The Brandon Sutter Appreciation Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: The Brandon Sutter Appreciation Thread

Postby steelhammer on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 am

Sarcastic wrote:
Sabres_Fan wrote:Sutter has 2 more years on his deal. I think after its up he's outta Pgh. He made it pretty clear he wants to be used more offensively and he didnt have that chance in Carolina and he sure as heck isnt going to get that chance in Pgh as long as Malkin, Crosby, Neal are on the roster. I know Shero had to do what he needed to do but to me trading 1 year of Staal for 2 years of Sutter isnt that great of a deal (yes I know they got a 1st rd'er and a prospect but they may never see the NHL)

That's purely wishful thinking on your part.

Fixed.
steelhammer
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sarcastic on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 am

steelhammer wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Sabres_Fan wrote:Sutter has 2 more years on his deal. I think after its up he's outta Pgh. He made it pretty clear he wants to be used more offensively and he didnt have that chance in Carolina and he sure as heck isnt going to get that chance in Pgh as long as Malkin, Crosby, Neal are on the roster. I know Shero had to do what he needed to do but to me trading 1 year of Staal for 2 years of Sutter isnt that great of a deal (yes I know they got a 1st rd'er and a prospect but they may never see the NHL)

Fixed.

lol, yeah. That's how his comment reads, but I didn't want to be rude cuz he's an OK poster.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby stinky on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:42 am

Sarcastic wrote:
steelhammer wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:

Fixed.

lol, yeah. That's how his comment reads, but I didn't want to be rude cuz he's an OK poster.

Yah, to say a prospect like Dumo MAY never see the NHL is silly. Yes, he MAY never see the NHL, but there is a VERY good chance he will be a top 4 defenseman in this league. He has proven to be an elite college defenseman at the ripe old age of 19. To use your logic, I could say that Jordon Staal MAY have a career ending injury and never see the ice again (there is a small chance). This isn’t 1 year of Staal for 2 years of Sutter (by the way you act like Sutter isn’t a great player in his own right), this is 2 years of a very good third line center, 2 very good dmen prospects AND flexibility to rebuild your team to address weakness. Frankly three good players and flexibility / trading chips exceeds Staals value in my opinion, not to mention that you got this return from a player that would choose not to be here in a year.
stinky
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins