Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Parenteau Now Getting Love From Madden KD Pomp!

Postby Froggy on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:31 pm

his production won't necessarily increase. look at poni. productive player on a bad team... crap player on a good team.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Fire0nice228 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm sure the PAP-Crosby-Dupuis line would make Sid slobber all over himself to sign a mega deal.

Parise played in all 82 games last season.. played thru injury?
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Fire0nice228 wrote:I'm sure the PAP-Crosby-Dupuis line would make Sid slobber all over himself to sign a mega deal.

Parise played in all 82 games last season.. played thru injury?

Nope you're right. Total brain fart on my part. I apologize to Bannerman.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:35 pm

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Parenteau outperformed Parise only because Parise was hurt for a large stretch last season. The fact that you didn't realize that simple fact doesn't give you much credibility.

He played 82 games. You must be thinking of Zajac, a simple fact that doesn't give you any credibility. :face:
Bunkerman535

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:37 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Parenteau outperformed Parise only because Parise was hurt for a large stretch last season. The fact that you didn't realize that simple fact doesn't give you much credibility.

He played 82 games. You must be thinking of Zajac, a simple fact that doesn't give you any credibility. :face:

Yep. Totally screwed that one up. My apologies.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cr@zy871 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:45 pm

Bunkerman, I am just don't really understand what you think Parenteau is going to add to this team??? He doesn't score even-strength (12esg '11-12 and 11esg '10-11), and he wouldn't get much (if any) PP time here, so what value does he add???
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Cr@zy871 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Just to try to rationalize this even further... TK had 11esg in 60 GP this season, while getting 4 min less icetime/game AND playing on our 3rd line...
Cr@zy871
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Parenteau is repped by Allan Walsh, also agent to Pascal Dupuis, Vokoun, and MAF. He's probably whispering in GMRS's ear.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Streaks House on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:09 pm

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Parenteau is repped by Allan Walsh, also agent to Pascal Dupuis, Vokoun, and MAF. He's probably whispering in GMRS's ear.

Allan Walsh makes me sick. Dude is obnoxious on Twitter.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Does anyone know how many points does Parenteau have in the playoffs?

I know Parise has plenty.

Parise=clutch

Parenteau=?

Would rather pay extra money for a lock than a chance. I could care less what they do in the regular season. I can think of 3-4 other free agents or trade attempts after Parise before I would think of going after Parenteau.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Bunkerman535 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:42 pm

Cr@zy871 wrote:Bunkerman, I am just don't really understand what you think Parenteau is going to add to this team??? He doesn't score even-strength (12esg '11-12 and 11esg '10-11), and he wouldn't get much (if any) PP time here, so what value does he add???

I don't think the Pens can afford Parise if the salary goes above $6.75 million. Especially if they want to add a big D. Parenteau is the kind of player who if put in the right situation could bust out ( see James Neal, and before all the haters chime in I'm not comparing the two.) He also will in all likelihood command about half the money as Parise. Who else out there other than Parise fits all aspects better? Again believe me love to see Parise just don't think it can work.
Bunkerman535

Postby mikey287 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
Cr@zy871 wrote:Bunkerman, I am just don't really understand what you think Parenteau is going to add to this team??? He doesn't score even-strength (12esg '11-12 and 11esg '10-11), and he wouldn't get much (if any) PP time here, so what value does he add???

I don't think the Pens can afford Parise if the salary goes above $6.75 million. Especially if they want to add a big D. Parenteau is the kind of player who if put in the right situation could bust out ( see James Neal, and before all the haters chime in I'm not comparing the two.) He also will in all likelihood command about half the money as Parise. Who else out there other than Parise fits all aspects better? Again believe me love to see Parise just don't think it can work.

So the answer to not getting the target is to over-spend on an also-ran? That's not really sound managing, IMO. For instance, if we missed on Ryan Suter at $8 million...you'd be ok with getting Paul Martin...at...$5...mil.....lion...? Ok, sore subject...

That's not how I would manage anything...it doesn't make sense. "Well, if I can't have the best car on the market for $100K will you take $75K for this Prius...?" I get the whole "let's try to catch lightning in a bottle" type player and hope he "busts out" but it's too late with Parenteau...he already played over his head, now this is when the suckers step in and get suckered in...that's right now. The idea for plan B would be to go after someone that hasn't already done this...like a Guillaume Latendresse who would come cheaply but has terrific skill and can play anywhere in the lineup...you have to know what's out there around the league that hasn't been utilized yet...you have to think...many people (GMs included) do not think on July 1st...thinking is essential to the thought process...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Liverlips on Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am

Corvidae wrote:
bhaw wrote:I think there should be a poll... you can only vote for

1. PA is an AHLer
2. PA is a guaranteed top line winger who will score 80+ points

No middle ground answers as that means you are not a true hockey fan.

Any real Penguin fan knows this is a trick question.

The answer is:

3. "PA is... who cares? We're signing Parise and Suter and both will take hometown discounts for teh sid!"

Point of order: Don't you have to actually be from the town in order to offer a hometown discount?
Liverlips
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mongoose87 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:21 am

Liverlips wrote:
Corvidae wrote:

1. PA is an AHLer

The answer is:

3. "PA is... who cares? We're signing Parise and Suter and both will take hometown discounts for teh sid!"

Point of order: Don't you have to actually be from the town in order to offer a hometown discount?

The "hometown" part refers to the home of the fans suggesting it, not he players signing it.
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby canaan on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:08 am

what?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby count2infinity on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:11 am

mikey287 wrote:thinking is essential to the thought process...

i lol'd.
count2infinity
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Corvidae on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:15 am

Liverlips wrote:Point of order: Don't you have to actually be from the town in order to offer a hometown discount?

Not when teh sid and Mario are involved. Players will leave billions on the table to flock to their rank.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:19 am

Mongoose87 wrote:
Liverlips wrote:
Corvidae wrote:

1. PA is an AHLer

The answer is:

The "hometown" part refers to the home of the fans suggesting it, not he players signing it.

I thought it was a hometown discount because they are both Americans and Pittsburgh is in America.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Pitt87 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:Everyone is now on the P A Parenteau bandwagon. It will be Parenteau getting the big push from the Penguins not Parise. For the Parise and Crosby are friends crowd, Sid has been a big fan of Parenteau for years. There are numerous quotes from Sid about P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.

Quote one...

Starting to think that this guy is trolling... second thread started saying that there are 'numerous sources' without including one...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Postby tozzie on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:49 pm

sil wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I am not familiar with this Madden KD Pomp fellow but he sounds like a trustworthy gentleman. How does one follow such a scribe on that Twitter device.

I think it's referring to Mark Madden...who I believe is one of these two gents...

Image Image

The guy on the right looks more trustworthy, so it has to be him
tozzie

Postby bhaw on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:11 pm

Pitt87 wrote:Quote one...

Starting to think that this guy is trolling... second thread started saying that there are 'numerous sources' without including one...

It's getting to the point where it's hard to distinguish trolling from just how people actually are.

Apparently no one reads the board rules about checking for already posted topics but go straight to the name calling so they can point out how people should be banned for pointing out their idiotic and redundant posts.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby 71 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:29 pm

Meh, the guy reminds me of Michel Ouellet circa 2006. He has hands and good offensive zone instincts but can't skate well enough to continuously stay in a top 6 role. Ouellet rode Geno's coattails and empty power-play production to a 49 point season that year much as Pareneau did this season, albeit to a lesser extent in terms of the latter. If we were signing him to take over TK's role at around the same term I'm in but to suggest he is a legit top 6 option to pair with Sid is not a good plan. At that point why not just bring back Sully at a lower AAV and at less term?
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby PghSkins on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:28 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:Everyone is now on the P A Parenteau bandwagon. It will be Parenteau getting the big push from the Penguins not Parise. For the Parise and Crosby are friends crowd, Sid has been a big fan of Parenteau for years. There are numerous quotes from Sid about P A. Looks like a legit #15 on the team this year.

Are you PA's Dad?

Brother?
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby joker10277 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:40 pm

I'd still take B.Boyes before PAP and Sully, hope RS feels the same...........
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby SoupOrSam on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:00 pm

Bunkerman535 wrote:
SoupOrSam wrote:Lynch Bunkerman535.

Thanks! Would your hero Ron Paul approve of this violence? You were a occupy guy were you not? The "we are the 99%" crowd post were real good.

I am a Ron Paul fan. Did I do any occupying? No. Do I even remember making a post about occupying? Nope.

But back on topic.... Your hero PA is a turd. Not trying to hurt your feelings, but we had guys just like him. Satan comes to mind. The soft/floateresque play doesn't suit DB's style.

I'm not really interested in signing him for a few million per and burying him on the 3rd and 4th lines when he doesn't produce. I'm looking for a real thing. Shero has the money. He doesn't have to "guess" or "hope" this time.
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Wanna fight? Why don't you stick your head up my butt and fight for air.

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins