Crosby Re-Signed - 8.7 per 12 years!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Crosby Re-Signed - 8.7 per 12 years!

Postby littlemoonboot on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:03 pm

I just thought of the Habs fans that believed that Crosby was going to come play for them and I :lol: :lol: :lol:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby duke66 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:31 pm

littlemoonboot wrote:I just thought of the Habs fans that believed that Crosby was going to come play for them and I :lol: :lol: :lol:

:thumb: nodda finga!
duke66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Froggy on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:44 pm

somewhere, there is a canadian sportswriter thinking of a way to portray this as outright treason
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby darkstar57 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:59 pm

@BizNasty2point0

If you're having a bad day today just remember Crosby's agent made another 3.1 million dollars
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

Re: Crosby Re-Signed?

Postby marek on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:09 pm

darkstar57 wrote:8.7 million for a second line center, what is shero thinking!!!!!!

I just peed in my pants after reading that! Thx darkstar! Lol
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:14 pm

Malkamaniac wrote:
Pens15 wrote:Not to interrupt the love fest, but this isn't just Sid doing the Pens a favor. There is significant risk here for the team if Crosby has future health issues. Sid traded potential extra money for more security right now.

One word: AFLAC

While that may be the case, I'm 100% convinced that Crosby had neck issues and not Head issues. Once they "re-diagnosed" his injury, he was on the ice in no time.

That being said, the Pens are smart enough to understand the risk and you still sign this guy. His name alone will re-pay all the money if not most of it back in Jersey sales/merchandise.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby marek on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Hawkeynut wrote:You have to wonder just how important winning that cup has been to keeping Sid in a Pens uniform for life.

Had we not won by now, you would have to wonder if he would have wanted to experiment with another team to see if he could win there. With one cup already in the books, I am sure he now believes that the Pens have what it takes, just have to find the right combo of guys again.

Food for thought.

Really all this says is how quality a person both Mario and Ron Burkle are. Sid would bail in an instant if he didn't feel comfortable. Based on this signing, the Penguins are CLEARLY the best organization in the NHL.
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DesertPenguin on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:42 pm

That cap hit looked good 5 years ago when he signed it and the cap was at what, 50 million? Now, it looks fantastic. The only trick now will be genos contract. Last time around, crosby was the more established player, so geno asking for what sid got was fair or maybe even generous at the time. Now, geno taking might not be happy with 8.7m. Would shero blink at giving him 10? I doubt it, but its sort of an awkward situation for him.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:53 pm

this is when Pittsburgh had Sid... 100 point ovation in 2006. Sid had me at OT winner against the flyers. :!:

Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG
Brisson, on 87's ties to Pgh: "He went to this franchise when franchise was really at the bottom and was part of buildup of the franchise."
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Pens Inside Scoop ‏@PensInsideScoop

... Crosby is emotionally attached to the fans, the city of Pittsburgh and the organization -SK
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Geno will sign for the exact same contract value 1 year from now. He might sign for a slightly less duration.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Geezer on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Donald Fehr may put a bounty out on Sid. This kind of attitude is treason in his book. He's kind of busy now trying to rally the troops to insist on removing the salary cap at all costs.
Geezer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby marek on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:08 pm

Geezer wrote:Donald Fehr may put a bounty out on Sid. This kind of attitude is treason in his book. He's kind of busy now trying to rally the troops to insist on removing the salary cap at all costs.

If I were in Sid's entourage my reply to Fehr would be "shero hardballed us... Health issues and all... We are stoked to have 100 mil in the bank"

Welcome to PR 101... Lol
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:15 pm

marek wrote:
Geezer wrote:Donald Fehr may put a bounty out on Sid. This kind of attitude is treason in his book. He's kind of busy now trying to rally the troops to insist on removing the salary cap at all costs.

If I were in Sid's entourage my reply to Fehr would be "shero hardballed us... Health issues and all... We are stoked to have 100 mil in the bank"

Welcome to PR 101... Lol

Fehr is on the record saying that they would be fine with the current CBA. Donald doesn't want to have a work stoppage, trust me. He's a smart man. Now, in the NEXT CBA in whatever years they have down the road, you will see more aggression. The NHLPA is gonna play this really cool and make the owners look bad by making it seem like they are the ones trying to take everything away.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby joker10277 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Bioshock wrote:
marek wrote:

Welcome to PR 101... Lol

Fehr is on the record saying that they would be fine with the current CBA. Donald doesn't want to have a work stoppage, trust me. He's a smart man. Now, in the NEXT CBA in whatever years they have down the road, you will see more aggression. The NHLPA is gonna play this really cool and make the owners look bad by making it seem like they are the ones trying to take everything away.

Hes the jerk that ruined baseball..................end of story...nothing else needs to be said.......
joker10277
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Crosby Re-Signed?

Postby JS© on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Bioshock wrote:Well, we have known for weeks now that it would be 9 million. Love the national media has finally caught up with the biggest non-story in the NHL.

we have?

Bioshock wrote:

I see ;)
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Bioshock on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:26 pm

joker10277 wrote:
Bioshock wrote:
marek wrote:

Welcome to PR 101... Lol

Hes the jerk that ruined baseball..................end of story...nothing else needs to be said.......

Lol, You're such a Joker.
Bioshock
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:18 pm

Sarcastic wrote:Time to buy a Crosby jersey cuz he's gonna be here, um, forever.

B-I-N-G-O!!!

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ILikeTurtles on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:37 pm

This is going to make NHL13 GM mode awesome, that stinker in the game always wanted a boat load of cash.
ILikeTurtles
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby canaan on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:45 pm

I looked at this guys numbers for last year...consider me not impressed would rather have had Parenteau.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:47 pm

Look what happened to me. Today. An hour ago. I was downloading an adult movie. You know how you get those captcha things. This is what came out. On this day. It's gotta be some kind of sign.

Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:53 pm

:pop:
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Froggy on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:59 pm

see, what i would have done was just cropped out everything but the captchka, and said look what came up on this website today. that way, no one gets skeeved out...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Sam's Drunk Dog on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:01 pm

Yrpres to Pens (E5)
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby darkstar57 on Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:02 pm

I don't think so, just because sid's cap hit is 8.7 million a year, its also a front load deal in terms of actual payout he is getting 100 million dollars, that's a lot of cash. if you told me 10 years ago NHL players would be getting 100 million dollar deals, i would have laughed at u
darkstar57
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins