Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 pm


Maybe Staal and a 3rd for Barker and a 1st but even so Barker isn't a guy that has been used much on the PK.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,261
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby AlexPKeaton on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:36 pm

sil wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Fleury is no longer a "great" goalie. He is the second biggest headcase goalie in the league behind Luongo. Maybe ahead of Luongo. Fleury is a solid regular season goalie and a crap playoff goalie now. I have no faith that he will ever again be good in the playoffs after this historically bad performance following the 2 prior seasons of sub-par performances. I would dump him if we had any goaltender talent at all in the system. RS needs to start drafting goalies.


Malkin also had a bad playoff this year, and showed 'headcase' status by throwing his elbow at every flyer he could in his frustration. He's had one good playoff in his career (MAF has had two), and our prospect system also has no center-depth. Is it easier for you to 'have faith' that Malkin will have no problem one day being the same dominating forward he was in 3/4 of the 2009 playoffs...even though the other 7-playoff series he's been in have shown rather poor effort and consistency?


So you are defending one of the top 3 worst all time playoff performances by a goaltender by attacking a player with 8 points in 6 playoff games.

MAF is done. There isn't a team in the league that would trade anything significant for him after that chocking dog performance. The sooner the GM realizes that and dumps his happy go lucky arse to the scrap heap the better.
AlexPKeaton
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 12,719
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:46 am
Location: Malkinite Compound

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby tfrizz on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:43 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:
sil wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Fleury is no longer a "great" goalie. He is the second biggest headcase goalie in the league behind Luongo. Maybe ahead of Luongo. Fleury is a solid regular season goalie and a crap playoff goalie now. I have no faith that he will ever again be good in the playoffs after this historically bad performance following the 2 prior seasons of sub-par performances. I would dump him if we had any goaltender talent at all in the system. RS needs to start drafting goalies.


Malkin also had a bad playoff this year, and showed 'headcase' status by throwing his elbow at every flyer he could in his frustration. He's had one good playoff in his career (MAF has had two), and our prospect system also has no center-depth. Is it easier for you to 'have faith' that Malkin will have no problem one day being the same dominating forward he was in 3/4 of the 2009 playoffs...even though the other 7-playoff series he's been in have shown rather poor effort and consistency?


So you are defending one of the top 3 worst all time playoff performances by a goaltender by attacking a player with 8 points in 6 playoff games.

MAF is done. There isn't a team in the league that would trade anything significant for him after that chocking dog performance. The sooner the GM realizes that and dumps his happy go lucky arse to the scrap heap the better.


How are they going to dump him of noone would want him? His no movement clause means he can't be waived, and his no trade clause restricts them even farther than "noone would want him" in terms of trade propositions.

I suppose that leaves buying out his contract, but then you're cutting down the already tight salary cap and still have to find a slew of goalies (only Fleury and Killeen are signed beyond this season)
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,558
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby pens_CT on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:47 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:
sil wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Fleury is no longer a "great" goalie. He is the second biggest headcase goalie in the league behind Luongo. Maybe ahead of Luongo. Fleury is a solid regular season goalie and a crap playoff goalie now. I have no faith that he will ever again be good in the playoffs after this historically bad performance following the 2 prior seasons of sub-par performances. I would dump him if we had any goaltender talent at all in the system. RS needs to start drafting goalies.


Malkin also had a bad playoff this year, and showed 'headcase' status by throwing his elbow at every flyer he could in his frustration. He's had one good playoff in his career (MAF has had two), and our prospect system also has no center-depth. Is it easier for you to 'have faith' that Malkin will have no problem one day being the same dominating forward he was in 3/4 of the 2009 playoffs...even though the other 7-playoff series he's been in have shown rather poor effort and consistency?


So you are defending one of the top 3 worst all time playoff performances by a goaltender by attacking a player with 8 points in 6 playoff games.

MAF is done. There isn't a team in the league that would trade anything significant for him after that chocking dog performance. The sooner the GM realizes that and dumps his happy go lucky arse to the scrap heap the better.

Oh please, if Shero put MAF on the trade block there would be plenty of takers for him (Toronto, Tampa and Edmonton just for starters) who would be willing to give significant assets in a trade, regardless of his playoff performance.
pens_CT
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,653
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:47 pm

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby Pens4Life on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:

Maybe Staal and a 3rd for Barker and a 1st but even so Barker isn't a guy that has been used much on the PK.


NO WAY,for that deal...
I hope we trade Martin,Michalek,Orpik,Kunitz or MAF before we trade Staal,if...!!
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,535
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:02 pm
Location: Slovenia

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Pens4Life wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Maybe Staal and a 3rd for Barker and a 1st but even so Barker isn't a guy that has been used much on the PK.


NO WAY,for that deal...
I hope we trade Martin,Michalek,Orpik,Kunitz or MAF before we trade Staal,if...!!

I'm saying we need to get something more than the 1st rounder for Staal. Nothing on Edm really impresses me or would make me want to take a chance.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,261
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby tfrizz on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:04 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:

Maybe Staal and a 3rd for Barker and a 1st but even so Barker isn't a guy that has been used much on the PK.


NO WAY,for that deal...
I hope we trade Martin,Michalek,Orpik,Kunitz or MAF before we trade Staal,if...!!

I'm saying we need to get something more than the 1st rounder for Staal. Nothing on Edm really impresses me or would make me want to take a chance.


There are players on Edm that impress me... but nothing they'd give up for Staal.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,558
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby Pavel Bure on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:09 pm

tfrizz wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:I'm saying we need to get something more than the 1st rounder for Staal. Nothing on Edm really impresses me or would make me want to take a chance.


There are players on Edm that impress me... but nothing they'd give up for Staal.

Exactly. The pieces that would interest me are ones they aren't going to give up.
Pavel Bure
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,261
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm
Location: http://freebitco.in/?r=770437 BITCOINS get them

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby columbia on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Taylor Hall or bust.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 48,457
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby sil on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:01 pm

AlexPKeaton wrote:
sil wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Fleury is no longer a "great" goalie. He is the second biggest headcase goalie in the league behind Luongo. Maybe ahead of Luongo. Fleury is a solid regular season goalie and a crap playoff goalie now. I have no faith that he will ever again be good in the playoffs after this historically bad performance following the 2 prior seasons of sub-par performances. I would dump him if we had any goaltender talent at all in the system. RS needs to start drafting goalies.


Malkin also had a bad playoff this year, and showed 'headcase' status by throwing his elbow at every flyer he could in his frustration. He's had one good playoff in his career (MAF has had two), and our prospect system also has no center-depth. Is it easier for you to 'have faith' that Malkin will have no problem one day being the same dominating forward he was in 3/4 of the 2009 playoffs...even though the other 7-playoff series he's been in have shown rather poor effort and consistency?


So you are defending one of the top 3 worst all time playoff performances by a goaltender by attacking a player with 8 points in 6 playoff games.

MAF is done. There isn't a team in the league that would trade anything significant for him after that chocking dog performance. The sooner the GM realizes that and dumps his happy go lucky arse to the scrap heap the better.


Well, for starters I'm not defending MAF's bad playoffs, but I'm also not attacking Malkin. I'm simply pointing out that Geno hasn't exactly been a consistent playoff performer himself throughout his career, and that your reasons for scapegoating MAF could also be applied to Malkin for the most part.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,042
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: Did Anyone hear the Ray Shero interview

Postby sil on Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 pm

columbia wrote:Taylor Hall or bust.


Eberle > Hall. :pop:
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,042
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DesertPenguin, largegarlic, litz2010, Pavement, Pruezy11881 and 18 guests


e-mail