Should Sid or Geno be Involved in the PK Next Season?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Should Sid or Geno be Involved in the PK Next Season?

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:03 am

kind of a catch 22 scenario. Yes, in the playoffs, when you are down a man and it is a critical point of the game, having sid or geno or both out there killing penalties could end up helping you create a scoring chance... however, do you really want these guys blocking shots in November? The problem becomes, if you dont have them practice it in the season would they be good enough in the post season and do you want to risk a broken foot during the regular season.
lemieuxReturns
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Rocco on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:13 pm

slappybrown wrote:If you want the 5 on 4 to turn into a 5 on 3 because Malkin takes a silly penalty trying to catch a shorty, then yes, play Malkin on the PK.

Sid, yes he should.

I'm not saying it should be a regular thing. The important thing is to kill a penalty; if you get a SH goal that's a bonus. Plus you don't want to burn them out on PK work. I'm just saying I'd like to see them show it once in a while just so other teams have to be aware of the possibility.
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby columbia on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:56 pm

A rundown of the Pens increasingly good PK during the regular season and increasingly bad PK during the playoffs:
http://thehockeywriters.com/penguins-pl ... nt-season/
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins