the OFFICIAL official Penguins vs. Capitals thread 2/11/05

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Postby Stevens25 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:24 pm

dboss wrote:
Stevens25 wrote:We still don't have a shutout or hat trick yet this year do we?

I THINK we had a hat trick in the last game against the Caps (8-1 win). I could be wrong. I was at the game and I remember hats coming down a couple of times, but the goals that were scored may have been changed after the fact.

I don't think we had one then. We came close with Recchi and Leclair,but I don't think we did. I'm not sure myself though.
Stevens25

Postby dboss on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:24 pm

NIN wrote:
dboss wrote:

I THINK we had a hat trick in the last game against the Caps (8-1 win). I could be wrong. I was at the game and I remember hats coming down a couple of times, but the goals that were scored may have been changed after the fact.

They took a goal away from Recchi and gave it to LeClair (correctly). So officially no HT.......YET.

Good Call! Thanks! :D :D
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:24 pm

Stevens25 wrote:
NIN wrote:
dboss wrote:Hey Ovechkin, don't celebrate TOO much! You are still down by FOUR goals you silly Russke!

I agree there, that is Robbie Brown cheap.

*looks around*

Where's Hextall?!!

RRRRRROOOOONNNNNNNNNIIIIIIEEEEEE!!!
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Postby fourtKNOX on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:26 pm

somebody tries to take the kids knee out... hello MT... keep him off the ice... plllllllllllllllllllllllllleaaaaaaaaaaaaase!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:27 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
fourtKNOX wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
Come on down to Long Island... it's only about three hours, you'll be here before midnight!

maybe the next time they play in NY... i might hold you to that one! ive told my gf that i need to go down to a game... you up for it ... if possible!

Why not? Sounds like fun! We can sit there and make fun of Mad Mike... ask him how he likes "Retirement"?!!!

sounds good we need to keep in touch... email me when the next game is or next one you think we could get too... im heading out soon... or i would do it!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:29 pm

:lol: For those of you who havent had the plessure to see a Robbie Brown goal. He would follow it up with a dramatic Glen Andersson-esque windmill celebration and would drop to one knee sometimes too. A real overrated show boat and players around the league hated him for it. I mean 7-2 and he would act like he won the CUP or something.

One game Flyers goalie Ron Hextall chased him around the rink after one of his celebrations. :D

I doubt many of you didnt know that alr4eady but there it is just in case.
NIN

Postby netwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:29 pm

dboss wrote:
NIN wrote:
dboss wrote:

They took a goal away from Recchi and gave it to LeClair (correctly). So officially no HT.......YET.

I was at that game. The crowd was really confused. :)
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: AHHHHHHHH

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:31 pm

NIN wrote:the gaurd got a punch on the nose and its starting to flow I think he might be sinking!!!

Throw me a line if I reach it in time
I'll meet you up there where the path
Runs straight and high.

Good call, NIN. Almost makes up for the Cotton Eyed Joe Fiasco. Let us never speak of that again.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby NIN on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:31 pm

netwolf wrote:

Of course yinz were. The Pens were WINNING! :shock:
NIN

Postby lauren on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:31 pm

back to back road wins....first time since November!
lauren

Postby dboss on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:31 pm

netwolf wrote:
dboss wrote:
NIN wrote:
dboss wrote:

I was one of them! :lol: :lol:

They didn't really go a good job of announcing the goal has been changed.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:32 pm

ziggystardust wrote:I hate seeing Melichar pick up minuses because other people aren't playing defense.

Don't worry, he'll get a chance to honestly earn a few after the Olympics I'm sure. :P
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Ashamed87 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:32 pm

Wow no pwoer play goals allowed! Nice to see that streak come to and end.....now whats Lange gonna talk about
Ashamed87

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:33 pm

netwolf wrote:
dboss wrote:
NIN wrote:
dboss wrote:

And hatless.

I think that was the first game I've ever seen TWO false hat tricks.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby dboss on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:34 pm

TWO IN A ROW!! The worst thing is that we have to wait almost 3 weeks for another game. Figures they would go on a break when they start playing well.

Special thanks to Lauren for jinxing Fleury...at least you made Errey happy by allowing him to rip Fleury. :lol: :lol:
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby netwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:35 pm

When did the team start calling Caron "minnow"? I thought it was "trout"?
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby HomerPenguin on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:35 pm

NIN wrote:
netwolf wrote:
Rocco wrote:And as I'm typing this, Ovechkin scores one. Crap.

That's okay, that SHG is good for my fantasy team. :wink: Shouldn't have counted though as Whitney got clipped in the face...

If Whit would have checked on the INSIDE-effectively moving the play up the boards and not to the front of the net-like your suppose too that play never happens and he probably doesnt get high sticked either!

tinkerbell....

LOL...meanwhile Jackman could have taken out EITHER Zubrus before he got behind the net OR Ovechkin before he set up in front of Fleury, but inconceivably elected to do neither. Hard to believe he keeps getting scratched. Well, OK, on THIS defense it is hard to believe. But still...
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ben Klingston on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:36 pm

dboss wrote:TWO IN A ROW!! The worst thing is that we have to wait almost 3 weeks for another game. Figures they would go on a break when they start playing well.

Special thanks to Lauren for jinxing Fleury...at least you made Errey happy by allowing him to rip Fleury. :lol: :lol:

Look at it this way... we are guaranteed of a 20-day unbeaten streak. :D
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Ashamed87 on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:37 pm

netwolf wrote:
Rocco wrote:And as I'm typing this, Ovechkin scores one. Crap.

That's okay, that SHG is good for my fantasy team. :wink: Shouldn't have counted though as Whitney got clipped in the face...

Ha Im not the only one whose fantasy team was benefited....
Ashamed87

Postby dboss on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:38 pm

Ben Klingston wrote:
dboss wrote:TWO IN A ROW!! The worst thing is that we have to wait almost 3 weeks for another game. Figures they would go on a break when they start playing well.

Look at it this way... we are guaranteed of a 20-day unbeaten streak. :D

That would be the longest of the season!! Things are looking up! :lol:
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:39 pm

NIN wrote:As far as Gonchar goes, I have always maintained that his O-zone play has been good all season. He isnt going to hurt the team in the Ozone at all.

Gonchar suffers from not being terribly fast while carrying the puck, not being able to make the break-out pass, not being accurate with his point shots, and of course not being good defensively (although I think his shot accuracy is unusually poor this season). These are all things that are at a premium now. I just don't know if Gonchar is ever going to be the premier defenseman he was thought to be when the Penguins offered him $5 million a year.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: AHHHHHHHHH

Postby NIN on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:39 pm

NIN wrote:Kate Beckinsale just choke slammed a midget into a bowl full of Loudmouth soup!!!

Im putting an official patent on this one. :)
NIN

Postby netwolf on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:39 pm

Good job by NIN to step aside for the hotshot rookie as far as the game thread goes too. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby dboss on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:39 pm

Crosby has just DOMINATED these games against Ovechkin. Still can't believe he is only 18 given how well he plays.
dboss
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby fourtKNOX on Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:40 pm

not to take anyting away from the boys and how well they have played... but the upbeat board we have recieved in the past 2 days... has to help the old confidence because im sure they go home every night and read this freakin board... :shock: im sure of it! :lol:

2-0 with the game threads... and like ben said we will be riding a 20 day unbeaten streak... you cant argue with that!

great effort... unsung hero of the night other then marc-andre.... rob scuderi... played well... very well!
fourtKNOX
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins