Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Fire0nice228 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:19 am

Bunkerman535 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Guess Bunkerman and the rest of PA's blood relatives can now go troll Avalanche boards.

If the Penguins don't sign Parise or Suter you will be crying that the Pens didn't sign Parenteau. With out signing a big free agent the Staal trade is a disaster. Take the yinzer glasses off and look at it objectively.

PAP is not and never will be a big free agent. Just another mediocre player whose can be easily replaced.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby darkstar57 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:19 am

NPR now thank you very much
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Postby shmenguin on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:24 am

it's a bit of apples an oranges, but it's funny that Neal's only making 1 mill more than this guy next year
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Zach6668 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:35 pm

jpvs2k6 wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Guess Bunkerman and the rest of PA's blood relatives can now go troll Avalanche boards.

With out signing a big free agent the Staal trade is a disaster. Take the yinzer glasses off and look at it objectively.

Please tell me how getting an 8th overall pick, NHL-caliber player and highly-rated defense prospect for a player who did not plan to be here past this season is a disaster.

Staal was going to walk. Now he can enjoy his millions, playing with his brother and facing number one defense pairings a year earlier, and at least the Penguins got something quality in return.

I fail to see how signing PAP to an inflated contract makes that trade a bigger win.

And that cleared up what, just 2 million extra anyways?

Maybe you can call the Michalek trade a disaster as that was a clear case of dumping salary, but that's even a stretch, imo.
Zach6668
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitt87 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Zach6668 wrote:
jpvs2k6 wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:

With out signing a big free agent the Staal trade is a disaster. Take the yinzer glasses off and look at it objectively.

Please tell me how getting an 8th overall pick, NHL-caliber player and highly-rated defense prospect for a player who did not plan to be here past this season is a disaster.

Staal was going to walk. Now he can enjoy his millions, playing with his brother and facing number one defense pairings a year earlier, and at least the Penguins got something quality in return.

I fail to see how signing PAP to an inflated contract makes that trade a bigger win.

And that cleared up what, just 2 million extra anyways?

Maybe you can call the Michalek trade a disaster as that was a clear case of dumping salary, but that's even a stretch, imo.

I think the point is that Sutter is NOT an upgrade over Staal, which I don't think anyone would argue, so we should expect to upgrade the top 2 lines at the expense of Staal.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins