Jaromir Jagr: Crosby Harms Only Himself

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Jaromir Jagr: Crosby Harms Only Himself

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:58 pm

Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jaromir Jagr: Crosby Harms Only Himself

Postby duke66 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:59 pm

i was just gonna post this! high comedy. sounds like it's written by a 6th grader.

And that he swept Voras’ (Jakub Voráček’s) glove away with his stick? Well, it’s no big deal; one can pick it up a few yards further on
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pittsports87 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:00 pm

duke66 wrote:i was just gonna post this! high comedy. sounds like it's written by a 6th grader.

I believe the article was originally in Czech and this was just a translation of the blog.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby BurghersAndDogsSports on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:01 pm

All in all it wasnt really a bad blog post. Just something stupid really. His points were pretty basic points. Yawn.
BurghersAndDogsSports
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Malkamaniac on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:02 pm

jagr wrote:Personally, I don’t care about the “Crosby issue”. I even don’t know what newspapers have written about it. I believe we shouldn’t care; we should stick to our game and try to maintain the same excellent team spirit we have enjoyed throughout the regular season. There is no point in changing anything.

Actually read that article and agreed with Jagr that they can't get sucked into the nonsense.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby duke66 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:02 pm

pittsports87 wrote:
duke66 wrote:i was just gonna post this! high comedy. sounds like it's written by a 6th grader.

I believe the article was originally in Czech and this was just a translation of the blog.

i realize that, it still sounds like a 6th grader wrote it. why put that tripe out there?
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby HomerPenguin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:06 pm

"Crosby harm only himself, like time Jan wash his peasant face in shattered glass to prove to Jagr that he is worthy of feeding from head of fish that was prepared for Jagr's dinner. Jagr lose $75,000 bet with Kippie that Jan not wash face in shattered glass, but later is able to strike Kip with stick in groin until Kip return Jagr's funds. So in way, Kip also harm himself by making hloupý bet with Jagr."

--excerpt from Jagr's Journal, 4/17/12
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby pittsports87 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:07 pm

duke66 wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:

i realize that, it still sounds like a 6th grader wrote it. why put that tripe out there?

Philadelphia rots peoples minds.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby duke66 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:08 pm

haha. ^^^^
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby llipgh2 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:10 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:"Crosby harm only himself, like time Jan wash his peasant face in shattered glass to prove to Jagr that he is worthy of feeding from head of fish that was prepared for Jagr's dinner. Jagr lose $75,000 bet with Kippie that Jan not wash face in shattered glass, but later is able to strike Kip with stick in groin until Kip return Jagr's funds. So in way, Kip also harm himself by making hloupý bet with Jagr."

:? WTF?
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Admin on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:12 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:--excerpt from Jagr's Journal, 4/17/12

:thumb: :thumb:
Admin
Site Admin

Postby AlexPKeaton on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:14 pm

Jagr is being a leader on that team. Telling them to focus on their play and not on stupid crap.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Godric on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:15 pm

HomerPenguin wrote:"Crosby harm only himself, like time Jan wash his peasant face in shattered glass to prove to Jagr that he is worthy of feeding from head of fish that was prepared for Jagr's dinner. Jagr lose $75,000 bet with Kippie that Jan not wash face in shattered glass, but later is able to strike Kip with stick in groin until Kip return Jagr's funds. So in way, Kip also harm himself by making hloupý bet with Jagr."

hp you have a talent :thumb:
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Henry Hank on Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:57 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:Jagr is being a leader on that team. Telling them to focus on their play and not on stupid crap.

Yep. His act in deciding which team to play for was typical Jagr diva stuff but he's been nothing but a professional there. All you've ever heard about is how hard he works. I couldn't have been more wrong about him. Apparently he would have been a great fit here. They could have used his leadership desperately. The guys they have here clearly self destructed when things got bad.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby newarenanow on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:10 pm

Not much I disagree with. Wish our leaders would focus on playign the game.
newarenanow
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby profpolisci on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:13 pm

I laughed
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm

Henry Hank wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Jagr is being a leader on that team. Telling them to focus on their play and not on stupid crap.

Yep. His act in deciding which team to play for was typical Jagr diva stuff but he's been nothing but a professional there. All you've ever heard about is how hard he works. I couldn't have been more wrong about him. Apparently he would have been a great fit here. They could have used his leadership desperately. The guys they have here clearly self destructed when things got bad.

I think so. Even if just from the leadership point. I bet lots of those young Flyers look up to him and listen. Probably even more important than his playing, which isn't that great anymore.. still good, but you can see he's 40.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Tico Rick on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm

I'd rather have Jaromir than the two leprechauns.
Tico Rick
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby littlemoonboot on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:59 pm

I didn't think what he wrote was all that bad. People made it sound like he was being an A-hole but he wasn't.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby lemieuxReturns on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:04 pm

"Why worry about a 40-year-old guy? The biggest mistake [Penguins] management made [during the summer] was they should have signed Max,"

who knew way back in december that Jagr would be so right? Jagr will unfortunately for him never be celebrated by any NHL team. No team will raise his number to the rafters... no fault but his own. He is so difficult to figure out, but he was almost eerily futuristic with that comment.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FallenHero96 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:13 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
"Why worry about a 40-year-old guy? The biggest mistake [Penguins] management made [during the summer] was they should have signed Max,"

who knew way back in december that Jagr would be so right? Jagr will unfortunately for him never be celebrated by any NHL team. No team will raise his number to the rafters... no fault but his own. He is so difficult to figure out, but he was almost eerily futuristic with that comment.

For me, looking back I don't regret not signing Talbot. For the money he was asking, and his performance his last year, it was a no-brainer to let him go. I liked him, but at that point in time it didn't make sense. It felt like his time here was over. The kind of year he is having now I don't think he would have had playing for the Pens.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Gaucho on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:27 pm

Excellent work.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby raewhit on Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:32 pm

Henry Hank wrote:

It's really easy to be professional and a "leader" when you are up 3-0. Big Deal!
raewhit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby shafnutz05 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:21 pm

Bravo HP
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Judy on Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Is it odd that when I opened the link, I thought the picture on the very top was Peter Brady? :pop:

Judy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins