What to do, what to do......

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

What to do, what to do......

Postby owtahear on Mon May 14, 2012 9:33 am

Staal. Sid. Geno.

I know there are 20 threads to this, but it is the topic de jeur and then some. No one is arguing talent wise. Sid and Geno are far better hockey players than Jordan. Still, Jordan is a terrific hockey player. Watching these playoffs, and the myriad of 2-1, 3-2 games, I wonder if you need two Art Ross trophy guys. If you think back to our last cup win, we won game 6 and 7 by 2-1 scores, and the big 2 didn't score any of the goals.

So what I do, is dangle all 3 out there, see who gets you the best return (likely Malkin) and trade him. Yes, you will not get a like player in return. But you can get 2-3-4 young players to add quality depth, relieve salary cap room and have a team maybe a little less fun to win, but a little more tough to play against in the playoffs. I know it is distasteful to think this, but you don't see many tic tac toe goals come playoff time, and the scrum hockey has made a comeback.

Maybe the Ducks need a shakeup. Get Bobby Ryan, Emerson Etem, Swap #1 picks, throw in a Scott Harrington and someone else going back. Hell, you got two young, dynamic lines.
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: What to do, what to do......

Postby count2infinity on Mon May 14, 2012 9:37 am

owtahear wrote:I know there are 20 threads to this.

yup...
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Can't wait for playoffs to up the dumb level ten fold in this place.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins