Shero/Bylsma press conference thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Shero/Bylsma press conference thread

Postby largegarlic on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:23 pm

I caught the latter part of the Shero interview with Madden this afternoon. What struck me (and it didn't appear in the Empty-Netters transcript) was Shero's response when Madden asked him whether this was a situation in which the team needed a complete overhaul or just a tweak. I was expecting Shero to give the safe, PC answer; something like, "We really like our team. Of course, we might need to make some minor adjustments, but this is still a really good team. Blah, blah, blah...". Instead, Shero took a good couple seconds to even respond, and when he did respond, he didn't really give an answer to the question. He just said something like, "Well, you know we just finished our interviews and need to seriously look at things and make some big decisions going forward."

That seemed to me to indicate that he is at least seriously considering making some drastic changes to the team in the off-season.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby KG on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:25 pm

largegarlic wrote:I caught the latter part of the Shero interview with Madden this afternoon. What struck me (and it didn't appear in the Empty-Netters transcript) was Shero's response when Madden asked him whether this was a situation in which the team needed a complete overhaul or just a tweak. I was expecting Shero to give the safe, PC answer; something like, "We really like our team. Of course, we might need to make some minor adjustments, but this is still a really good team. Blah, blah, blah...". Instead, Shero took a good couple seconds to even respond, and when he did respond, he didn't really give an answer to the question. He just said something like, "Well, you know we just finished our interviews and need to seriously look at things and make some big decisions going forward."

That seemed to me to indicate that he is at least seriously considering making some drastic changes to the team in the off-season.

Agreed. Shero knows he is most likely not going to be able to keep all 3...something will have to give sooner then later.

Very tough position for Shero to be in...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby columbia on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:49 pm

Shero's going to throw a draft party at the Consol and trade Staal or Malkin in the process?
That is the endgame of such thinking.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby sil on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:42 pm

columbia wrote:Shero's going to throw a draft party at the Consol and trade Staal or Malkin in the process?

It could be the end game of reality...whcih happens whether or not we like it.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Streaks House on Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:46 pm

sil wrote:
columbia wrote:Shero's going to throw a draft party at the Consol and trade Staal or Malkin in the process?

It could be the end game of reality...whcih happens whether or not we like it.

Well, it would give the Pens some cap relief for 3 years :pop:

Yakupov's AAV for the next 3 years < Staal/Malkin AAV next 3 years...
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:47 pm

What struck me was that both Ray and Dan, and I believe the players themselves, are in such shock over what happened. They really felt they were going to win and it almost makes me think of the 'entitlement' label. Maybe it is why things erupted so badly in one of the games and maybe it is why I didn't see as much hard play over an entire game from the team as I wanted. They possibly thought talent alone would get them through the series. I was disappointed in their overall effort in game 6. There wasn't enough desperation. They won two games and maybe felt they could step off the gas pedal a little? I'm just speculating, but if you're going into a series and don't plan on giving 100%, you're not going to win in today's NHL.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:06 pm

2 points in either Islanders game late in the season and we would be complaining about what a turd Chris Neil was. :pop:
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins