Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Streaks House on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
sil wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.

Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.

Parenteau had more points than any Penguin not named Malkin or Neal on a very average team. He would probably be on the top line as well. My guess is unless a guy is wearing a Penguins jersey in your mind he's a minor leaguer. By the way Parise had 69 points to Parenteau's 67. Does that make Parise a minor leaguer?

I guess PAP is better than Alex Ovechkin, Corey Perry, Rick Nash, and Bobby Ryan too? Since last year, each had the following number of points, respectively, 65/60/59/57.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Corvidae on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:00 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:Btw people like me exists to keep people like you in line.

Ah, the Mall Cops of the internet. Beware their Segway of in-your-face tell you wassup.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby SolidSnake on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:01 pm

lol he must be Parenteau's agent
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: "Whatcha you be smokin' cuz? you guys aren't nothing but hoopty"

Postby Streaks House on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 pm

SolidSnake wrote:lol he must be Parenteau's agent

Allan Walsh. Oh God.

:scared: :scared: :scared:
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:05 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:
sil wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.

Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.

Parenteau had more points than any Penguin not named Malkin or Neal on a very average team. He would probably be on the top line as well. My guess is unless a guy is wearing a Penguins jersey in your mind he's a minor leaguer. By the way Parise had 69 points to Parenteau's 67. Does that make Parise a minor leaguer?

Why do people say things when they don't know anything of what they're talking about...? I just don't get the draw. Why would someone like that exist?

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain

Funny coming from a guy with 9000 post all professing to have knowledge. Pretty funny how when a guy disagrees with your point of view he quotes Mark Twain. I guess that's to show us your intellect . Why don't you tell us why you dislike Parenteau. Btw people like me exists to keep people like you in line.

Why don't you take a break from "keeping me in line" and pay more attention, instead of making a new thread every time you have one of your "thoughts" - I call them that because I believe they originated in the brain though they seem to have exited the body via the rectum - you could read a different thread where this has been discussed ad nauseum: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59076&p=2139443&hilit=parenteau+rugged#p2139437
Last edited by mikey287 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Boom.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Corvidae on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:14 pm

Nizcanaan wrote:Boom.

Stop trying to ruin this perfectly good thread with you fecal related onomatopoeia.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:17 pm

Whew. Good thing we'll only carry 13 forwards and PA will be sent to WB/S where he belongs.[/quote]
Parenteau had more points than any Penguin not named Malkin or Neal on a very average team. He would probably be on the top line as well. My guess is unless a guy is wearing a Penguins jersey in your mind he's a minor leaguer. By the way Parise had 69 points to Parenteau's 67. Does that make Parise a minor leaguer?[/quote]

Why do people say things when they don't know anything of what they're talking about...? I just don't get the draw. Why would someone like that exist?

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain[/quote]
Funny coming from a guy with 9000 post all professing to have knowledge. Pretty funny how when a guy disagrees with your point of view he quotes Mark Twain. I guess that's to show us your intellect . Why don't you tell us why you dislike Parenteau. Btw people like me exists to keep people like you in line.[/quote]

Why don't you take a break from "keeping me in line" and pay more attention, instead of making a new thread every time you have one of your "thoughts" - I call them that because I believe they originated in the brain though they seem to have exited the body via the rectum - you could ready a different thread where this has been discussed ad nauseum: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=59076&p=2139443&hilit=parenteau+rugged#p2139437[/quote]
Once again really interesting coming from a guy with over 9000 post. Amazing how you sit on this site 24/7 you think you have more knowledge than others. You think your funny but your post are boorish and immature . This topic is relevant as it relates to the number one issue right now. If you don't like it just go to the next thread. The message board doesn't need you to pass judgement on others post. But thanks for showing intrest o great one. :scared:
Bunkerman535

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:20 pm

So...about Parenteau...I answer your concerns...you answered with gibberish. While "gibberish" was the odds-on favorite to win, it still leaves a lot to be desired. I think you need to go away now, so I'm going to actively pursue that...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby SoupOrSam on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:21 pm

Lynch Bunkerman535.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

Postby DudeMan2766 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm not sure whats more confusing. That its so GDamn difficult to not make a new thread every time someone has a single thought about free agency, or the fact these are the threads that get multiple pages. Just post in the damn free agent thread.
DudeMan2766
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:34 pm

The reason threads like these get multiple pages is the same reason people slow down for a car wreck.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby MRandall25 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Is Bunkerman one of Mark Madden's aliases? Tim Benz is that you?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Mongoose87 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 pm

The pirates should sign mikey287. He knows how to swing at a slow pitch better than 90% of their roster.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 pm

SoupOrSam wrote:Lynch Bunkerman535.

Thanks! Would your hero Ron Paul approve of this violence? You were a occupy guy were you not? The "we are the 99%" crowd post were real good.
Bunkerman535

Postby columbia on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:39 pm

This is a strange exercise in Internet revenge.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:42 pm

ok, since this thread could use some actual logic, HERE'S why i personally don't want parenteau on this team, and why looking at stats without reading stats is deceptive.

really, only one point, i guess... 19 of parenteau's 67 points came on the power play. he isn't going to log significant minutes on our power play. that puts his even strength numbers at 12g, 32a, 44 pts...

44 even strength points playing on a bad team, but also on a team without many options. SOMEONE is gonna get points. not to mention the fact that the a guy is a mediocre skater at best and pretty much fails the eyeball test.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blurryhaze312 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:46 pm

If anything, mikey should post more. The guy has been absolute gold as of late, especially with all the draft insight and pleb flogging. :lol:
blurryhaze312
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Froggy wrote:ok, since this thread could use some actual logic, HERE'S why i personally don't want parenteau on this team, and why looking at stats without reading stats is deceptive.

really, only one point, i guess... 19 of parenteau's 67 points came on the power play. he isn't going to log significant minutes on our power play. that puts his even strength numbers at 12g, 32a, 44 pts...

44 even strength points playing on a bad team, but also on a team without many options. SOMEONE is gonna get points. not to mention the fact that the a guy is a mediocre skater at best and pretty much fails the eyeball test.

Good point but also consider Neal getting 30 on the PP would take him down to 51. You would also Parenteau to put up better numbers playing with Sid or Geno. Good point though! Finally a rational thought, not just Parenteau horrible. :D
Bunkerman535

Postby shmenguin on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:54 pm

Recchi scored 68 points in 07 and was a turd. I don't know enough about P.A. to say he's also turdish, but it is possible to put up points despite yourself.

With that said, columbias right. both extremes are annoying.
shmenguin
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cr@zy871 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:15 pm

I don't understand the OP's obsession with Parenteau??? He is a fringe NHLer that benefited from playing on a top line between two, 30 goal scorers, and being on the top PP unit...I would be willing to bet he had a fair amount of secondary assists to pad the stats. He had the 3rd most icetime amost forwards on NYI, which goes to show you how little offensive depth the Islanders had.

We don't need more setup men, as we already have two of the best. We need a winger that can finish the plays that Crosby/Malkin create... He aint the guy, guy! :face:
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby spiritfan on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:19 pm

Haha... more threads and then quotes Twain? an obvious blue shirter.
spiritfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby bhaw on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:21 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
Froggy wrote:ok, since this thread could use some actual logic, HERE'S why i personally don't want parenteau on this team, and why looking at stats without reading stats is deceptive.

Good point but also consider Neal getting 30 on the PP would take him down to 51. You would also Parenteau to put up better numbers playing with Sid or Geno. Good point though! Finally a rational thought, not just Parenteau horrible. :D

You missed his point apparently. Neal got 30 on the PP because he got PP time. It's logical to assume a guy who played on our 1st PP all year will continue to do so. Froggy is saying PA won't get time here (due to having Sid, Malkin, Neal, Letang, Kunitz, etc etc) in front of him. So he's not likely to get those PP points.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:27 pm

bhaw wrote:
Bunkerman535 wrote:

You missed his point apparently. Neal got 30 on the PP because he got PP time. It's logical to assume a guy who played on our 1st PP all year will continue to do so. Froggy is saying PA won't get time here (due to having Sid, Malkin, Neal, Letang, Kunitz, etc etc) in front of him. So he's not likely to get those PP points.

You apparently didn't read my entire response. Parenteau production will be higher playing with Sid and Geno. Also he will get some time on PP.
Bunkerman535

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:29 pm

Parenteau outperformed Parise only because Parise was hurt for a large stretch last season. The fact that you didn't realize that simple fact doesn't give you much credibility.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins