoiler:

Best U Mad gif I've ever seen.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:42 am

Michael Irvin's expression at the end makes me want to laugh and punch him in the face at the same time.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:52 am

sil wrote:
André wrote:I definitely think Orpik's leg is angeled funny. Reaction move turning in that direction perhaps but the result is getting Stepans leg with his knee.

I find it hard defending it while bashing Ovy for his hit on Gonchar. Orpik's is not as blatant but it's the same type of move and situation.

I 100% agree Andre.

That's fair. Could you please find out how long the suspension was for ovechkin and clip showing how enraged our coach was over the hit?

I'll wait.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:00 am

yeah...not the same thing. look at where their knees are in relation to their bodies. it's a significant difference.

ImageImage
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shoeshine boy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:00 am

lol! just heard Biron's big words from the post-game. "I saw it all the way (BS) and I gave thought to going down there and taking care of it" yeah, right Marty, whatever!
"that guy's known for those types of hits, sticking his knee out" wtf are you talking about?????
I guess Biron was just trying to enjoy his last chance of anybody in the media actually wanting to talk to him about anything other than how King Henrik takes his Timeout beverages. :pop:
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:03 am

I'm never one of those people who watches the explosions when the pens lose, but when someone say something negative about the Pens, its extremely entertaining.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:05 am

shmenguin wrote:yeah...not the same thing. look at where their knees are in relation to their bodies. it's a significant difference.

ImageImage

I didnt think Orpiks hit was as awful as people think (I am biased) but those pics make his hit look a lot more intentional than ovies.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:08 am

After a pens win, the opposing coach throws a childish tantrum and makes absurd comments in no way grounded in reality.

After a pens loss, the pens fans....

Not gonna spoon feed you the punchline.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:09 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:I didnt think Orpiks hit was as awful as people think (I am biased) but those pics make his hit look a lot more intentional than ovies.

huh?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby count2infinity on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 am

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:
shmenguin wrote:yeah...not the same thing. look at where their knees are in relation to their bodies. it's a significant difference.

ImageImage

I didnt think Orpiks hit was as awful as people think (I am biased) but those pics make his hit look a lot more intentional than ovies.

??? opriks skate is clearly under his body in a normal skating fashion, Ovies has his sticking out. I don't see what you're saying.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Postby Streaks House on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 am

@cotsonika: A lot to like about Torts. But am I the only one (outside of Pittsburgh) who thought he sounded arrogant and whiny talking about Pens?
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby newarenanow on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:12 am

Froggy wrote:After a pens win, the opposing coach throws a childish tantrum and makes absurd comments in no way grounded in reality.

I think Froggy is a cheap shot artist and is the most arrogant poster on the board. :pop: :lol:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:13 am

Streaks House wrote:
@cotsonika: A lot to like about Torts. But am I the only one (outside of Pittsburgh) who thought he sounded arrogant and whiny talking about Pens?

who's that?
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:15 am

newarenanow wrote:
Froggy wrote:After a pens win, the opposing coach throws a childish tantrum and makes absurd comments in no way grounded in reality.

I think Froggy is a cheap shot artist and is the most arrogant poster on the board. :pop: :lol:

Keep crying, fleabag NAN...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby newarenanow on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:18 am

Froggy wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Keep crying, fleabag NAN...

:fist:
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Guinness on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:19 am

Just watched the replay again. It wasn't a good hit, and anyone can think whatever they want, but I don't think Orpik was looking to hurt Stepan - he was lined up for a straight up hit, Stepan redirected his course, and I think Orpik reflexively to make contact. But whatever - he was penalized more than enough, with the 5 and the game.

That being said, I cannot believe that Tortorella has won a Stanley Cup - that guy is just an embarrassment, the way he can't control his emotions. I mean, yeah, it happens that a person loses it, but this guy just seems seething with rage... it's just surprising to me that he has the composure to coach a team to 16 wins in the post-season.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:26 am

tortorella has always been a lunatic, but he usually keeps his thoughts linked to reality. it's not like boudreau or murray who have just been idiots. tortorella's been really emphatic, but not stupid. last night was the first time i've ever seen him be totally and completely baseless.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:39 am

ImageImage

It was a bad hit, but it wasn't knee on knee (I thought I saw Stepan say "I'm ok" on the bench?) and it didn't look like he moved the knee out to hit a guy that was trying to avoid contact. Again, doesn't make it ok, but I understand the major vs. minor distinction to be based on both injury and intent. Neither seemed to be severe, but you know how Refs needs to manage the media image. :fist: :face: :scared: :pop: :roll: 8-) :lol:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:40 am

count2infinity wrote:

ImageImage

??? opriks skate is clearly under his body in a normal skating fashion, Ovies has his sticking out. I don't see what you're saying.

I was being sarcastic for both fan bases. Although Ovies is obviously a bad hit, I dont think the pic clearly puts Orpiks kness in a "skating fashion". It wasnt a good hit.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby MKRA on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:00 am

FYI,

I emailed Larry Brooks this morning. My email and his reply are below.

My email:

“Byslma compared the hit with the one delivered by the Stars’ Eric Nystrom on his own Kris Letang in Dallas on Feb. 29, though there seem to be no similarities between the plays.” I agree, Mr. Brooks. These were very dissimilar hits. Here’s a much better comparison. Almost identical, in fact: Rupp on Jordan Staal in January. I wonder how Torts would distinguish the two hits. And I wonder how he would distinguish the whining that comes from him each and every game from the whining from Pittsburgh? (No coach in the league, from my perspective, whines as much as he does.)

His reply:

Sorry, but I don't believe Rupp's clumsy, accidental collision with Staal is worth discussing.
Thanks for the note.
LB
MKRA
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ILikeTurtles on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:01 am

ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:02 am

brooks and tortorella hate each other. i'm sure he agrees that torts is a moron
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:07 am

I really don't care about the hypocrisy of the rupp on staal hit. To me, the 2 really confusing issues remain:

1) Orpik was given the harshest possible punishment

2) Neither Malkin or Crosby had anything to do with the play
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Malkin0017 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:19 am

this is one of the more bizarre outbursts i've seen in sports.

I have come to the conclusion that John Tortorella has tourettes.... John Tourettella :fist:
Malkin0017
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Arlow on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:22 am

From Benstonium:
Arlow
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins