The Goats

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Goats

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Why is this guy making such a big deal about the briere offside while ignoring it being pointed out that the Pens scored a goal on a screwed up icing call? Keep saying we were up 3-0, when really we shoulda only been up 2-0. Take out a goal for each team that shouldnt have been and we still lose. As long as the game is called by a human, there will be errors. Part of the game. Always has been, and I think we're a long ways away from robot referees that are infallible.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: The Goats

Postby Sarcastic on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:Why is this guy making such a big deal about the briere offside while ignoring it being pointed out that the Pens scored a goal on a screwed up icing call? Keep saying we were up 3-0, when really we shoulda only been up 2-0. Take out a goal for each team that shouldnt have been and we still lose. As long as the game is called by a human, there will be errors. Part of the game. Always has been, and I think we're a long ways away from robot referees that are infallible.

There shouldn't be errors and no game should be decided by a referee. I generally feel the NHL has a problem with its refs, since on any given night they will or will not call certain things, try to even up the calls whether it is warranted or not, and miss obvious calls that make a fan watching on TV cringe in anger. Someone posted Kerry Frasier's take on Ward's OT goal in the Wash./Boston series. Errors that are too obvious and which affect the outcome of a game need to be eliminated.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins