You're the GM: Part 3

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby sil on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:56 pm

columbia wrote:Pens likely to stay with 3-center model
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/118 ... 6-08-staal

I would take this more seriously from Molinari....The usual Rossi caveats apply.


Idk, seems more like Rossi just questioning Shero's ability to draft than anything.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby SolidSnake on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:57 pm

sil wrote:
columbia wrote:Pens likely to stay with 3-center model
http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/118 ... 6-08-staal

I would take this more seriously from Molinari....The usual Rossi caveats apply.


Idk, seems more like Rossi just questioning Shero's ability to draft than anything.

Agreed and it's from Rossi remember
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,127
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby sil on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:05 pm

Well, let's say Bennett, Khunhackel, Despres and Morrow (plus some other late pick) develop well and play for the pens...Rossi will probably be the first person to write about how much faith he's always had in Shero.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby shmenguin on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm

i skimmed that article and didn't see any quotes. goody - i love when rossi pretends like he's capable of actual hockey analysis
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,413
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby DelPen on Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:36 pm

Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,335
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby IanMoran on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:53 pm

I'm the GM

Keep the team as close to what it was this year as possible.

Slight tinkering

This roster is loaded... losing to a really good team in 6 games doesn't change that
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,874
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby sil on Tue May 01, 2012 9:14 am

DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)


Unless they throw in Shultz, I'm not taking that deal.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby DelPen on Tue May 01, 2012 9:34 am

IanMoran wrote:I'm the GM

Keep the team as close to what it was this year as possible.

Slight tinkering

This roster is loaded... losing to a really good team in 6 games doesn't change that


Looking like crap in all 4 losses should rock the boat.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 33,335
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby IanMoran on Tue May 01, 2012 10:59 am

DelPen wrote:
IanMoran wrote:I'm the GM

Keep the team as close to what it was this year as possible.

Slight tinkering

This roster is loaded... losing to a really good team in 6 games doesn't change that


Looking like crap in all 4 losses should rock the boat.

I'm glad Ray Shero is in charge and not LGP

You don't just "Rock the boat" to "rock the boat"

We aren't going to win the cup every year

Sorry guys
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,874
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:10 am
Location: Minneapolis, via Pittsburgh

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 01, 2012 11:21 am

sil wrote:
DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)


Unless they throw in Shultz, I'm not taking that deal.


Really? Nick Schultz is going to solve our problems?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,716
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby meow on Tue May 01, 2012 11:25 am

DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)

How exactly does Yakupov help our defense?
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,069
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 01, 2012 11:33 am

meow wrote:
DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)

How exactly does Yakupov help our defense?


Better yet:

How does trading our best 2-way forward and a d-man help our defense?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,716
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby meow on Tue May 01, 2012 11:40 am

MRandall25 wrote:
meow wrote:
DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)

How exactly does Yakupov help our defense?


Better yet:

How does trading our best 2-way forward and a d-man help our defense?

If anything, trade with MTL or NYI and grab Ryan Murray.
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,069
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 01, 2012 11:44 am

meow wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
meow wrote:
DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)

How exactly does Yakupov help our defense?


Better yet:

How does trading our best 2-way forward and a d-man help our defense?

If anything, trade with MTL or NYI and grab Ryan Murray.


Or Columbus and get whoever you decide to trade (if it ever actually happens) out of the conference.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,716
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby meow on Tue May 01, 2012 11:45 am

MRandall25 wrote:
meow wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
meow wrote:
DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)

How exactly does Yakupov help our defense?


Better yet:

How does trading our best 2-way forward and a d-man help our defense?

If anything, trade with MTL or NYI and grab Ryan Murray.


Or Columbus and get whoever you decide to trade (if it ever actually happens) out of the conference.

Apparently we want Martin to stay in the conference!
meow
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,069
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby sil on Tue May 01, 2012 12:36 pm

IanMoran wrote:
DelPen wrote:
IanMoran wrote:I'm the GM

Keep the team as close to what it was this year as possible.

Slight tinkering

This roster is loaded... losing to a really good team in 6 games doesn't change that


Looking like crap in all 4 losses should rock the boat.

I'm glad Ray Shero is in charge and not LGP

You don't just "Rock the boat" to "rock the boat"

We aren't going to win the cup every year

Sorry guys


I honestly don't think we're going to win the cup as top-heavy as we currently are, especially since we lack a real shutdown pair of defenders.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby sil on Tue May 01, 2012 12:37 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:
DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)


Unless they throw in Shultz, I'm not taking that deal.


Really? Nick Schultz is going to solve our problems?


Who said Schultz was going to solve our problems? Staal and Martin for the first overall is plain and simple overpayment.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 pm

sil wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:
DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)


Unless they throw in Shultz, I'm not taking that deal.


Really? Nick Schultz is going to solve our problems?


Who said Schultz was going to solve our problems? Staal and Martin for the first overall is plain and simple overpayment.


But you think Nick Schultz will make it not be overpayment?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,716
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby sil on Tue May 01, 2012 2:57 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:
DelPen wrote:Staal and Martin for Edmonton's 1st would be fantastic :)


Unless they throw in Shultz, I'm not taking that deal.


Really? Nick Schultz is going to solve our problems?


Who said Schultz was going to solve our problems? Staal and Martin for the first overall is plain and simple overpayment.


But you think Nick Schultz will make it not be overpayment?


Still a risk (based on just not knowing for sure how good a player will be...will Yakupov be like Kovy, Malkin, Datsyuk...or will be be like Zherdev?), but it's much closer to even value than just giving away two proven NHL players for a single draft pick.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 01, 2012 3:03 pm

sil wrote:Still a risk (based on just not knowing for sure how good a player will be...will Yakupov be like Kovy, Malkin, Datsyuk...or will be be like Zherdev?), but it's much closer to even value than just giving away two proven NHL players for a single draft pick.


I think what I'm trying to say is I think you're over-valuing Nick Schultz. I'd definitely want more than him if I were trading Staal and Martin for the 1st and him.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,716
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby sil on Tue May 01, 2012 3:09 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:Still a risk (based on just not knowing for sure how good a player will be...will Yakupov be like Kovy, Malkin, Datsyuk...or will be be like Zherdev?), but it's much closer to even value than just giving away two proven NHL players for a single draft pick.


I think what I'm trying to say is I think you're over-valuing Nick Schultz. I'd definitely want more than him if I were trading Staal and Martin for the 1st and him.


Gotcha. Well, there's really nothing else that EDM will part with (except maybe Hemsky...and that kills the cap again for a perimeter player), so I guess we're hoping that Yakupov is a generational talent at that point.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby MRandall25 on Tue May 01, 2012 3:10 pm

sil wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:Still a risk (based on just not knowing for sure how good a player will be...will Yakupov be like Kovy, Malkin, Datsyuk...or will be be like Zherdev?), but it's much closer to even value than just giving away two proven NHL players for a single draft pick.


I think what I'm trying to say is I think you're over-valuing Nick Schultz. I'd definitely want more than him if I were trading Staal and Martin for the 1st and him.


Gotcha. Well, there's really nothing else that EDM will part with (except maybe Hemsky...and that kills the cap again for a perimeter player), so I guess we're hoping that Yakupov is a generational talent at that point.


You could just not trade either of them to Edmonton and look for other suitors or a way to fit everyone under the cap.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,716
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby sil on Tue May 01, 2012 3:18 pm

MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
sil wrote:Still a risk (based on just not knowing for sure how good a player will be...will Yakupov be like Kovy, Malkin, Datsyuk...or will be be like Zherdev?), but it's much closer to even value than just giving away two proven NHL players for a single draft pick.


I think what I'm trying to say is I think you're over-valuing Nick Schultz. I'd definitely want more than him if I were trading Staal and Martin for the 1st and him.


Gotcha. Well, there's really nothing else that EDM will part with (except maybe Hemsky...and that kills the cap again for a perimeter player), so I guess we're hoping that Yakupov is a generational talent at that point.


You could just not trade either of them to Edmonton and look for other suitors or a way to fit everyone under the cap.


I'm down.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,853
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby Nizzy on Tue May 01, 2012 11:18 pm

You know I try not to get involved with the PGH sports media people, most of them never really bothered me. I enjoy listening to Madden because he does entertain and usually has great Pens coverage. (The Shero interview at the end of the year was good) However over the last few weeks I've really disliked Rossi

-Pens are the Atlanta Braves comment on twitter. Just stupid in my opinion. Lets talk about a 5 year stretch and compare it to a different sports team in a different sport entirely over the spand of 17 years...
-Looked Staal right in the face and asked him about him possibly leaving. The guy still has a year on his deal, we don't know the CBA yet, its almost like he wants Staal to ask for a trade just so he can report it first.

Disgusting.

I don't care if you have to pay the big 3, 25M combined. You do it and play them with scrubs, because they can still score 4G a game with scrubs.

It's the defense, MAF being overused/shakey/typical MAF letting in softies, system/getting out coached.

Those 3 way way way more of the problem over our offense. Our offense doesnt need touched. Maybe refresh the 4th line thats it.

unreal :scared:
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,596
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: Steel City

Re: You're the GM: Part 3

Postby Pipes Hochuli on Wed May 02, 2012 11:37 am

Al Montoya.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,612
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:12 am
Location: Pascal's playoff eyebrows

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

e-mail