Crosby's CBC interview 1st period int - SC finals game 3

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby's CBC interview 1st period int - SC finals game 3

Postby Justin Catanzarite on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Crosby owes the rest of the league nothing, maybe if the other players had the foresight to see that Crosby would be in this position they wouldn't treat him like trash. Maybe it's a minority of players that call him out, but it seemed to get out of hand this past season.
Justin Catanzarite
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Kaizer on Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:58 pm

Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Streaks House on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:13 pm

Justin Catanzarite wrote:Crosby owes the rest of the league nothing, maybe if the other players had the foresight to see that Crosby would be in this position they wouldn't treat him like trash. Maybe it's a minority of players that call him out, but it seemed to get out of hand this past season.

I don't recall him being called out or trashed in regard to his involvement in the NHLPA.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Guinness on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:09 am

I think what he's saying is that it seemed as though the whole league went on a Crosby bash-fest when he came back last season. Accordingly, how the rest of the players in the league feel about Crosby's contract should rate somewhere just north of what we all feel about it, as far as he is concerned.

He should do whatever he considers to be in his best interests, and tell anyone who doesn't like it to go pound sand.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Malkamaniac on Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:26 am

Dejan and Derek got into a debate about it last night. Dejan didn't understand how it made so many people angry. Having worked for a newspaper's web department though, I knew what he was talking about, but every time we did that it came with an ED Note.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby neophool on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:31 pm

can't find this on youtube

still "not availible" on tsn.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Pens15 wrote:It absolutely IS different because of the cap. The cap makes it a zero sum game for the players. If Sid sets a higher bar for top end players, then the extra value they get comes right out of the pocket of the middle and lower tier players, whose interest Fehr is also supposed to be representing.

Under this context, his aim would be, through whatever means possible, to expand the pool of money that is allocated to player salaries. How that pie gets divided up is not so important.

EXACTLY!

The larger crosbys contract is the worse it is for the unions mid range and lower players (or more like 67% of the players union).
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:01 am

neophool wrote:can't find this on youtube

still "not availible" on tsn.

Conspiracy... :scared:
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby penny lane on Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:23 am

Shelly Anderson reports that Sid is still in LA, working out. Maybe he is staying for the kings parade.
She has a blurb in the PG about his contract. Ron Cook also has an article about Sid's contract.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Godric on Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:02 pm

Kaizer wrote:Image

I love you Kaizer
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby Factorial on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:49 am

IanMoran wrote:I mean he has to do what he did / show unity in his position.

That being said, I seem to be one of the only that think a lockout is a real possibility

57% for players is way too much, and Fehr won't let them concede anything

Why is 57% way too much for the players? I'm not sure what the % should be but in my mind the players, who are doing the work, drawing the crowds, selling the licensed products, etc should receive the majority of the "take". Power to the workers!
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:03 am

Factorial wrote:

That being said, I seem to be one of the only that think a lockout is a real possibility

Why is 57% way too much for the players? I'm not sure what the % should be but in my mind the players, who are doing the work, drawing the crowds, selling the licensed products, etc should receive the majority of the "take". Power to the workers!

Agree. The players are the ones putting their lives on the line for sake of entertainment. I don't think 57% is really too much to ask for.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby no name on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:52 pm

CERV96 wrote:
Factorial wrote:

Agree. The players are the ones putting their lives on the line for sake of entertainment. I don't think 57% is really too much to ask for.

There would be no teams for these guys to play on if it wasn't for the ownsers fronting their money. They run the show behind the scenes, they ae the ones at risk of losing the money. It should be a clean 50/50 split.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby MRandall25 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:27 pm

no name wrote:
CERV96 wrote:
Factorial wrote:

There would be no teams for these guys to play on if it wasn't for the ownsers fronting their money. They run the show behind the scenes, they ae the ones at risk of losing the money. It should be a clean 50/50 split.

The owners have other business investments that would/could more than make up for hockey losses. Like it was said, not like the owners are out there at risk for concussions and injuries that lessen quality of life.

I mean, look around at some of the owners. Mike Ilitch, Terry Pegula. They've all made their money elsewhere. Giving a little more to the players isn't going to bankrupt them.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby It'sagreatdayforhockey! on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:43 am

MRandall25 wrote:I mean, look around at some of the owners. Mike Ilitch, Terry Pegula. They've all made their money elsewhere. Giving a little more to the players isn't going to bankrupt them.

Huh, wonder which political party you support.
It'sagreatdayforhockey!
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 am

It'sagreatdayforhockey! wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:I mean, look around at some of the owners. Mike Ilitch, Terry Pegula. They've all made their money elsewhere. Giving a little more to the players isn't going to bankrupt them.

Huh, wonder which political party you support.

What's politics have to do with the fact NHL owners have other sources of income outside the NHL?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Rylan on Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:22 am

50/50 split. Without one the other doesn't exist. As such, 50/50 but I could understand 55/45 players to owners.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins