Ryan Suter likes pudding pops

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Ryan Suter

Postby Nizzy on Fri May 04, 2012 2:03 am

Something just occurred to me. Everyone is talking about where Parise + Suter will end up. Minnesota, Detroit, etc.

I have a hard time imagining the Captain of the Devils is going to leave them after they make the ECF and who knows maybe they make the cup. The Devils have 22 M in cap space to sign him at his 7 million + some other big name guy?

I won't be surprised if Suter is in New Jersey next year and Brodeur on a 1M year deal to finish his career.

On the flip side is, Nashville could win the cup or even face NJD in the finals. Its going to get interesting with Suter/Parise.

However come on people there's really 0 chance either of these players come to Pittsburgh.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sil on Fri May 04, 2012 6:50 am

Nizzy wrote:However come on people there's really 0 chance either of these players come to Pittsburgh.

I'd say about 0.067% chance of Parise signing here, and about 26.82% chance of Suter signing here.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Nizzy on Fri May 04, 2012 9:23 am

sil wrote:
Nizzy wrote:However come on people there's really 0 chance either of these players come to Pittsburgh.

I'd say about 0.067% chance of Parise signing here, and about 26.82% chance of Suter signing here.

So its impossible for us to sign them both unless Staal is gone. Lets say for discussion that this won't happen. So we can't get both. Rumors are that if they leave their respective teams that they will go to a team together.

Legit options in my opinion are probably Minnesota as I believe they are both from around that area and or played pre-nhl hockey there. Or Detroit. I would also include New Jersey because they will have the cap space.

So basically Suter is going to choose Pittsburgh over New Jersey & Nashville who both went farther than the PENS, one of those teams might be the champs, both could be in the finals, over Pittsburgh? He's going to possibly ditch out on playing with his supposed best friend in Parise to come to Pittsburgh for what? "To have a chance at the cup every year"? He can do that in NJD or Nashville.

He's going to get overpaid as a UFA anyways so its not worth it for the Pens.

0 chance bro <3
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby sil on Fri May 04, 2012 10:02 am

Nizzy wrote:
sil wrote:

So its impossible for us to sign them both unless Staal is gone. Lets say for discussion that this won't happen. So we can't get both. Rumors are that if they leave their respective teams that they will go to a team together.

Legit options in my opinion are probably Minnesota as I believe they are both from around that area and or played pre-nhl hockey there. Or Detroit. I would also include New Jersey because they will have the cap space.

So basically Suter is going to choose Pittsburgh over New Jersey & Nashville who both went farther than the PENS, one of those teams might be the champs, both could be in the finals, over Pittsburgh? He's going to possibly ditch out on playing with his supposed best friend in Parise to come to Pittsburgh for what? "To have a chance at the cup every year"? He can do that in NJD or Nashville.

He's going to get overpaid as a UFA anyways so its not worth it for the Pens.

0 chance bro <3

Did you not catch the humor in my post, or did you think I really used some equation to come up with a 26.82% chance of Suter signing here? :wink: Also, simple math dicates that losing Staal ($4,000,000) and signing Parise ($7,000,000) and Suter ($6,000,000) in his stead is beyond a level of stupid known to GM kind.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Ryan Suter likes pudding pops

Postby Mr. Colby on Sat May 05, 2012 12:28 am

Detroit has 10 F, 4 D, 2 G returning and a MINIMUM of 22 million to sign 6 players.

They shouldn't have a problem fitting in Lidstrom, Suter, Quincey, Parise, Abdelkader, and Helm in ~22 million
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins