More Staal Speculation...

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby shmenguin on Thu May 24, 2012 3:30 pm

kunitz deserves to be called out for his playoff performance. particularly game 3.

with that said, i'd like to see him, sid and dupuis back together
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,908
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby no name on Thu May 24, 2012 6:53 pm

I still like Staal and Tangradi our 1st pick to Edmonton for 1st overall. Give Geno, Yakopov and move Neal to Sids line. Sid is reverting back to a play maker staying out of harms way he needs a guy who can take advantage of thoes setups.

The money you save on losing Staal, and Yakapov will sign a regulated rookie contract. You have money left over to sign a Gustead.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,061
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Pens15 on Thu May 24, 2012 6:59 pm

no name wrote:I still like Staal and Tangradi our 1st pick to Edmonton for 1st overall. Give Geno, Yakopov and move Neal to Sids line. Sid is reverting back to a play maker staying out of harms way he needs a guy who can take advantage of thoes setups.

The money you save on losing Staal, and Yakapov will sign a regulated rookie contract. You have money left over to sign a Gustead.


I'd love it. Problem is, Edmonton never does it.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,103
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Froggy on Thu May 24, 2012 7:04 pm

shmenguin wrote:kunitz deserves to be called out for his playoff performance. particularly game 3 like his entire career with the pens



fixed
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,762
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Grunthy on Thu May 24, 2012 9:18 pm

Froggy wrote:
shmenguin wrote:kunitz deserves to be called out for his playoff performance. particularly game 3 like his entire career with the pens



fixed



Kunitz was pretty good during our stanley cup runs. :pop: I agree on this last playoff though, but he was one of many.
Grunthy
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,971
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Jasmine on Thu May 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Jordan Staal is going NOWHERE!! He will play out his contract here, and his $4 salary will be freed up - along with other 'older' guys who won't be brought back - to sign a good free agent in 2013. Better to have Staal as 'insurance' in case Sid is not 100% - we know how well the Pens played with he and Geno as centers. Believe me, this is the thinking inside the Pens organization. Keep speculating if you wish, but Jordan will be here next season :D . . . period.
Jasmine
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,197
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:50 pm
Location: Where I eat, drink and sleep hockey . . . like Sid

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby MRandall25 on Thu May 24, 2012 11:09 pm

Jasmine wrote:Jordan Staal is going NOWHERE!! He will play out his contract here, and his $4 salary will be freed up - along with other 'older' guys who won't be brought back - to sign a good free agent in 2013. Better to have Staal as 'insurance' in case Sid is not 100% - we know how well the Pens played with he and Geno as centers. Believe me, this is the thinking inside the Pens organization. Keep speculating if you wish, but Jordan will be here next season :D . . . period.


You contradicted yourself at least 3 times there.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,573
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Bathgate on Thu May 24, 2012 11:16 pm

Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:16 pm

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby steelhammer on Fri May 25, 2012 12:39 am



Add in an additional draft pick and I would definitely make that deal.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,279
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:31 am
Location: Hold on, I have a stat for that.

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Pens Fan Since 1970 on Fri May 25, 2012 7:30 am



Sad and Booland can replace Stall as the player with the most mispellings of his last name on LGP. :scared:
Pens Fan Since 1970
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:00 am

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby columbia on Fri May 25, 2012 7:36 am

Stall for Boolean and Sod?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,603
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Tatu on Fri May 25, 2012 7:55 am



It would be nice if Shero drafted players like Saad.
Tatu
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 1:37 am
Location: Helsinki

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby sil on Fri May 25, 2012 8:17 am

columbia wrote:Stall for Boolean and Sod?


Make it happen Cher-O!
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,939
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby no name on Fri May 25, 2012 10:28 am

Worst trade proposal ever!!!! We fall futher from the cup as Chicago gets closer. You don't trade prospects to a team going for a cup. If you want Staal you are going to have to give us something that makes us better.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,061
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby sil on Fri May 25, 2012 10:55 am

From that article...

"A package of Bolland, Saad, another prospect and a first-round pick or two might get Staal to Chicago."

Jordan Staal for...

Dave Bolland
Brandon Saad
Philip Danault
2 first round picks


Uhhhhhhh...I'd do it.
sil
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,939
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 pm
Location: the Juice Case manufacturing plant

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby steelhammer on Fri May 25, 2012 12:41 pm

sil wrote:From that article...

"A package of Bolland, Saad, another prospect and a first-round pick or two might get Staal to Chicago."

Jordan Staal for...

Dave Bolland
Brandon Saad
Philip Danault
2 first round picks


Uhhhhhhh...I'd do it.


If we are waiting for a deal like that to come up to trade Staal, we will be waiting for a very long time. Bolland is priced a little high, but he should be entering his prime now and has already proven to be a good player in the playoffs. Saad erased all of the misconceptions about him that made him a 2nd round pick this past season. He is exactly what our organization needs in terms of a scoring winger. He'll be on a very affordable entry-level deal over the next 3 seasons and then will have value as an RFA. Prime candidate to play with Sid. One more pick would make this a fair deal. Holding onto Staal is too much to spend in a position (center) that we are already strong in.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,279
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:31 am
Location: Hold on, I have a stat for that.

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby columbia on Fri May 25, 2012 12:44 pm

"Saad brain."


^^^

Just trying that out, to see how it feels.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,603
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby jpvs2k6 on Fri May 25, 2012 12:46 pm



Too bad Shero could have just drafted Saad instead of having to give up assets for players like him. But no, why draft someone who could actually fill a need in this organization.
jpvs2k6
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:04 am

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby columbia on Fri May 25, 2012 12:55 pm

jpvs2k6 wrote:But no, why draft someone who could actually fill a need in this organization.


I'd say that they did.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,603
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby no name on Fri May 25, 2012 2:21 pm

steelhammer wrote:
sil wrote:From that article...

"A package of Bolland, Saad, another prospect and a first-round pick or two might get Staal to Chicago."

Jordan Staal for...

Dave Bolland
Brandon Saad
Philip Danault
2 first round picks


Uhhhhhhh...I'd do it.


If we are waiting for a deal like that to come up to trade Staal, we will be waiting for a very long time. Bolland is priced a little high, but he should be entering his prime now and has already proven to be a good player in the playoffs. Saad erased all of the misconceptions about him that made him a 2nd round pick this past season. He is exactly what our organization needs in terms of a scoring winger. He'll be on a very affordable entry-level deal over the next 3 seasons and then will have value as an RFA. Prime candidate to play with Sid. One more pick would make this a fair deal. Holding onto Staal is too much to spend in a position (center) that we are already strong in.



Ok we are a team going for the cup... not a team who is going to sit around and wait for prospects to mature and contribute. What we get inreturn for a player like Staal better make us imediately better for the playoffs. A Bolland doesn't make us better, and prospects won't win you cups. Get this trade out of hear.

Only way i trade Staal for a unproven player is if i get Yakopov from EDM.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,061
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby DelPen on Fri May 25, 2012 3:52 pm

no name wrote:Only way i trade Staal for a unproven player is if i get Yakopov from EDM.


:thumb:
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,073
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Pens15 on Fri May 25, 2012 4:04 pm

I don't agree with the notion that you can't trade Staal for futures, at least as part of the package. Extending that logic, the Pens should trade all of their better prospects for veterans immediately, because they are trying win NOW.

They'll be trying to win in 2, 3, 4 years from now too. They want to continue contending for a long time. And losing Staal will give you extra cap room to go out and get guys that will help win now.

But above all, it seems that it needs to be stated, yet again, if Staal is traded, the main purpose will be to avoid losing him for nothing. NOT for cap reasons, and NOT for hockey reasons. It could be pretty difficult to swing a Staal trade that makes the team better immediately, before any additional moves are made.
Pens15
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,103
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:49 pm

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby pressure=9Pa on Fri May 25, 2012 4:44 pm

Pens15 wrote:

But above all, it seems that it needs to be stated, yet again, if Staal is traded, the main purpose will be to avoid losing him for nothing. NOT for cap reasons, and NOT for hockey reasons. It could be pretty difficult to swing a Staal trade that makes the team better immediately, before any additional moves are made.


How dare you inject logic into our :scared: :scared: :scared: thread!
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 7,029
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:46 pm
Location: Northern Indiana

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby KG on Fri May 25, 2012 6:20 pm

I really think that Shero is going to find every which way to keep Staal, as he should. Shero should look to shed salary elsewhere to keep Staal and make him a more prominent player offensively....

Martin and Kennedy equal $7mill against the cap....just saying...You clear that, that will help the cause. I know that you need to replace those players, but it's a start...
KG
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,979
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: More Staal Speculation...

Postby Streaks House on Fri May 25, 2012 6:38 pm

Sod for Saad
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,488
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:16 pm
Location: Ted Carrick's Table

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


e-mail