Official GDT: Game 2 - Penguins vs. Flyers - 4/13/2012

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Official GDT: Game 2 - Penguins vs. Flyers - 4/13/2012

Postby mac5155 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:24 pm

DropEmJayBird wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Who are the "best players in the world"? Claude Giroux and Sean Courtirier or Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby?

Yeah ok, putting giroux in the same league as courtirier is insulting to courtirier.

6 points. I'd say putting 28 and 14 into the same leadue as. 71 is insukting to the former.2
mac5155
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby dman66 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:24 pm

PhantomJB93 wrote:Honestly starting to believe Max Talbot was the heart and soul of this team. Without him they are just an empty shell with no emotion, no drive, no will to win.

LOL. Serious? Talbot was awful after we won the Cup. If he played the way he did with the Flyers this year, he'd still be a Pen.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

I don't think the series is over. I actually think it's a blessing that the Pens are going on the road. They need to get back to basics and find their game again. The lack of adjustments made is mind-numbing though!
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

BigGimp77 wrote:We score 5 goals and people are complaining that Geno and Sid aren't scoring enough...

What?

Pretty much. If you score 5 in the playoffs, it should be a blowout in your favor.

There's no one person responsible for any of this, despite everyone trying to pin all the blame on their target of hate. The team all around just has something mentally wrong with them. It goes from the coaches through the players. There was something wrong with everyone.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby HockeyDaddy on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

My 8 year old was sitting beside me when Lovecrap threw the puck up the middle. I coached his mite team this year and stressed every shift that players move the puck up the boards out of their zone. When he threw that puck up the middle right to a forechecker my son looked at me and shook his head.

Again, he is 8.
HockeyDaddy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guinness on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Most of you people are emotionally unstable. I feel for whomever you're in a relationship with.

*sips coffee*
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hawkeynut on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

I'm thinking my playoff beard won't make it out of stubble stage.... #heartbroken
Hawkeynut
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby 68forever on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

I think we are all forgetting something here: Shero only gauraneeted the Pens would make the playoffs not make it past the first round let alone to the cup. So he and the team have done their part as far as that goes.

I have to live here in the middle of the state where it is split between pens fans and flyers fans just think of the torture I am going to have to endure if the flyers win the series. Sunday is already going to be hell having to hear all about the flyers being up 2-0 and on the road before we see if the pens decide to play or not.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby The U on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Thank god Philly is playing without Bourdon, Pronger, and JVR.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens2005 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:25 pm

When Talbot and Jagr signed with Philly, you just had to think something bad was going to come of this.
pens2005
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens#1 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:26 pm

anybody think that Sid and Geno are great... but just not worth 8.7? with no cap they would be, but with a cap you end up with Martin stinking for 5 and 3 others that arent that good
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby jimreb on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm

KG wrote:I don't think the series is over. I actually think it's a blessing that the Pens are going on the road. They need to get back to basics and find their game again. The lack of adjustments made is mind-numbing though!

the problem is these aren't the Capitals
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Steve on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm

mac5155 wrote:Who are the "best players in the world"? Claude Giroux and Sean Courtirier or Evgeni Malkin and Sidney Crosby?

Which pair will be trying to score against the Penguins defense? I'll pick them.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens#1 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm

The U wrote:Thank god Philly is playing without Bourdon, Pronger, and JVR.

and Mezzsaros
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Henry Hank on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm

Of all the things that **** me off about this game, I think it's the fact that after Bryzgalov lets up a terrible softy to start the third and give the Pens the lead, on like the next shift Lovejoy makes a completely idiotic cross ice pass in his own zone that gets picked off for a goal. Bryzgalov just handed them a lead, a lead they had already blown how many times in this game, and they just give it right back. That hurts. They can't even take advantage of the fact that Bryzgalov sucks.

Sorry if people don't like negativity but I hate another early playoff exit and I hate to see them waste these opportunities. Last year SUCKED because we didn't get to see the opportunity for Sid and Geno to play in the playoffs. We are so fortunate to watch a fully healthy lineup and it's not just that they're losing, it's the way they are completely choking this away. I'm embarrassed for the Pens the way that Philly owns them. It's even worse that it's Philly. The Pens have no answer for them, nothing at all.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bhaw on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:27 pm

KG wrote:I don't think the series is over. I actually think it's a blessing that the Pens are going on the road. They need to get back to basics and find their game again. The lack of adjustments made is mind-numbing though!

I don't get it. How do you go into the locker room after blowing 2 leads in the 2nd period then come out, get a huge momentum goal then give up the lead again?

And why was Lovejoy allowed to play another minute after that give away? And then have Sullivan as the last guy back when down 1? Has he not blown enough plays on defense (he's not a defenseman, so it's logical that he can't play D very well) to show he shouldn't be back there?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby jimreb on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

68forever wrote:I think we are all forgetting something here: Shero only gauraneeted the Pens would make the playoffs not make it past the first round let alone to the cup. So he and the team have done their part as far as that goes.

I have to live here in the middle of the state where it is split between pens fans and flyers fans just think of the torture I am going to have to endure if the flyers win the series. Sunday is already going to be hell having to hear all about the flyers being up 2-0 and on the road before we see if the pens decide to play or not.

imagine living outside Philly
jimreb
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DropEmJayBird on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

HockeyDaddy wrote:My 8 year old was sitting beside me when Lovecrap threw the puck up the middle. I coached his mite team this year and stressed every shift that players move the puck up the boards out of their zone. When he threw that puck up the middle right to a forechecker my son looked at me and shook his head.

Again, he is 8.

Sad par is that's not a joke... the way this team has playedwith a lead is disgusting
DropEmJayBird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Tico Rick on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Guinness wrote:Most of you people are emotionally unstable. I feel for whomever you're in a relationship with.

*sips coffee*

lol Guinness.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

malkinshair wrote:
Henry Hank wrote:Series is over, folks. Bury your head in the sand if you want - honestly, I admire it. But it's not reality. The Flyers own the Pens, end of story. The Pens may have a better team on paper, but the Flyers are a better team on the ice. Simple as that. They just showed you why. They take the lead and they go into shutdown. They counter attack and put it away. The Pens get a lead and they let Flyers get behind their D. The Pens team D became a joke once Sid came back.

And no, it's not just one game. It's not even two games. The Flyers have owned the Pens all season. Think about how retched this is: the Pens have blown leads of two or more goals in four of the last five meetings between these teams.

The Flyers are the better team, but it's still a disgrace on the Pens' end. They put themselves in a position to be up 2-0 right now and they're going to go into Philly down 2-0. This has been coming for a long time. They stopped doing the little things that made some successful while Sid was out. It's a black mark on the coaching staff and the players that they couldn't address that over the last few weeks.

Philly is legit. They'd win the Cup if Bryzgalov doesn't blow it for them, which he can easily do to a good team that actually knows how to play D and play with a lead.

Series isn't over, but the Pens need to get to their game. The teams are evenly matched, regardless of what everyone was saying going into the series, but Philly is playing at the top of their game. The Pens don't look comfortable in their own skin. This is a series of confidence, and 100% of it is on the other side. If it doesn't change Sunday, the Pens are making tee times for Thursday morning.

What game do the Penguins need to get to? Their defense was average all year until March and then it was terrible. Probably played over their heads for too long. The Pens have no grinders (Matt Cooke?), and the Flyers are missing 2 starters on defense.

When are people going to realize that maybe just maybe the team (yes all 20 guys) are not all that and then some?
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Pitts wrote:
wondermoose wrote:I kind of saw this coming, the way the team played when Sid came back. I don't know what changed, but it sure is disappointing. There's just no compete level in their own zone. I just don't get it.

Geno stops scoring when Sid is playing. I'm telling you, the "2 headed monster", it is not.

The defense of this team needs blown-up and re-made in the off season. They could also use a more defensive system to settle the games down.

Agreed....Sid/Malkin don't both bring their A game at the same time. And Staal forget about him. When Malkin and Crosby are both playing he is fine doing his Michael Handzus impersonation.
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

I cant wait to read how the officiating was terrible.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby The U on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Bourdon goes down and Philly plugs in deadline acquisition in Kubina. Niskanen gets hurt and we have 3 AHLers to choose from to take his spot. Glad we kept that 3rd pick though, that guy will be a great help for our 2017 cup run.
The U
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby RxBandit66 on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Abylsmal.
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby nocera on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

BurghersAndDogsSports wrote:I cant wait to read how the officiating was terrible.

Actually, this was one of the better officiated playoff games I've seen in a while.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins