Lack of accountability

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Lack of accountability

Postby HomerPenguin on Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:15 pm

Another factor to consider in terms of Tocchet is that, if they hired him, Jagr would be dying alive to play in Pittsburgh. They'd be sure to get him back this time.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:45 pm

I think the lack of accountability is an important issue. Our players were not afraid of taking retaliatory penalties which contributed to our loss to the Flyers. It's one thing to take a penalty to prevent a goal, but it's a different thing altogether to whack somebody with a 2-hander like.. was it Adams or Kennedy after getting knocked on their ass? Or Geno's undisciplined penalties. They're not afraid to bench Ovechkin in Washington anymore and I think we need more of that in Pittsburgh. I think it's disrespectful to the coach when our players reduce the chances of winning a playoff game when they take selfish penalties. Flyers scored 12 PP goals in 6 games.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby penmyst on Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:54 am

Sarcastic wrote:I think the lack of accountability is an important issue. Our players were not afraid of taking retaliatory penalties which contributed to our loss to the Flyers. It's one thing to take a penalty to prevent a goal, but it's a different thing altogether to whack somebody with a 2-hander like.. was it Adams or Kennedy after getting knocked on their ass? Or Geno's undisciplined penalties. They're not afraid to bench Ovechkin in Washington anymore and I think we need more of that in Pittsburgh. I think it's disrespectful to the coach when our players reduce the chances of winning a playoff game when they take selfish penalties. Flyers scored 12 PP goals in 6 games.

To be fair, players that aren't willing to work at details and be disciplined........ usually end up getting their heads handed to them........ which causes them to lash out in anger due to their humiliation like toddlers. Hence, the dumb retaliatory stuff.

It's what Philly used to do before their coaches figured out how to beat HCDB. Now, the shoe is on the other foot and it was the Pens playing stupid Flyers hockey.
penmyst
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins