Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Cr@zy871 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:56 am

Idoit40fans wrote:Yes, players always plan out their post game interviews.

It wasn't a post game interview... It was an interview he did with Puck Daddy discussing his season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_d ... nhl,118770
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am

Cr@zy871 wrote:
seabiscuit wrote:
Cr@zy871 wrote:I think people seem to forget that Semin made all of those comments bashing Crosby a couple years ago... Something along the lines of him not having good hands and Patrick Kane was a better player than him...

So why would our captain, who just agreed to a 12 yr deal, want this guy on his line when there is obvious dislike between the two... :pop:

I believe Tocchet beat the snot out of Troy loney a few days before they became teammates.

That's different though... Those things happen spur of the moment. I'm sure Tocchet didn't start the game saying "Im gonna try to fight Troy today because he is a bad player (Crosby and Nisky fought each other too). Semin obviously put some thought into making these comments.

Seriously... the trolling never seems to end! You can't really be making a case that we wouldn't sign the best available winger because of some stupid thing he said YEARS ago, can you?

Sid also said he hates the Flyers, so clearly he and Max are now enemies... :scared: :roll: :shock: :face: :slug:
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:02 am

The originator of this thread HAS to be trolling. I can't fathom any way that this or his other thread could have been serious
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Cr@zy871 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:04 am

I'm not trying to troll I am just stating that there is equal dislike on both sides, so WHY would either side agree to the deal. After making those comments, what would lead you to believe that Semin would want to play in Pittsburgh???

I agree that Semin is uber talented (when he tries), I was just reminding people that there were past issues between the two.
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pugilist13 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:05 am

Mr. Colby wrote:The originator of this thread HAS to be trolling. I can't fathom any way that this or his other thread could have been serious

Yep, he should fit right in then.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Nizzy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:05 am

@mikey

-Tangradi: um has only played with Craig Adams for parts of a year, on the 4th line, only a few shfits a night. He looked much better in 1-2 playoff games with more playing time. It's time for him to be a 3rd line starter besides Sutter, or trade him. He's completely worthless as a 4th liner, he needs to be top 9. Give him a consistent 20 games in the top 9 before we write him off?
-Bennett: Beau will be a bust. Right it on your website and get back to me bro. Kid just looks soft too.

agreed with everything else in your awesome post.

----
We aren't getting Parise.
I think we make decent trading partners still for one of Ryan/Setoguchi
I want to say PAP is trash but the last time we picked up the Islanders trash I thought we would be the 10th seed, we were but then somehow went on a run and won a cup. :shock:
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jimjom on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 am

Semin was close to being in the top 5 in the league IMO a few years back but then he essentially put the brakes on his development in the 2010 season and his production dropped by 30 points from 2009 levels. I'd pass (thank you wikipedia for stats)

If Parise is not available I'd take a flyer on Doan or Parenteau and re-up Sully.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Nizzy on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:15 am

oh yeah and Semin... lmao hiliarious. He was my "joke guy" in the NHL playoffs the last few years. Don't be a fool and watch his contract year.
Nizzy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby columbia on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:16 am

Well, they will need a new whipping boy if Martin is traded.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby mikey287 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:23 am

Nizzy wrote:@mikey

-Tangradi: um has only played with Craig Adams for parts of a year, on the 4th line, only a few shfits a night. He looked much better in 1-2 playoff games with more playing time. It's time for him to be a 3rd line starter besides Sutter, or trade him. He's completely worthless as a 4th liner, he needs to be top 9. Give him a consistent 20 games in the top 9 before we write him off?
-Bennett: Beau will be a bust. Right it on your website and get back to me bro. Kid just looks soft too.

agreed with everything else in your awesome post.

Sounds like Tangradi needs some time on the top line for $800,000 instead of $4.5 million. Sounds like Bennett is Parenteau, except we pay him $50 instead of $4 million...so, I'd say, that's pretty much the point...if we're feeling stupid and lucky, we might as well promote from within and hope for snake eyes...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby She'sTheFastest on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:53 am

Semin...on your face!
She'sTheFastest
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Streaks House on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:12 pm

If a professional athlete realizes they are in the best situation to perform at a high level/compete for a championship, I'm pretty sure they'll forget what was said in the past pretty quickly. These aren't high school girls.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby shmenguin on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 pm

yeah, it's like how everyone loathes hartnell, but then he's the bell of the ball at all star weekend. these guys have short memories.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jimjom on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:44 pm

The only guy I can recall hearing about holding on to a feud or some sort of dispute is Erik Cole's views on Orpik.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Cr@zy871 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:25 pm

I think I might hold a grudge if someone broke my neck... :D
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Pitt87 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Cr@zy871 wrote:I'm not trying to troll I am just stating that there is equal dislike on both sides, so WHY would either side agree to the deal. After making those comments, what would lead you to believe that Semin would want to play in Pittsburgh???

I agree that Semin is uber talented (when he tries), I was just reminding people that there were past issues between the two.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

\feeding the troll...
Pitt87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby Cr@zy871 on Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:37 pm

Pitt87 wrote:
Cr@zy871 wrote:I'm not trying to troll I am just stating that there is equal dislike on both sides, so WHY would either side agree to the deal. After making those comments, what would lead you to believe that Semin would want to play in Pittsburgh???

You have no idea what you're talking about.

\feeding the troll...

I just did prove it in the previous post with both a quote and link to the article... But who am I to argue with you Pitt87 as you are obviously the most knowledgeable hockey guru on the board...

Again, not trying to troll just refreshing those who were not aware, like yourself. I don't even know why I am arguing about this, as you obviously have no counter argument other than to say "you have no idea what you are talking about."

So please, enlighten me.
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby offsides on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:48 pm

So much for Madden love.

"Parenteau, who had 67 points for the New York Islanders last season, has agreed to a four-year contract with the Colorado Avalanche, the team announced Sunday.

TSN reported the deal is worth $16 million."
offsides
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby drtofu66 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:58 pm

offsides wrote:So much for Madden love.

"Parenteau, who had 67 points for the New York Islanders last season, has agreed to a four-year contract with the Colorado Avalanche, the team announced Sunday.

Good for PA. But if Shero gave him that contract, I'd vomit. Twice.
drtofu66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PghSkins on Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Guess Bunkerman and the rest of PA's blood relatives can now go troll Avalanche boards.
PghSkins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bunkerman535 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:03 pm

PghSkins wrote:Guess Bunkerman and the rest of PA's blood relatives can now go troll Avalanche boards.

If the Penguins don't sign Parise or Suter you will be crying that the Pens didn't sign Parenteau. With out signing a big free agent the Staal trade is a disaster. Take the yinzer glasses off and look at it objectively.
Bunkerman535

Postby bhaw on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Guess Bunkerman and the rest of PA's blood relatives can now go troll Avalanche boards.

If the Penguins don't sign Parise or Suter you will be crying that the Pens didn't sign Parenteau. With out signing a big free agent the Staal trade is a disaster. Take the yinzer glasses off and look at it objectively.

Because this statement is objectively backed up with proof and reason...
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:43 pm

SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby pfim on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:00 am

offsides wrote:So much for Madden love.

Dodged a bullet. $4 million per? Holy cow.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby jpvs2k6 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:17 am

Bunkerman535 wrote:

With out signing a big free agent the Staal trade is a disaster. Take the yinzer glasses off and look at it objectively.

Please tell me how getting an 8th overall pick, NHL-caliber player and highly-rated defense prospect for a player who did not plan to be here past this season is a disaster.

Staal was going to walk. Now he can enjoy his millions, playing with his brother and facing number one defense pairings a year earlier, and at least the Penguins got something quality in return.

I fail to see how signing PAP to an inflated contract makes that trade a bigger win.
jpvs2k6

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins