Penguins v. Flyers (Game 3) GDT

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Penguins v. Flyers (Game 3) GDT

Postby pfim on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Asham's was completely uncalled for (though the Pens have let Schenn off the hook far too much), so was Neal's. Asham won't be playing for a long time.

If Clownshoes doesn't want his hair pulled, then cut it.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Guinness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:40 pm

pensfan86 wrote:I dunno if its me or not but I don't feel any remorse or slightest remorse towards Philly. This just furthers my point that I completely dispise them. They are now getting some of their own medicine. How many times has Philly said screw it when we have been beating the snot outta them and just started fighting.

Yeah, I don't feel bad for them at all, being up 3-0 on the series. :roll:
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:40 pm

sniper wrote:
marek wrote:So does anyone feel differently and now agrees that the pens should have targeted max and taken him out of this series? Lol

Why because he scored two goals that a high school level goalie could stop with ease?

Pens have played like complete crap, obviously. Max Talbot has nothing to do with that. The penguins have played 40 minutes in this series. The first periods of games 1 and 2. The rest is complete garbage. The worst part is I still think the Pens best is better than the Flyers best. Sadly it certainly looks like we will never see the Penguins best or anything close to it. I have no idea what they are doing, but it sure isn't working.

Max has had everything to do with the last 2 wins. He was a +5 with 2 points last game, and was a +2 with 2 points again today.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bh on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:40 pm

Goon64 wrote:Has anyone in the past 20 years.. maybe 30.. seen any playoff series like this where a team just fell apart? It isn't like we are losing 1-0 2-1.. 8 goals against a game.. blowing a leads of 2-3 goals.. we've seen top seeds lose series, even swept, but nothing like this.

Yeah this whole series is blowing my mind. I've never been this frustrated as a fan. The only thing that would blow my mind even more would be to win the next 4 games. Not going to happen.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guinness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:41 pm

pfim wrote:If Clownshoes doesn't want his hair pulled, then cut it.

My first inclination as well.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pensfan86 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Guinness wrote:
pfim wrote:If Clownshoes doesn't want his hair pulled, then cut it.

My first inclination as well.

Same thing I said.
pensfan86
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Fire0nice228 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:42 pm

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
Guinness wrote:This has been such a complete dismantlement, that I can't see Shero not making major changes this off-season. I've taken to saying that this should be looked at as the Eastern Conference Finals, since these are the two best teams in the East; but Philly has so thoroughly and utterly dominated this series, unlike any I've seen that I can remember at the moment, that even if it were true that this were the ECF, Shero MUST re-evaluate this team. This isn't a tweak situation.

They can also beat any other team in the east besides the flyers even right now, looking so terrible.

You realize this team gave up 8 goals to the Senators in the final weeks of the season and 10 goals over 2 games to the ISLANDERS towards the end, with the number 1 seed in sight, right?
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guinness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:42 pm

bh wrote:
Goon64 wrote:Has anyone in the past 20 years.. maybe 30.. seen any playoff series like this where a team just fell apart? It isn't like we are losing 1-0 2-1.. 8 goals against a game.. blowing a leads of 2-3 goals.. we've seen top seeds lose series, even swept, but nothing like this.

Yeah this whole series is blowing my mind. I've never been this frustrated as a fan. The only thing that would blow my mind even more would be to win the next 4 games. Not going to happen.

I'm in the exact same place - the most frustrating thing is when PGH starts showing signs of life and coming back in the 2nd and 3rd periods of these games, they almost IMMEDIATELY give up a gut-punch goal. Never seen anything like it.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby KG on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:42 pm

Could MAF have picked a worse time to give up quite possibly the worst goal in his career?

Hindsight being 20-20 but after MAF gave up that Mr. Softie and yet another SHG. DB could have taken a TO to just calm the freak down. It apparently doesn't take much for this team to self implode and they do not have the capacity to right their own ship...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Guinness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Well, you know what they say:

THIS **** SUCKS.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby KG on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Guinness wrote:
bh wrote:

I'm in the exact same place - the most frustrating thing is when PGH starts showing signs of life and coming back in the 2nd and 3rd periods of these games, they almost IMMEDIATELY give up a gut-punch goal. Never seen anything like it.

This whole entire series, and particularly this game today is not what playoff hockey is. I don't know what they are playing out there. This reminds me of that silly out door roller hockey tournament ESPN used to air...what a joke...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:44 pm

Shero has actually done a pretty decent job with the forwards... but the defense and backup goalie situation has been pathetic. Not signing Talbot was a mistake.
After taking a deep breath, it is hard to be critical of the pens when they did so well in the regular season, but it is obvious that the defense needs rebuilt.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:45 pm

they need to blow off steam in their room. they went to shero to keep the team together. they need to look at each other and in the mirror.

Turnaround has to begin with Fleury.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Johnson did not look good, btw.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:46 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Johnson did not look good, btw.

Of course MAF will start game 4. I actually think Brent Johnson filed his retirement papers with the league 8 months ago but didn't tell anyone...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pfim on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 pm

It was too late to bring him in, regardless of the score. Should have been brought in after the 3rd goal, not that it would have mattered much.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby browniefan on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 pm

No, he didn't. It was worth a try, but I would have made the move a few soft goals earlier than DB did.
browniefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby tfrizz on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:47 pm

Bylsma officially announced Fleury will start Game 4. Not surprising... you don't go into an elimination game starting your backup.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Henry Hank on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:48 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:
It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
Guinness wrote:This has been such a complete dismantlement, that I can't see Shero not making major changes this off-season. I've taken to saying that this should be looked at as the Eastern Conference Finals, since these are the two best teams in the East; but Philly has so thoroughly and utterly dominated this series, unlike any I've seen that I can remember at the moment, that even if it were true that this were the ECF, Shero MUST re-evaluate this team. This isn't a tweak situation.

They can also beat any other team in the east besides the flyers even right now, looking so terrible.

You realize this team gave up 8 goals to the Senators in the final weeks of the season and 10 goals over 2 games to the ISLANDERS towards the end, with the number 1 seed in sight, right?

EXACTLY. That stretch is where it was obvious that there were problems here. A team with Cup aspirations and the first seed on the line does not lay back to back eggs against a crappy team like the Islanders, especially when they just got embarrassed the way they did against Ottawa. If they were going to get it together, it was going to come after the first Islanders loss. It didn't happen and things have only gotten worse since.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby bh on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Fleury just flat out Sucks
Malkin supposedly is an MVP?
Adams really sucks
Asham tried to kill a man
Staal sucks
Crosby isn't in playoff game shape and can't play defense anymore.
Orpik looks lost out there
Martin looks day late and a dollar short on every play
Michalek has two plays in his arsenal... up the boards and up the other boards. THAT's IT.
This team just can't do anything right.

sigh...just can't believe this series.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby bh on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:52 pm

KG wrote:

Of course MAF will start game 4. I actually think Brent Johnson filed his retirement papers with the league 8 months ago but didn't tell anyone...

lol, thanks for the laugh.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Guinness on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm glad I have beer right now.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:54 pm

I def don't expect Philly to win the cup, no way they will be able to keep up what they are doing against a team that is playing more smartly, and like a team Let alone having Max freakin Talbot as one of your better players.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penny lane on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:55 pm

I'm glad the series has a break until Wednesday.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby TheHammer24 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:56 pm

bh wrote:Fleury just flat out Sucks
Malkin supposedly is an MVP?
Adams really sucks
Asham tried to kill a man
Staal sucks
Crosby isn't in playoff game shape and can't play defense anymore.
Orpik looks lost out there
Martin looks day late and a dollar short on every play
Michalek has two plays in his arsenal... up the boards and up the other boards. THAT's IT.
This team just can't do anything right.

sigh...just can't believe this series.

Yeah. Plus we can't play team defense.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins