Shea Weber likes meatloaf

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Shea Weber likes meatloaf

Postby Gaucho on Wed May 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Rocco wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Interesting that some people seem to give MT more credit for winning the Cup than DB. And when I say interesting I actually mean something else.

MT deserves some credit. He took over a lot of the players Edzo had that refused to play defense or do basic things and had them into a well-drilled unit in short time. He made Michel Ouellet and Joe Melichar look plausibly competent. He even got Gonchar to care about defense for the first time in his career. I don't think he deserves more credit than DB, but he deserves more than a Stalinist airbrushing from history.

I certainly agree with that.
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby no name on Wed May 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Gaucho wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Interesting that some people seem to give MT more credit for winning the Cup than DB. And when I say interesting I actually mean something else.

MT deserves some credit. He took over a lot of the players Edzo had that refused to play defense or do basic things and had them into a well-drilled unit in short time. He made Michel Ouellet and Joe Melichar look plausibly competent. He even got Gonchar to care about defense for the first time in his career. I don't think he deserves more credit than DB, but he deserves more than a Stalinist airbrushing from history.

I certainly agree with that.

I got to 2nd that also.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Shea Weber...

Postby BigMcK on Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Pavel Bure wrote:Oh my God this thread went in a horrible direction.

Checked in the thread in hopes of seeing a tifosi77 picture of Weber meatloaf with garlic infused smushed potatoes, agrees with Pavel Bure's comments, leaves thread disappointed.
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Three Stars on Wed May 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Three Stars
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby BigMcK on Wed May 02, 2012 5:34 pm

Three Stars wrote:Image

Thanks Three Stars!!! That made my day better.

... now i'm hungry ...
BigMcK
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pfim on Fri May 04, 2012 12:00 pm

I had meatloaf last night. Was wrapped in bacon, had spinach and cheddar in the middle. It was good, I thought of Shea Weber.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby PghSkins on Fri May 04, 2012 2:59 pm

PghSkins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Chefpatrick871 on Fri May 04, 2012 3:58 pm

Shea!!!! The meatloaf!!!!!
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby brwi on Fri May 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Rocco wrote:

:thumb:

MT changed the culture of the franchise during his time and laid the foundation for winning the SC. Did he "deserve" to be fired when he was? The results seem to indicate "yes" but this was a fired HC that also got called by Shero and 66 after the cup to thank him for his work.

I admit that I am very surprised no one has hired MT since his departure, even with him being off the market for a while by personal choice. There are a lot of teams that could use a HC that can get you very close to winning the Cup and might have some blemishes on their record or questions about whether they can "win it all." I think he's a good HC and also a class act.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Headshot77 on Fri May 04, 2012 9:52 pm

brwi wrote:I admit that I am very surprised no one has hired MT since his departure, even with him being off the market for a while by personal choice. There are a lot of teams that could use a HC that can get you very close to winning the Cup and might have some blemishes on their record or questions about whether they can "win it all." I think he's a good HC and also a class act.

Didn't he have three years left on his contract after we fired him?
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins